Episode 11: In Perfect Harmony

∞ Over and Over Again ∞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

in perfect harmony

Because f(x) is on tour in Japan for their recently released album, Kai and Suk Hee are given breathing room while they practice. Although Kai doesn't want to admit it because she's his girlfriend, he has been feeling suffocated because Krystal wants to spend every breathing moment together. 

"Good morning, Suk Hee," Kai comes in the practice with 2 drinks in hand. Suk Hee smiles and takes hers from him. He sits next to her on the bench, but she moves away from him. Suk Hee hass been trying really hard to erase these feelings because she doesn't want to hurt Mark.

"What are we starting with today?" Kai, who is also trying not to mind his attraction to Suk Hee, asks casually.

"I was thinking we could try a full song today. 'Wait', or 'Sing For You', or whatever. It should be by EXO though, so that you could at least gauge yourself with the main vocals like Baekhyun-ssi or Chen-ssi. Okay?" Suk Hee asks, flipping through the scores of EXO ballads.

"That sounds okay. I want to try singing 'My Lady'?" Kai opens the piano and feels the keys beneath his fingertips.

"Actually, can you sing 'Baby Don't Cry'?" Suk Hee places the score for "Baby Don't Cry" on the piano's music stand. She sits next to Kai, who gets up right after, and begins to play the beginning notes to the song. (I suggest listening to the song while reading this next part, so basically start it right when Suk Hee plays it) Kai walks around the room, getting a feel of the rhythm, then he starts to sing. 

"~Don't think twice please. Take my heart away. Yes, the sharper it is, the better. Even the moonlight closes its eyes tonight.~ If only it was a different guy and not me. If only it was a line from a comedy. I will burn all of the scars you've exchanged for that love,~" Kai circles around the piano and as the chorus nears, he closes his eyes and stays in front of the piano - in front of Suk Hee. She looks up at him, still continuing to play the repetitive melody over and over again. Her gentle fingers caress the keys as she too closes her eyes to feel the music, to hear the piano, to hear Kai sing. When the break comes, she tells him that she will do the rap, so he doesn't have to. Kai nods and goes into the next verse. Suk Hee harmonizes with Kai as he enters the fourth verse. 

"~We exchange our fates. That are headed toward each other. As much as there was no choice but for us to go awry. I know we have loved that much more.~ When you smile, sun shines. The brilliance can't be expressed with language. Waves are crashing down, in my heart,~" With eyes closed, the two harmonize perfectly and Suk Hee ad libs in the chorus, complementing Kai's voice precisely and perfectly. With Kai in front of the piano and Suk Hee behind the keys, the sound they make fills the room and slips out to two random passing employees. They open the door to have a better look at who is creating such pleasant sounds. Soon enough, more and more people are gathering outside of their little practice room, even the president gets wind of what's happening in a humble, and distant practice room. 

"~Baby don't cry tonight. After it becomes dark (I can hold you in my arms). Baby don't cry tonight. It will be like none of this happened. It's not you who will Become short-lives. So baby don't cry cry. Because my love will protect you,~" Kai and Suk Hee only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter