It's Complicated

Lose You

The end of the school days is already coming. Jun will be graduating and one more year for Mingyu and Wonwoo. Every students are busy in completing some requirements and projects. Everyone is on a rush for the deadlines. As a top student, Wonwoo believes that this point in time is most stressful days. You are not just rushing everything, at the same time it should be at its best. Grades are not just a number .. it's a precious number.

 

 

Wonwoo is at the cafeteria again with his paperworks. He is almost done with his 10 pages essay - one more page to go. But there are more pending works. He needs to do it before the deadline, which is next week. While writing, he can't also take his eyes off of his watch. Going to the cafeteria after class is part of Mingyu and Wonwoo's daily routine. But it's already 3 pm and their class ended at 1:30 pm, the younger is still nowhere to be seen. Mingyu told him that he will be attending a meeting in their club, but its already an hour and a half had passed .. what took him so long? he thought. Wonwoo pouts and he paused from writing for a while. He rests his head over his hand and on other hand, he's playing with his pen. Mingyu is making the situation harder for Wonwoo. Instead of focusing his mind on his works, here he is worrying for the younger.

 

 

Suddenly, the pen fell from his hand. From pout, Wonwoo's mouth hang open when he saw Mingyu eneters the cafeteria. He is laughing with a girl, looks younger than him. The girl is not familiar to Wonwoo. Unconsciously, Wonwoo crumpled the paper on the left side of him. When he realized it, he panicked and he flatens the paper. It took him 5 hours to finish that 7th page of his essay, it shouldn't be messed up or ruined. Then he looks again to Mingyu that also looks at his direction abruptly. Mingyu smiled at him and then went straight to other direction. Wonwoo gets up from hiis sit. He can't believe that Mingyu ignored him. Okay, the younger smiled at him so he wasn't really ignored at all. But the fact that Mingyu didn't approach him, Wonwoo felt neglected.

 

 

"What the .. I'm waiting for him here for almost two hours .." Wonwoo said glaring to Mingyu's table, still with the unknown girl, "then he will just smile at me? And whose that girl? Aarrgh .. Kim Mingyu! I'm cramming here and instead of joining or helping me .. there you are, laughing with that girl as if you don't have works to be done" he said to Mingyu tho the younger cannot really hear him. Wonwoo felt his blood rise up to his head. He take a deep breath, "aish!" Wonwoo starts to make his way to Mingyu but someone stops him. Wonwoo felt someone grabs his arm. When he turns he saw Jun looking at him, kinda irritated.

 

 

"Hyuuung . . ." Wonwoo whined. He feels his tears but he don't allow them to flow. Wonwoo is so stressed, right now. It's making him crazy. And he wants to blame Mingyu.

 

 

"Jeon Wonwoo. The deadline of this essay is next week right?" Jun asked but Wonwoo continue to whine. Jun tightens his grip on the younger, "am I right, Wonwoo?" Wonwoo pouts and nodded. He saw Jun fixing his things but he didn't care to ask why instead, he glared again to Mingyu's table.

 

 

"Why is he doing this to me?" Wonwoo mumbled. He gets more irritated when he saw again the two laughing, "aiiissh!" he wants to dash again but he felt Jun pulling his arm.

 

 

"Let's go"

 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

 

"Somewhere!"

 

 

"What? Hyuung . . ." Wonwoo can't protest when Jun pulled him. But he didn't leave Mingyu out his sight until they left the cafeteria.

 

- - - -

 

"Wonwoo, that's not how you eat ice cream?" Jun watches as Wonwoo hard his spoon on his ice cream. He shook his head as he was so done with his best friend. Jun brought Wonwoo on an ice cream parlor to cool up his head. But, it looks like it's not working on him. Jun hold Wonwoo's wrist to stop his childish act.

 

 

"Yah! Wonwoo!"

 

 

Wonwoo stops. He took a deep breath and leans back to his seat. Jun let go of his hands. Jun takes a bite of his ice cream, then he looks up at Wonwoo again. And to his surprise, the younger is crying. Jun dropped his spoon and he approaches Wonwoo. He kneeled beside Wonwoo's seat and he stretched his hands to wipe the other tears. "Why are you crying?"

