All A Lie

Key To My Heart ~ A JongKey Fanfiction

(1,544 words)

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

No. No. No.

He couldn’t kill himself. That cancelled out my plan. That would just me up more. That would tear Taemin apart, Minho, apart, Onew apart. His mother would cry. Many people would miss him. But I’m avoiding the bigger part about his stupid choice.

I wouldn’t be able to see him anymore. Never hold him again. Kiss him again. Never see his feline eyes narrow or brighten. His bow-shaped lips would never again curve up into a smile. And he would never be able to give me fashion tips again, or worry about himself.

So I ran. I ran to school. That’s where Minho had to be. Where Key was. Where .. where he was planning. I heard lighter footsteps behind me as I sprinted, ignoring the ache spreading through my muscles. It had to be Taemin. In the back of my mind, I wondered why he didn’t try to stop Key.

My lungs began to run raw with the harsh oxygen my quick breaths were scraping across them, my legs beginning to go numb as I pounded them against the pavement. Soon the school was in sight, and I felt myself quicken in anticipation.

And then I was there. And he was there, with Minho. His head turned as my heavy panting caught his attention, his mouth still hanging open from whatever he was saying to the other boy. I felt my heart stop as his gaze caught mine, and his expression changed from desperate to extremely guilty.

“Don’t do it!” I blurted, falling to my knees in front of him, grabbing onto the hem of his jacket at the same moment. The tears began to unwillingly spill down my cheeks again, and I could feel the surprise in the air. “D-Don’t .. don’t do it .. “ I kept babbling, unable to form any other words.

“Don’t do what?” Minho broke the silence, his deep voice full of concern. Maybe Key hadn’t asked him yet. Maybe he was still oblivious. The sobs were still wrecking against my body, full of still-lingering betrayal, hurt, disgust, and another new feeling, desperation.

“K-Kill .. suicide .. my Kibu-(hic)-mmie .. “ Unable to form a coherent sentence, I just the words that ran through my head out there, hoping they would make sense in some way. His clothing slipped out of my grasp and both hands fell to the ground, my head hung to face the pavement. I saw a salty pool begin to form around me.

“What?” Key’s voice made my heart skip a beat again. It was as if I hadn’t seen him for days, weeks, years, even. Even the high pitch of surprise he used couldn’t change the effect it had on me. I felt myself choke up and begin to cry harder as he fell to his knees beside me and started to rub circles over my back calmingly. “Who told you I was going to kill myself?”

“T-Tae .. Taem .. “ I struggled to say his name over the heavy intakes of breath my body kept taking in. Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself enough to be able to speak. It worked. “T-Taemin told me that you c-came by his house and s-said you were going to s-see Minho so he could p-put you out of your misery.” I hiccupped.

“I haven’t seen Taemin since yesterday.” Key said, and I heard the truth in his voice. Minho sighed beside us, and I lifted my head to look up at him. Over all the other things I was thinking about, I could still wonder why he sighed. Key apparently could, too. “What?”

“Well, it’s obvious that he was planning to get you two back together.” He said, as if it was just so obvious. “He figured that the only thing he could do to get Jonghyun to leave and go talk to you was to tell him you were planning on suicide. And it worked. You guys are here right now, talking almost-normally to each other.”

Key’s P.O.V.

He’s right. Minho and Taemin have always thought alike, always been right about anything to do with my love life. They’ve always known. Always helped me. And the one time that they need help with their romance, I go and screw it all up by making it focused on me.

Wow. I’m so self-centered.

“I’m sorry.” I said, not to anyone in particular. I’d hurt Jonghyun the most here, but in the process of that I’d also ed up one of Minho’s chances to get back with my Taeminnie. Make him happy again. I looked up at him for a second, trying to tell him with my eyes that I was talking to him as well.

I broke eye contact with the tall boy as a dino-puppy decided to pass out onto my lap. Freaked out, I looked down at him, and then up at Minho, and back at Jonghyun. What the ? Gently resting him on the pavement I started to freak out. I can’t carry him home! I’m too damn weak! Luckily Minho sighed again and picked up Jonghyun bridal-style, and started to walk towards my house.

