Batman vs Superman

Lose You

The moment Mingyu opens his eyes, Wonwoo is already on his mind. It's been a week sincee their last conversation and he really misses the older. He realized that this mess was all his fault and he is scared to face Wonwoo again. They didn't broke up. There's no confirmation to neither both of them so Mingyu is hoping that everything will be back to normal. He can still fix it. But he doesn't know how.

 

 

His thoughts we're interrupted when his phone on the top of the table beside his bed, rings. He gets it and saw a notification from Yeri.

 

 

From: Yeri

Oppa! Good Morning :)

Let's meet at the cafe later.

I need to tell you something. Pleeaasseee.

 

 

Mingyu raised his brows and starts typing a message.

 

 

To: Yeri

Do we really need to go out?

You can just text me about that or call me.

 

 

From: Yeri

No oppa! This is important.

I need to tell you something, personally. =)

And also, I want some Mocha frappe today :D

Be there at 9, 'kay? See ya!

 

 

"Aaaah.. this kid!" Mingyu chuckles and replied only a 'K.' ,hoping that it will annoy the younger. The vacation has just started and it's also been a while since he saw his cousin. So, he accepted the invitation tho he is really lazy to get up from bed. He checks the alarm on the table and it's already 7:30 am. Mingyu finally get up and makes his way to the bathroom. It only took him 15 minutes to shower. He starts fixing himself. Mingyu is looking for a shirt on his closet when his sight caught the neatly folded white shirt on the topmost layer of the closet. It's the shirt Wonwoo bought for him which is similar to the older. He felt a heavy feeling again. It's their first ever major misunderstanding. And it's really hard for Mingyu to handle. Then he thought of Wonwoo. How is he doing? I hope he's not having a hard time like me. But that's impossible, Mingyu. You are both hurting.

 

 

Mingyu sighs and tried to clear his thoughts. He wears a simple blue shirt and a black ripped jeans. After putting some perfumes, he went down to the kitchen to have some breakfast with his mom. He greeted his mom by giving her a kiss on the cheek and Mingyu immediately sits on the stool opposite his mom.

 

 

"Why are yo dressed like that? Are you going somewhere?" his mom asked. "Yeri wants to meet me. She said she has something to tell me. I think it's kind of important because she wants to say it personally. We'll meet at the cafe." Mingyu explained before putting the toast in his mouth.

 

 

"Oh.." Mrs. Kim brings back her attention to her food. "By the way, how are you son? I mean.. are your issues with Wonwoo have been settled? Have you talked to each other?" She looks again to his son now full of worry.

 

 

Mingyu is very open to his mom. He didn't let his mom be outdated about his relationship with Wonwoo. Mrs. Kim is very supportive to the two, that's why she felt really bad when he heard about what happened week ago.

 

 

"We haven't mom." Mingyu sighs, "I'm scared. I'm scared that he won't listen to me. That he will reject me or maybe broke up with me.. I'm scared, mom. I don't know what to do." he look down on his plate and he frowns. Then, a tear drops on his plate, "I miss Wonwoo."

 

 

Mrs. Kim get up from her seat to give his son a hug. Mingyu then wraps his arms on his mother's waist. "Mingyu, just be brave. You need to face this problem. You need to give it a try first before worrying the possible results. Conquer your fear and just be positive." Mrs. Kim cupped her hands on Mingyu's face, "Son, I know that Wonwoo loves you. I know that he will understand and forgive you. Just talk to him and explain yourself sincerely. And also, you should understand and forgive him. Understood?" Mingyu nods while smiling sadly. Mrs. Kim wipes his tears. "After meeting with Yeri, go to Wonwoo, okay? Fix this as soon as now. I love you both. I don't likee to see you suffer like this."

 

 

"Yes, mom. I will fix this. Thank you!" Mingyu smiles and hugs his mom again. Mrs. Kim kissed him on the forehead and she go back to his seat. "Oh! and please bring him here if you're all good. I want to see him. You're so selfish, you never bring him here." she pouts.

 

 

"Mom, we're busy in school, that's why!" Mingyu chuckles, "promise, I'll bring him here soon."

 

 

Mingyu leaves his house at exactly 8:45 am. The cafe is just a 15 minutes walk from his house so he left just on time. He waited for the girl outside the cafe. Almost 10 minutes have passed, but the younger is still not yet arriving. Mingyu starts to worry but then, his phone suddenly rings.