 

 

"Hyung, I don't think I can love and study at the same time." Wonwoo looks down at Jun, "It's really hard, hyung. I think I'm going crazy" Jun hugs Wonwoo and the younger can't help it, he let out all his tears.

 

 

Jun rubs his back, "Don't say that .. you're just overthinking .." he let go of the younger and wipe his tears again.

 

 

"And how can't I, hyung? I'm having a hard time because of those projects and there was Mingyu .. flirting with a junior? How can't I overthink? I don't think I can take it , anymore .." Wonwoo explained while sobbing.

 

 

"I don't think that's a valid reason for you to quit .. Mr. Jeon." Jun stood up and get back to his seat. "Have you tried talking to Mingyu?" Wonwoo shook his head while pouting, "Then don't make any conclusion yet. You don't know what's the truth."

 

 

"But hyung, I waited for him. And when he came .. he just smiled at me. He doesn't even approach me and asked how am I doing. And the worst thing here .. he sitted on the other table .. with that girl. What the he--" Wonwoo paused when his phone rings.

 

 

Incoming call: Batman <3

 

 

"You know what? Just let him explain." Jun told Wonwoo but he just ignore the call.

 

 

"I don't think it's the right time. I don't want to talk to him." Another call came but Wonwoo ignored it. Then, he received four more missed calls from Mingyu but Wonwoo is determined.

 

 

"Then, when is the right time?" Jun asked.

 

 

Wonwoo's phone vibrates. This time, he received messages.

 

 

From: Batman <3

Babe?

 

From: Batman <3

Babe, are you okay?

Where are you?

 

From: Batman <3

Why aren't you answering?

Babe??? :((((

 

 

After reading the messages, Wonwoo looked up at Jun. "I don't know hyung. I'm not sure." And he turn off his phone.

 

-----------

 

Mingyu is looking down on his phone. Wonwoo is not answering his calls and even his messages. His getting worried for his boyfriend.

 

 

"What happened to him?" Mingyu murmured. He pouts as he watches his phone on the table. He can't focus on his essay because Wonwoo is making him worry.

 

 

"Oppa? Are you okay?" Mingyu heard the girl beside him. He glance at her and he look back to his phone. "Hmm.. I don't know Yeri." Mingyu frowns.

 

 

"Oppa, what's the problem? Did someone texted you something? Cause you keep on watching your phone. It's distracting you in your essay." Yeri tilts her head and looks at Mingyu with worry.

 

 

Mingyu turns to face Yeri, "Actually, no one's really texting me. It bothers me. I've been waiting for his response but he's not answering my calls and messages." he pouts charmingly that makes Yeri giggles.

 

 

"You're so cute. Stop that oppa!" she chuckles and Mingyu grins, "who's that anyway? girlfriend?" Yeri asks while turning back on her notes.

 

 

"Boyfriend." Mingyu said also returning to his essay.

 

 

"Ahh.."

 

 

...

 

 

"Wait! Wh-whaaat?!" Yeri exclaimed. Mingyu and some of the students near them paused on their doings and looked at Yeri. Yeri bows apologetically and smiles awkwardly to them. She moves closer to Mingyu and she lowered her voice.

 

 

"Oppa? Did I heard it right? Yo-you said bo-boyfriend?" Mingyu nods and Yeri covers with his hand and her eyes widens. Mingyu laughed hard on the girl's reaction. "Kim Yeri! You okay? Why?" he chuckles.

 

 

"Oppa b-but.. why? when?.. h-how?! Oppaaaa!!" Yeri shakes Mingyu on his shoulder. Mingyu held the other's arms to stop her. He smiles and starts explaining, When? Ahm.. a loooong time ago, i think.. and why? because of him" Mingyu grabs his phone to show Yeri his wallpaper, which is Wonwoo. Yeri grabs the phone to have a closer look at Wonwoo.

 

 

"Yeri? Do you still accept me? Are you disappointed on me?" Mingyu asks the younger. Yeri looks up from the phone to watch Mingyu's puppy eyes. She smiles and Mingyu releases a sigh of relief, "So? Is that a positive response?" he asks again.

 

 

Yeri put her hand over Mingyu's "Oppa. No matter who you are.. or.. what you are.. I will accept you. I will never be disappointed to you. kay?" Yeri assured the boy. She holds Mingyu's hand tighter to show her sincerity. Mingyu holds her back and he smiles.