I walked beside him, next to Jonghyun’s peaceful, sleeping face. A lone tear still streaked down his face, and I felt one of my own fall as well. I wiped his away, smiling sadly. I doubted that anything would ever be the same again.

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

I woke up back at Key’s house. Groggily sitting up, I glanced around, wondering if everything was just a horrible dream. But no, I could sense a different air. A few things were in different places than before, stuff like that.

One thing was that my head was pounding. From the crying and sobbing, probably. Or from .. oh my god, I passed out. Right onto his lap. I felt my face blush red. How embarrassing. I was such a blubbering mess yesterday. Was it even yesterday? It might still be the same day.

Another thing was that my face felt like a mask. There was a salty, sticky mass covering my pores. Obviously the tears that had poured out of my eyes like they were coming out of a faucet. I bit my lip subconsciously, looking around again. Where was Key?

I mean, he hadn’t just dropped me off at his house and left, right? He-he wouldn’t do that. I know him well enough. Or at least, I think I do. Never mind that. Where is he?

I really didn’t want to talk to him. I just wanted to move on and forget about everything. Live happily. But damnit, he needed to be here for that! I swung my legs around and off the bed, standing up. Ignoring the slight light-headedness I was feeling, I tried to smooth out the wrinkles on my shirt.

“Jonghyun?” I looked up from my shirt to see Key standing at the doorway, a tray of food in his hands. I saw him blush slightly, and I just stared, taking in his appearance. My eyes trailed over his face, and in the same moment I took a few strides over and locked his bow-shaped lips into a passionate kiss. I heard him drop the tray in surprise, and after a second or two began to respond to me.

Key’s P.O.V.

Wow. Not what I was expecting to come back to.

Nevertheless, I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning into the embrace. I felt his strong limbs lightly fall around my waist, and I marvelled at just how well our bodies fit each other. The kiss was full of emotion, but neither of us even made a hint to go further, to even request entrance.

When we broke apart, I found myself feeling complete again. As if he was just another part of me and without him I was forever an unfinished jigsaw. Smiling at the thought, I let my hands fall from him, and soon we were both sitting on my bed again. I was stillincrediblyguilty though.

“Jonghyun, about what happened-“ I tried to apologise, to talk to him about it. Maybe to just sort things out between us and come to some understanding. But he cut me off.Just like that.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” He stated simply, emotionlessly. I tried to read his expression, but he closed his eyes and looked down. Pain stabbed at my heart at the thought of him hurting. I bit my lip, unsure of how to respond. So I just leaned over and wrapped my arms around him again.

In the corner of my eye I saw him smile a bit and open his lids before returning my hug. I couldn’t help but think that the look in his eyes was sad, still full of grief. Again, guilt and pain stabbed at me, and I tried to push the uncomfortable feelings away.

I’ll make it up to him somehow. Tomorrow and however long it takes, I’ll be the perfect boyfriend. I’ll .. I’ll do his laundry, do his homework, help him with anything he needs, and always make time for him. I’ll never, ever let him down again.

It’s the least I can do.


 

Juggling stuff is obviously not my thing. :D School comes up, and then two days in I get sick and miss that and have aboely NO inspiration for this. Normally a sick day will be like; WHOO!; A WHOLE FREE DAY TO WRITE! But I couldn't get *anything* written yesterday. So I put myself ot the test and attempted ot write this chapter. Bleh. I was hoping this whole thing would drag out longer.

OBVIOUSLY IT DIDN'T. LOL.

Anyways~ . On another note, I think I've perfected the chorus of Replay(dance) and the Lucifer tuts. (: <-- Completely random.

I'mma ramble now. About EXO. There's supposed to be 36 teasers, think.  They've only released like, 6 so far. D; Which means that they won't be debuting any time soon. ): Plus, really all we've seen is Kai. Which I understand, because it's easier to make a teaser for a dancer. I mean, if you just have some one sing, it kind of ruins the mystery. But still-they could put some other people in their teasers. =.=  /endramble

K. Sorry for boring you. ^^ I'll go now .. write some .. stuff. LOL

-twarry