 

 

From: Yeri

Oppa! Sorry TT

 

"Sorry?" Mingyu got confused on his cousin's message.

 

To: Yeri

Sorry for what? Where are you?

 

 

Then Mingyu felt a hand on the top of his shoulder. When he turn around. his body starts to heat up. His hold o his phone tightens and his teeth clenched as he faced the person behind him. He forcelly pushes away the hand on his shoulder.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" But before the guy answers, Mingyu's phone rings again. He glared at the guy before turning to his phone.

 

 

From: Yeri

Sorry, oppa! But Jun oppa really wants to talk to you.

I also want to help you and Wonwoo oppa, that's why I helped him.

I hope you understand TT

 

 

Mingyu shook his head in disbelief. "This is crazy! So now, you're befriending my cousin? We have nothing to talk about!" Mingyu turns and starts to walk away but Jun stops him by pulling his arms.

 

 

"Mingyu! For Wonwoo's sake, please talk to me! Let me explain." Jun said with slight irritation but sincere. But Mingyu is full of pride and pushed away Jun's hands on him again and turn away.

 

 

"Mingyu swallowed that pride! That won't help you! Wonwoo needs you now!" Jun yelled to Mingyu who's almost a meter away now. Mingyu stops. His hands shakes as he closes his fists. Moments later, he's already facing Jun. Mingyu chews his lips and swings his arms towards Jun's jaw. Jun almost lost his balance. He was shocked by the sudden action of the younger. He put his hand on his face and Jun feels a blood on the side of his mouth. Mingyu is strong. Some people walking by the street also stop when they saw Mingyu punched Jun. But no one dare to stops him. And Mingyu also doesn't care about his surroundings. He let his anger controlled him.

 

 

"How dare you kiss Wonwoo? Don't you know how to respect someone else's property? I thought you are my friend!" Mingyu said angrily.

 

 

But Jun chuckles, "So possessive." he smirks before he continue, "It's just on the cheek, Kim! Oh, and may I remind you. Wonwoo is my best friend! We knew each other just before you enters the scene!"

 

 

Mingyu gets Jun by his collar, "I know that you like Wonwoo! Stop making excuses like you are the best friend!" he pushes the older hard that makes Jun almost fell on the gorund, "and I also would like to remind you, that Wonwoo has a boyfriend. Wonwoo is mine!"

 

 

"So, you call yourself a boyfriend? Tell me, have you been good enough? You leave Wonwoo hanging! And when you did, I never leave his side. So that's a good boyfriend?" Jun moves closer to Mingyu.

 

 

"Of course, you're there! You always want Wonwoo to notice you! And don't talk like you know what's happening. I have my reasons!" Mingyu points a finger on Jun.

 

 

Jun rolls his eyes and releases a sigh. He put don Mingyu's hand, "Mingyu, I don't know what's your reason but I want you to tell Wonwoo that." he steps a little backward, "and please stop. I'm not here to make fight with you. I'm here to defend Wonwoo. Yes, I kissed him. But don't get mad at him. It's my own intention. And also, as we always told you, it's just a friendly kiss, so please stop overreacting."

 

 

Mingyu feel offended. He tries to hit Jun again but the older caught his hand. "There's a time for that. Let me finish first." Mingyu put down his arms. He don't want to listen anymore but his body do the opposite. "It's a friendly kiss. But if I will allow myself, I will do more than that. Yes, you are right. I like Wonwoo.. no. I love Jeon Wonwoo. I'm in love with my best friend."

 

 

Mingyu already knows it but he didn't expect it to be this hard to accept when it directly came out from Jun's mouth. Tears fell from Mingyu's eyes without him knowing. He felt so betrayed. But he is worried on Wonwoo, he's the best friend for almost a decade, he will feel more betrayed if ever. "Do you tell Wonwoo? Do you confessed to him?" Mingyu shouted, hoping for a honest response from Jun.

 

 

"No! I don't. And I won't!" Jun also starts to cry. "That's how I love Wonwoo. I love him so much that I don't want to lose him. I didn't tell him because I know that he will avoid me. He will distance himself to me. I don't want that to happen! I don't want to lose my best friend just because of this stupid feelings!" Jun let out all the hurt feelings inside of him, and Mingyu felt it. He was shocked. His anger starts to vanish and it change into shame.