 

 

Yeri let go of Mingyu's hand and she gave back his phone. "You know what? He's cute.. I am sure you two look good together." she chuckles when he saw Mingyu blushed.

 

 

Yeri stretched her neck and starts turning her head from left to right. She loams her eyes around the cafeteria, "Oppa, I think I saw him here earlier." She said till loooking for Wonwoo.

 

 

"Yeah he's here but he left a while ago."

 

 

"You saw him?" Yeri stops from searching and focuses again to Mingyu. "Yep," the boy answered.

 

 

Yeri rest her chin on her hand, "Then, why didn't we approached him? You should've introduce us to each other." she raises her eyebrows.

 

 

"I know .. but he's busy. " Mingyu decided to go back on his writings, "I don't want to disturb him."

 

 

"Well, oppa .. you are both busy. I think it's better if you could just at least join him at the table." Yeri said still watching Mingyu.

 

 

Mingyu paused on writing and he sighs, "I want to. I really want to be with him, Yeri. But, Wonwoo is a top student. I don't want to ruin his concentration on his works, like this our essay. I don't ant him to fail or to have a low grades because of me. You know what I mean is.. ahm.. Yeri you know me. You know how I love to cuddle, to laugh and to talk a lot. I don't think I'm a good buddy in studying. I am sure big distraction to him." he frowns and plays with his pen, "It's hard for me to leave his side but I'm doing this for his own good. I hope he'll understand."

 

 

Yeri moves closer to wrap her arms around Mingyu's shoulders. Mingyu looks at her, "I love  Wonwoo so much, Yeri. I am trying my best here to be a good boyfriend to him." Yeri smiles and gently taps the older's shoulder. "I know and I'm sure he will understand." She tilts her head to rest on Mingyu's shoulder. "Oppa, you're so sweet. Wonwoo and I are so lucky to have you." Mingyu smiles and he gently rubs his cousin's head.

 

-----------

 

Wonwoo is lying on his bed, watching his phone on his hand as it light up every minute. Mingyu keeps on sending him messages but he didn't really want to make any response. Wonwoo wants the younger to realize what he did. Suddenly, his phone rings and Wonwoo almost dropped it on his chest.

 

 

Incoming call: Batman <3

 

 

He hates Kim Mingyu right now. But, honestly, he really misses his boyfriend. He badly wants to hear the other's voice so he finally decided to accept the call.

 

 

"Finaaalllly! Babe? Is everything okay?

 

 

"...."

 

 

"Hello? Babe?"

 

 

"....."

 

 

"Wonwoo? Are you there? Yoohooo.."

 

 

"....."

 

 

"Babe tell me, what's wrong?"

 

 

Wonwoo closes his eyes as he listens to the voice on the other line. He can feel his tears ready to escape his eyes.

 

 

"Jeon Wonwoo! Please talk to me. I mis--"

 

 

"Let's just talk after all the deadlines. Bye."

 

 

Just before Mingyu could react, Wonwoo ended the call. And as if on cue, his tears fall down on the side of his eyes.

 

---------

 

Today is Jun's graduation day. Also, it's already a week since Wonwoo starts to ignore Mingyu -- or Mingyu starts to ignore Wonwoo. The deadline of their requirements was two days ago, but one initiates to start a conversation between the two. Both of them watched the event but Mingyu is with Yeri and Wonwoo is alone. Mingyu has a two sets of bouquet of flowers on his hand. He gave the set on his right hand to Yeri.

 

 

"Please give it to Jun hyung, okay?" Mingyu told Yeri, "I'll give this one to Wonwoo . . . when I'm ready." he added while looking at the flowers on his left hand.

 

 

"I know your ready, oppa! Fix this as soon as possible. I hate seeing you like that," Yeri stands up and pick up her bag.

 

 

Mingyu grab her wrist, "Hey, where are you going?"

 

 

"You told me to give it to that Jun guy .. so I'm going now, 'cause I'm ready!" she rolled her eyes and pull back his hands from Mingyu's grip.

 

 

Mingyu was left there, getting nervous than ever.

