One Last Time

Lose You

"Mingyu, please fight!" Joy sobs beside Mingyu's hospital bed. "Please, don't leave.. Wonwoo." Tears flow non-stop from her eyes. Joy has a lot of bandages in her arms, leg and even in her forehead. Those wounds really hurts. But to see Mingyu fighting for his life, it hurts more.

 

 

The bus they are riding lost its break causing it to spin around the highway and bump into several cars on the road. When the driver cannot control it anymore, the bus slides on the cliff. Screams and cries of the students and teachers are heard inside the bus. The glass windows also broke when the bus hits some cars, rocks and trees. Many students got injured and some are in critical condition.. including Mingyu.

 

 

Mingyu was hit by a broken glass on his cheek and also on his chest, buried almost near his heart. He lost his conciousness just before the rescuers and medical teams arrived. Joy on the other hand, only got minor wounds since Mingyu is the one sitting beside the window. The guy got more chance to be hit by the glass. Joy cried in terror. Her hands, legs, lips, literally her whole body shakes in fear. Bloods and broken glasses are everywhere. She tries to wake Mingyu up but the taller didn't open his eyes. Joy immediately look for Mingyu's phone. When she finally got it, the rescuers appeared. She keeps the phone on her pocket then she cried for help.

 

 

When they reached the hospital, the nurses treated her wounds. Mingyu was immediately brought to the emergency room. According to the nurse, Mingyu losts lots of blood because of glasses buried on the different parts of his body. And the operation is quite dangerous because his heart was almost hit by the glass. Joy is still trembling. She got more scared because of Mingyu's condition. She gets the phone on her pocket and he dialed Wonwoo's number. She told the other about Mingyu's condition but Wonwoo seems to be not listening to her. She got no response. And the last thing she heard from the other line is a loud cry from a girl.

 

 

After the operation, Mingyu was sent on the other room. Some apparatus are connected on his body. On the side of his bed is a screen which monitors his heartbeat. The doctor told Joy that her friend has a least chance to survive. Mingyu's heart is getting weaker. They successfully removed all the glasses on his body, but his heart is having a hard time in recovering. Aside from the cut in the veins, his heart is also showing some signs of being traumatized. The doctors assumed that Mingyu has experienced a same situation before that will be the other reason for his heart to be so traumatized. And they are right. It's already Mingyu's second life. Is it possible for him to be given a third chance?

 

 

Joy holds on Mingyu's hand with needle buried on it. "Mingyu.. keep on fighting! Wonwoo is on his way. Please wait for him, Mingyu!" 

 

 

She glanced on the screen and notices the heart beat getting slow. She tightens her grip on the taller, "Mingyu, Wonwoo loves you so much! I wouldn't be asking you to love me anymore! Just please don't leave us. Mingyu, please." Joy pressed her lips on Mingyu's skin. She had cried so much but the tears don't seem to be gone.

 

 

"Wonwoo! Where are you?!?" She mumbles between her sobs. Suddenly, she heard a loud high pitch sound over the monitor. The lines that moves up and down motion

 starts to straighten. Joy gasps and her eyes widen. Her body starts to tremble again. She shook his head and immediately runs to the door to call for help.

 

 

"Doctor!! We need you! Nurse!! Doctor!! Heeeelp!!" She runs back to Mingyu's bed "Mingyu!! Nooo!! Mingyu!!! Breatheee!! Mingyu!! Wake uuppp!!" The doctor and some nurses finally arrived. The doctor ask his nurse to get something. And when the nurse came back, they started to revive Mingyu's life. Joy was pulled to stay on the door by the other nurse. The doctor is giving all his best to save Mingyu's life.

 

 

Seconds later, Joy saw Wonwoo with a girl running towards the room. "Wonwoooo!!" she cried.

 

 

When Wonwoo reached the room, his body froze and tears starts to flood his face again. He can't believe what's infront of him. More than four persons wearing an all-white uniform are standing around the bed. Everyone looks frightened and focused on their job. And then he noticed the man lying on the bed. His eyes are closed. Peacefully sleeping. He didn't seems to be bothered by the machine being pressed on his chest making it pushed upward in great force. It feels hurt but the man doesn't mind at all. Wonwoo then glanced on the face of the man. It's the face of the man he wants to see everyday. It's the face of the man that makes him happy every minute of his life. It's the face of the man he truly loves and he will forever love. It's Mingyu. The man lying on the bed fighting for his life is Kim Mingyu, Jeon Wonwoo's other half.