 

 

"But it doesn't really matter, to be honest. Even though I didn't tell him, it still feels the same.. it still hurts! When you came in Wonwoo's life. I feel that you take Wonwoo away from me. I used to be his knight and shining armour, his Superman. But all of a sudden, Batman came to action. He takes my everything away from me! I hate you for that, Kim Mingyu." Mingyu didn't say a word. He had seen it coming. He lowered his head and let Jun to continue, "But I feel guilty about that. You have been a great friend to me. I just realized that I can't.. I can't get mad at you! Crazy right? I've been killing by my own jealousy but still I'm not mad at you. I can't. You are like a brother to me, Mingyu. Remember how I took care of you when you are in the hospital? That's all real. I really care for you. You are such a good person. I see how you love Wonwoo. You always makes him happy. I'm really glad about that. I'm glad that he met you. I've never seen him that happy before. I'm so thankful that he found you. Seeing Wonwoo happy is all I really want. I sacrificed my own feelings just to see both of you happy. Friendship is the most important thing to me. I don't want to lose you both. That's why I support and respect your relationship no matter how it hurts. So please, don't think that I betrayed you." Jun lowered his head and takes a deep breath.

 

 

Mingyu steps closer to Jun, "So..sorry hy..hyung."He felt guilty. Jun has been a good friend to him. The older even helped him to have Wonwoo. Jun played a really important role o their relationship. He realized how rude he is for getting mad at Jun. He indeed overreacted, Mingyu thought.

 

 

"No.. say that to Wonwoo. Please, go back to Wonwoo. He needs you." Jun looked at Mingyu again, "Now hit me. Sorry if I offended you. Sorry if I made you feel stabbed at the back. Sorry, Mingyu. Now go hit me, release your anger."

 

 

But instead, Mingyu hugged him. And Mingyu starts to cry again, "I'm sorry hyung. Sorry for being immature. Sorry if I hurt Wonwoo.. sorry hyung." Jun also cries and he gently tapped Mingyu's back, "I'll be leaving Wonwoo to you now. Please take care of him. Always check on him, okay? When he's busy, he sometimes forgot to eat. When he get sick, bring him some chocolate cake, that helps him recover fast. He's really weird, I swear." Jun chuckles but Mingyu continues to sob, "He has a spare key under the third plant near the door, on the right side of the pathway. Feel free to visit him anytime. I'm sure he'll love that. I'm his only family here in Seoul. His parents are working abroad and I'll be leaving soon. I will go back to China to have my college degree. Please take care of him. I will now entrust Wonwoo you. I hope you don't mind." Jun smiles. He felt the younger shook his head.

 

 

Mingyu let go of Jun, "I promise to love and protect Wonwoo. Don't worry, hyung. Good luck on your studies. I wish you all the best." Jun wipes off the tears on the younger's face and he smiles, "Thank you, Kim Mingyu. I'll now return your side kick to you." they both chuckled. "Now, go to Wonwoo! Ever since you had your fight, he lost his appettite. I'm worried." Mingyu nods.

 

 

"I'm gonna miss you and Wonwoo."

 

 

"We'll miss you too, hyung."

 

 

----------

 

 

Wonwoo slightly opens his eyes as he reach for his alarm clock. It's already 11:30 am, as he usually sets his alarm. He placed the clock back to the table and he closes his eyes agin as he cuddles his pillow. Then, he remember Mingyu. He misses his lover. He misses the warm embrace the younger used to gave him. Wonwoo opens his eyes and sighs with the thought. I miss you, Mingyu.

 

 

He shifted to his right, now facing another table. He smiles to the view he always see everytime he wakes up. Jun always prepare a breakfast for Wonwoo-- even though the younger didn't feel like eatig this past few days. It's like his duty every morning as the school break comes. But Wonwoo's smile fades as he think of Jun. This is probably one of the last meals that Jun will serve to him. Any time of this month, Jun will fly back to China to continue his studies. Jun has been on his side since gradeschool. Wonwoo's parents are working abroad. As his closest friend, somewhat older and also like a brother to him, Jun was asked by Wonwoo's parents to look for their son while they are away. Both of the boys agree with it. Since Jun enters high school, he starts to live independently so he doesn't really mind taking care of his best friend. They didn't moved on the same house tho, as Wonwoo wished to learn living all by himself, of course still with a little help from Jun. And now, Wonwoo really needs to learn standing on his own feet. Anytime from now, Jun will no longer be on his side as often as he used to.