 

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

Yeri makes her way to Jun and Wonwoo's direction. The event has ended. The graduates are now heading to their family and close relatives. Yeri fixed herself before approaching the two.

 

 

She made it infront of them and she did a fake cough to be noticed, "Hello!" she said excitedly. She bows politely to Jun, "Congratulations, Mr. Wen Junhui! Flowers for you." Yeri blushed as she looks at Jun whose smiling at her. "Omg! You're so handsome in up-close," she giggles. Yeri can't help herself to fangirl over Jun and Jun enjoys the girl's reaction. While Wonwoo, on the other hand, froze in his position. What the heck? After Mingyu, now she's into Jun hyung? Wonwoo thought. He can feel his blood boiling while watching the two infront of him. But he's glaring particularly to the girl.

 

 

"Excuse me, do we know you?" Wonwoo interrupted with annoyed tone. He asked tho they both really know who's that girl but except for her name. Yeri turn to Wonwoo without removing the smile on her face. Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Nope. But I know you guys. My cousin says a lot of things about you two, just recently", she grins. Jun and Wonwoo exchange looks. "Especially you, Jeon Wonwoo",she points to Wonwoo. The younger of the two boys raised his eyebrows. "Me?" he asked and Yeri nods.

 

 

"Who's your cousin?" Jun asked politely and Yeri turn back her attention to Jun.

 

 

Yeri extends her hand infront of Jun for a shake hands, "I'm sorry for approaching you without introducing myself. Hi! I'm Kim Yerim. Just call me Yeri." she bows. Wonwoo folds his arms on his chest and still have a sharp gaze at Yeri. Jun nods and shakes the girl's hand. "I'm Kim Mingyu's cousin" she added.

 

 

Both Jun and Wonwoo froze on what they heard. Guilt starts to filled Wonwoo's thoughts. Wonwoo swallows and his eyes widen. "You're Mingyu's what?" he asked.

 

 

"Cousin." the girl answered "Actually, we've last seen each other a very long time ago. And now, I never thought that we'll bumped again here in this campus. I'm really happy to see him again" she narrates.

 

 

"So you are not Mingyu's girlfriend or something.. We -- ah no, I thought you are!" Jun chuckles.

 

 

"Me? NO! Of course not. I thought you are friends with Mingyu oppa? Don't you know Wonwoo is his boyfriend?" Yeri asked curiously.

 

 

Wonwoo bites his lips and he can feel his cheeks heat up because of embarrassment or whatever you call that feeling you get when you find out that your accusations are wrong. Jun smack him on his arms and the older laughs again. "Oh really? Wait.. Wonwoo did you tell me about that? Hmmmm.." Jun asks innocently. He's trying to tease his bestfriend. Wonwoo rolled his eyes when Jun put his arms around his shoulders. "Yeeaaah! I remember. Sorry I forgot" he laughs again.

 

 

Yeri feels so weird about the two. She laughs awkwardly, "By the way, those flowers are from him. I was just asked to give it to you. I'll go ahead now. Nice meeting you oppas." she bows and the other two do the same. Yeri starts to turn away but he turn back to Wonwoo.

 

 

"Mingyu oppa missed you so much! I hope you'll be okay soon. Bye!" she pouts and then just a split-seconds she disappeared.

 

 

Wonwoo lowered his head. Jun face him and he holds the younger's hands. "I know you missed him too" he said. Jun place his other hand under Wonwoo's chin to lift his head up.

 

 

"Wonwoo, I know you're feeling bad right now. But, let me take this opportunity to thank you." He locked his eyes on the other, "Thanks for being my best friend. Thanks for being always there when I need you. You always make me smile, you always make my day." Finally, Wonwoo smiles again. "For those years we have each other, you alays depends on me. But now, Wonwoo, it's time for you to stand on your own. I won't be there anymore if you want someone to eat with, to help you in your reports, to bring you food when you forgot to eat. I think I need to train Mingyu for this." Jun chuckles.

 

 

"Hyung, why are you talking like that? It feels like you're leaving me." Wonwoo frowned.