 

 

Wonwoo went back to reality when the girl beside him cried out loud. "Mingyu opppaaaaa!! Oppaaaa!! Wake up!! Kim Mingyu!!! Wakee uppp!! Don't leave meee!!" Yeri was stopped by the nurses. No one is allowed to get near the patient when his being revived. Wonwoo breathes heavily. Finally realizing everything. Then he finally cried..

 

 

"Mingyuuu!! Don't.. don't this to meee! Don't leave me.. Mingyu!! Pleaseee. Pleasee!!" he felt an arms wrapped around him. Joy is trying to give him comfort. But this not what he needs right now. He needs Mingyu. He needs his life.

 

 

Everyone holds on their breath when the doctor finally stops. 

 

 

"Why did you stop?" Wonwoo asked. "Is he alive? He's alive, right?"

 

 

The nurse across the doctor looks on Wonwoo's direction with sad eyes. Wonwoo also looks at him waiting for a response.. a positive response.

 

 

The nurse didn't say a word. Instead, he just lowered his head then he face the doctor again. Wonwoo's tears keeps on flowing. He didn't got any response, until the doctor finally speaks. Everyone's attention is on him.

 

 

"Time of death: 4:06pm"

 

 

Wonwoo felt his knees got weak. He watches as the doctor and nurses removes the needles and cords connected on Mingyu. He watches as the nurse turns off the monitor beside the bed. He watches as the other nurse covers Mingyu with a white cloth up to his face. Wonwoo watches as Mingyu's face starts to disappear from his sight. And everything went black.

 

 

-------------------------------

 

 

Wonwoo slowly opens his eyes and found himself sitting on the hospital's hallway. He's leaning on someone's shoulder. The dark haired boy slowly sat up and looks on his side. He frowns when he didn't see Mingyu. He was sitting beside Joy.

 

 

"Where's Mingyu?" he asked. "He's alive, right? I dreamt of him. He holds my hand. He kissed me." Wonwoo starts on crying again. He looks on the girl beside him. Joy is also crying. "Yaah! Joy! Where's Mingyu?"

 

 

"W-Won..woo" she stutters.

 

 

"Whaat?" the boy yelled exasperatedly.

 

 

"Oppa."

 

 

Wonwoo look up and he saw Yeri standing infront of him. The young girl is extending her hand, inviting Wonwoo to come with her. The older stares on her hand first before taking it.

 

 

Yeri takes him in a room with an unpleasant smell. The lighting is darker than in the usual rooms of the hospital. When they enter, Wonwoo saw a stainless table standing on the right side of the room. On the top of it is a long thing covered by a black cloth. Yeri looks at him and gently squeezed his hand. He look at the younger and Yeri takes it as a sign for them to start their way to the table. There's a man standing beside the table. When the two reached the place, the man utters. "You only have 10 minutes to say your last words. I'm sorry." Then he slowly pulls down the cloth. 

 

 

Little by little, Mingyu's face is being revealed. The man stops when he reached the shoulders. He left the two to have some privacy. 

 

 

"Oppa, I've already said my words to him. I'm with auntie (Mingyu's mom) earlier. It's your turn now. Tell Mingyu oppa how much you love him. How much you'll gonna miss him. Okay?" Yeri can't help herself from crying. Wonwoo just nods without looking at the girl. He is just staring at Mingyu's pale, lifeless face. Yeri then walks out.

 

 

Wonwoo cries silently. He closes his eyes and throws his head backward. He doesn't know where to start. He doesn't know what to say. He doesn't want this situation at the first place. It shouldn't be happening.

 

 

He hardly bites on his lips. He takes a deep breath and watches again Mingyu's face. Though it's lifeless, it's still the same. He is still handsome, Wonwoo thought. It's just a colorless plain version of Mingyu's handsome face. The face Wonwoo admires everyday. The face he showers with kisses and the same face he wants to see in the morning when he wakes up. But it won't happen. It's really impossible to happen now. Perhaps, only on his dreams. Everything, from now on, will be happening only on Wonwoo's dreams.

 

 

Wonwoo placed his hand on Mingyu's cold cheek. "Why?" the first word that comes out from his mouth.

 

 

"I thought there's a forever. Well, you told me that there's a forever. Then, why are you here? You're leaving me? Why? You don't love me anymore? Do you? Mingyu.. I love you so much. You are the only one that I have. Why do you have to leave me? How will I face tomorrow without you here with me? How? How can I move on with my life if I won't be seeing you again? Tell me how?" He grips on the edge of the cloth covering Mingyu. "You know how hard it is for me, Mingyu. It already happened before. And you.. you promised me that it won't happen again! Mingyu, you broke your promise!" Wonwoo pauses to breathe and give way on his tears. 