 

 

Wonwoo noticed that instead of orange juice, a milk was served on the food tray. "What was that? Maybe hyung is really getting worried about my health." he smirks, "but he never really prepare a milk for me." Wonwoo's brows curled because of curiousity. 

 

 

He finally get up from bed and sits on the right edge of his bed. Wonwoo yawns and stretched his arms upward but he pauses when his eyes fall on his phone. His brows furrowed again when he saw a yellow note sticked on the screen of his phone. He grabs it and he read what's on the note.

 

 

"Good morning to you! :)"

 

 

Wonwoo smiles. "Jun hyung really wants me to feel sad today. He's so bad." he pouts. Wonwoo put back the phone and the note to the table. He put on his slippers and he went to the table where his food is placed. Wonwoo got surprised on what he saw. No bacon and eggs and no orange juice. Instead, a milk and a chicken sandwhich with fresh lettuce and tomatoes on it. What's wrong with hyung? It's weird. Wonwoo's eyes widen when he saw another sticky note on the tray.

 

 

"I made this for you. Please eat this.

It's not your usual meal, but I hope you still like it. <3

 

                                                       ----->"

 

 

He got curious on the arrow on the lower part, so he flips the paper and he saw another note at the back.

 

 

"I miss you, babe."

 

 

This time, Wonwoo's eyes becomes more bigger. His heart starts to race and he can't explain the emotion he's having right now.

 

 

"B..babe?!?"

 

 

He immediately run out of his room. Wonwoo stops when he saw the back of the tall figure standing on his living area. He's holding a frame with Wonwoo's photo on it, which the taller has captured himself. Wonwoo feels the tears starting to flow on his cheeks. He moves his feet and gives the taller a hug from his back. Wonwoo burst out, letting his tears wet the other's shirt, "Mingyu, I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. Mingyu.. sorry.. I'm sorry."

 

 

Mingyu almost dropped the frame on his hand when he felt an arm wrapped around him. He put down the photo and he closes his eyes as he listens to the sobbing behind him. He missed this. Wonwoo's voice, his warm embrace, Mingyu missed Wonwoo so much. He turn to face the older. He cupped his hands on Wonwoo's wet face, "Ssshh.. Wonwoo, it's my fault. It's all my fault. So don't be sorry, okay?" he wipes the other's tears, not knowing the he himself is also already crying. "I'm sorry Wonwoo. I'm sorry for being so immature. I'm sorry for not being a good boyfriend to you."

 

 

Wonwoo sobs harder. He hugs Mingyu tight like he don't want to let him go. "I'm sorry. I promise to be a better one for you. I won't hurt you again.. I promise." Mingyu added then he kisses Wonwoo's temple.

 

 

They stay like that for 5 minutes, but it feels like forever. The missed the company ang warmth of each other. When Wonwoo calmed down, he utters, "I also made mistake. I'm also sorry for being immature, for not trusting you. I'm really sorry." Then he look on the taller's eyes without removing his embrace. "I'm sorry, Mingyu. I won't do that again.. promise." Mingyu smiles and fix the hair covering the other's eyes, "I guess we both learned on our mistakes. I hope this will make our relationship stronger. It will make us stronger." Wonwoo nods and buried his head again on the taller's neck. "I missed you, Mingyu. I don't want to feel that again. It's really hard."

 

 

Mingyu nods, "It won't happen again, babe." he tightens his hug and whispers to Wonwoo's ear, "I missed you too.. so much."

 

 

They separated from the hug. "Did you eat your breakfast?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo pouts and shook his head, "Not yet."

 

 

"Aiisssh. Let's go and eat the breakfast I made for you. You're getting skinnier. Don't skip meals!" Mingyu said worrily. Wonwoo smiles and nods. He followed the younger as he was pulled to go back to the room.

 

 

"Wait, babe!" Wonwoo slightly pull back his arms to stop Mingyu. The taller turns his head, "What?"

 

 

"I love you.."

 

 

Mingyu moves closer and gives a peck on Wonwoo's nose. "I love you, too."

 

 

Wonwoo blushed, "Okay, let's go!"

 

 

-----------------------------

 

Seventeen's 2nd Win! TTTTTT *throws hearts and confettis*