 

 

 

"Well, Jeon Wonwoo. I am really leaving. I won't be studying here anymore. I've just graduated, remember? I'm now going to university" his hold on Wonwoo's hand gets stronger, "I may have new priorities from now on, but always remember that I'll still look after you. But not as frequent as how I used to. So I want you to take care of yourself, okay? I'll be leaving you now.. in Mingyu's arms." his voice starts to shake. Wonwoo's eyes also starts to filled with water. He pulls Jun for a hug and tears finally come down on the both of them.

 

 

"Take care of yourself too, hyung. I'll miss this. I will miss you. Thank you so much for everything." Wonwoo said. Jun let go of him. He wipes Wonwoo's tears and smile sadly at him. Wonwoo starts to freeze when he saw Jun's face slowly leaning closer to him. He hold his breath as the older tilts his head. Jun gave Wonwoo a kiss-- on his cheek.

 

 

Jun moves away and laugh at Wonwoo's reaction. "Hey Wonwoo! Breathe!" he told the younger.

 

 

"Hy-hyuung.." Wonwoo stutters.

 

 

"I knew it."

 

 

Wonwoo and Jun exchange suprised and confused looks when they heard a voice behind them. Wonwoo moves a little to have a glance on the person at Jun's back. His eyes turn wide on what he saw.

 

 

"Mingyu."

 

 

Mingyu dropped the bouquet of flowers on his hand. The expression on his face is unexplainable. Just before Wonwoo can go near him, Mingyu walks away.

 

 

Wonwoo runs until he reached the younger. He grab his arms and turn the other to face him. "Mingyu, please don't misinterpret that. He was just thankful to me that he showed it through that kiss." Mingyu remove Wonwoo's grip on him.

 

 

"He could have just say 'thank you' then. Wonwoo, I know that it's not just that."

 

 

"No, Mingyu! Believe me! It's just a friendly kiss! He kissed me on the cheeks.. just on my cheek!"

 

 

"Wherever it is. It is still a kiss. It's still from him! Wonwoo, it this the reason why are you ignoring me? You know what, you should have just told me you want to end this rather than making me wait and think of what's really going on!" Mingyu released a deep sigh. He wants to release all the heavy feelings inside of him.

 

 

Wonwoo shook his head as he finally let go of his tears. "That's not true Mingyu! You don't understand." his voice cracks.

 

 

"Yes Wonwoo! I really don't understand!" Mingyu shouted. His voice are also shaking but he's holding back his tears. "I don't understand why are you being like this! You're ignoring me! I tried to talk to you but you're not answering my calls and messages. Wonwoo, the deadlines had passed, but still nothings going right!" he moves backward and glared at the guy not too far behind Wonwoo, " And now, I'll be seeing you, having fun with him! This is so unfair, Jeon Wonwoo!" he look again at Wonwoo and he finally let his tears to fall down.

 

 

"Mingyu please listen to me!" he tried to hold the other's hand but Mingyu didn't let him. "Mingyu, please listen.. I -- I ignored you because of Yeri!"

 

 

"WHAT?!?" Mingyu furrowed.

 

 

"Mingyu.. I'm sorry" Wonwoo sobs.

 

 

"Wonwoo, she's my cousin! You're not trusting me, don't you?"

 

 

"I'm sorry Mingyu!" finally Mingyu let the older to touch him, "I'm just so stressed that time! And seeing you with a girl.. it's making me crazy!

 

 

"I want to introduce you to her, but you starts ignoring me. I never thought that you will be jumping to that conclusion." Mingyu said in calmer voice but anger is still obvious.

 

 

"I'm so sorry for acting like that! Sorry Mingyu" he hugged the taller. But Mingyu pulls him away and holds the other 's arms.

 

 

"Wonwoo believe me when I say I love you. My heart is all yours. All this time, I thought I have your trust. Maybe, I thought wrong." he let go of the older and he turn around.

 

 

"How about me? You don't trust me too!" Wonwoo yelled.

 

 

Mingyu turns to face him again. "I trust you, Jeon Wonwoo.. so much. But that hyung.." he looks at Jun. "I don't know how to trust him anymore."

 

 

Mingyu walks away and he left Wonwoo tearing apart with Jun on his side.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Omg. What is this? TT I'm sorry everyone.

And btw, please give love to our new character. <3 YERI! I love Red Velvet :) haha.

Again thanks for reading and subscribing! 

xoxo