 

 

"Losing you is the hardest thing, Mingyu. I'd rather fail on my exams than missing you every examination day. I'd rather give up everything than to see you here. Mingyu, I miss you. I miss your touch, your warmth, your kiss. I miss your laugh, your glares, your pouts. I miss your everything. Kim Mingyu, why leave me so soon? We have lots of plans in our future. There are lots of things we want to do together. You told me you will bring me to the doctor when you come back. But you bring yourself here instead. Why? Mingyu, why? Why do you have to leave me? Why do I have to lose you?" He buries his head on the cold neck as he sobs. He wants to hug the taller, he wants to kiss him but it's sad and painful to feel and to see that Mingyu won't respond. Wonwoo feels himself breaking into pieces. His sobs making him hard to breathe. His head is aching so much but he ignores all this pain. He just want to be with his love. He wants to be with him forever. But how? He's already gone.

 

 

Later on, Yeri returns with the man earlier. He told Wonwoo that his time is up. Wonwoo still didn't want to let go so Yeri forcely pull him away from Mingyu. The young girl gave him a warm hug and rests his head on her shoulders. The man on their side interrupts Wonwoo's mourning. He handed him a zip-lock plastic with something on it.

 

 

"I think I need to give this to you." said the man. Wonwoo look up and gets the plastic. His cry gets harder when he saw Mingyu's ring inside. Yeri let go of him and Wonwoo turns to Mingyu again.

 

 

"I love you so much, babe. I love you. Kim Mingyu, you will always be my one and only love. I will love you forever." He leans down to kiss Mingyu's cold dark lips. Wonwoo's tears wets the youngers face. "I love you, Mingyu. I will miss you." Wonwoo kissed Mingyu again, for the last time.

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

After the funeral, Mrs. Kim asked Wonwoo if he wants to move out from his apartment and just stay with her. But the boy refused and told ther that he wants to continue living independently. "I want Mingyu to be proud of me." he reasoned out.

 

 

Mrs. Kim bids goodbye and kissed Wonwoo on his temple. Then suddenly, a man sitted beside him.

 

 

"It's been a long time since the last time I saw him. I never thought that I will be seeing him again.. in this kind of situation. He's a greag person. He doesn't deserve to leave this world so soon." The man then faced Wonwoo, "But maybe, there's a reason for this. Let's just accept it. I missed you, both. I'm so sorry for his loss."

 

 

"Hyung, we missed you too." Wonwoo smiles, a sad smile, and he pulls Jun for a hug.

 

 

"Stay strong, Wonwoo. I will be here for you again. I promise Mingyu that I will not leave your side."

 

 

"Thanks hyung."

 

 

"Wonwoo, let's go? You need to take a rest. You look skinnier than the last time I saw you. And you look pale. Are you sick?" Wonwoo shook his head.

 

 

"Hyung just wait for me at the car. I'll just say something to Mingyu." Jun nods and then he left Wonwoo alone.

 

 

Wonwoo turn his gaze on the ground where Mingyu was buried. He put his hands on his pocket and he pulls out a necklace. 

 

 

"Babe, I will be wearing your ring, okay? I turn it into a necklace I hope you don't mind. The diamond pendant, I kept it on my drawer. Don't worry it's safe there. I just want to feel you everyday." Wonwoo unlocks the necklace then he put it around his neck. "With your ring on my neck, it feels like you're hugging me. I can feel your warmth around me." he smiles while touching the ring on his collar.

 

 

"And of course, this ring that you gave me, I wont remove it. As you told me, it indicates that you will always be in my heart." His smile turns into a frown. "I'll make myself believe that there's really a forever. Please, help me believe. Let me believe that you're still watching over me. That you're still here with me, although it's very obivious that I already lose you. Please help me Mingyu."

 

 

Wonwoo stands up and turn to make his way to the car. But before he leaves, he glance again to the ground. "See you soon, my love."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

A/n: Just kidding! ✌ Hahaha. Should I make an epilogue? Haha.

Have you seen L.U.V's Music Video by BTOB? Well, I'm so glad to know and realize that the story of the video is quite similar to my story. Not exactly like that. But yeah, if you watch it you will get an idea! :D

If you're really focused and observant in this story.. I believe, you know that it's not yet the end. :) 

 

 

Thank you so much to everyone who supported my story. Thank you so much for upvoting, subscribing and commenting. This is my first ever fanfic so I'm just a beginner. Sorry if I didn't met your expectations. Sorry if you're not satisfied TT I'll do better next time. But again, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATED THIS STORY. ILYSM. ❤❤❤❤❤ GODBLESS Y'ALL! xoxo