Other Half [Special Chapter ♡]

Lose You

It's a normal school day today for Wonwoo and Mingyu. Their class ends early so as usual, they stay at the cafeteria to do some homeworks. Wonwoo is writing down some notes while Mingyu on his side is just staring at him. Mingyu placed his elbow on the table with his hand supporting his head positioned sideway to face his quiet boyfriend. He has an earphone plugged on his ear so he didn't noticed that Wonwoo is already talking to him. Mingyu blinks when his lover finally looks at him. 

 

 

Mingyu removed the earphone on his ears, "I'm sorry. Are you saying something?" he asked. Wonwoo shook his head then he go back on his writings. "I'm just wondering.."

 

 

"About what?" Mingyu asked.

 

 

"I didn't expect you to top the ranking. I was wrong. You are still better than me.. I guess."

 

Mingyu chuckles, "Babe, I forgot to tell you. I am also a consistent top student like you, ever since I was a kid. I was accelerated.. that's why we are in the same year even though I'm younger than most of you in the class." he explains casually.

 

 

"Really?" Wonwoo gasps. He put down his pen then he face Mingyu. "Wow. Babe, have I told you that you are perfect?" Mingyu shook his head with a cute pout on his face. Wonwoo squeezed Mingyu's face with his hand, "Then, you are perfect Kim Mingyu!" the older laugh and he continue on his notes.

 

 

Mingyu laughs then he continue on staring at Wonwoo. His brain scans every points of Wonwoo's features. His nose, his lips, his sharp eyes, his long lashes, his blac--

 

 

"Mingyu!" 

 

 

He stopped on admiring his lover's face when the older call his attention. "Please stop staring at me. I can't concentrate here because of your stares." Wonwoo told him but not annoyed at all.

 

The taller sat up and murmurs an apology. He plugs his earphones and turn his attention to anything but Wonwoo.

 

 

This time, Wonwoo turns his gaze to his side, on Mingyu's hand resting on the table. His brows furrowed then he faced the taller, "You got a ring.. on your ring finger." he said in full of curiousity.

 

 

Mingyu heard him. "Ah. This." Both of them look at the ring. Mingyu with a smile and Wonwoo with a blank expression. "Who.. who gave that to you?" the older ask. Wonwoo starts to think of something suspicious.

 

"Me! I bought this yesterday." Mingyu grins.

 

"Oooh." Wonwoo nods and slowly forms a smile on his face. Nothing to worry about, Jeon Wonwoo.

 

"You know what, it's really special." Mingyu removes the ring on his hand, "Look!"

 

Wonwoo takes the ring and looks at it. He flips it and observes every detail of the ring. "What's special here? I can't see an-- woah." His eyes turn wide and he look again at Mingyu, "My name.. my name is written here." he stutters. Wonwoo can feel the butterflies on his stomach. Mingyu's ring has his name on it.

 

 

Mingyu gets the ring from Wonwoo and he wears it again. "Yes. And that's what makes it special." he grins. His heart starts to race when he looks again at Wonwoo smiling sweetly and his cheeks are turning pink. Beautiful.

 

 

"I put it here in my ring finger because you know what, we have a nerve here that is connected in our heart. So it means that you will always be here in my heart. Also, that's the reason why wedding rings are placed here." Mingyu explains. Wonwoo smiles abd hold Mingyu's hand while gently brushing his finger on the ring. His smiles turns into a pout. "I also want that! You didn't even had a thought of giving me one, so we both have it."

 

 

Mingyu laughs. "Of course, I didn't forget you!" He pulls out a ring from the pocket of his pants. "Give me your hand."

 

 

Wonwoo immediately give his left hand to Mingyu. The taller looks straight at his lovers eyes before stretching his lips in a grin. He states a vow while putting the ring on Wonwoo's finger.

 

 

"I, Kim Mingyu, take you, Jeon Wonwoo, to be mine forever, I do promise, before these papers, pen and phone as our witnesses," he chuckles, "to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

 

 

Wonwoo can't move his hand and body. His eyes are fixed on Mingyu. His heart flutters as Mingyu expressed a vow. It's weird to think that Mingyu had just said a wedding vow, tho they are not really having a wedding. But Wonwoo doesn't mind, for him, just like what every bride feels in her wedding day, today is the best day of his life. It may be a fake wedding, or just a casual exchange of vows, but the feelings and the love .. it's real. They are real.

 

 

Mingyu chuckles as he watched Wonwoo's expression. He is just smiling from ear to ear, not saying any word. He decided to snapped him back to reality. "Babe, are you okay? You're smiling.. just smilling." But Mingyu can't deny the fact that it was the best view he wants to see everyday.

 

 

"Give me your hand!" Wonwoo ordered. Mingyu willingly gave his hand. The dark haired boy, pulls out the ring from Mingyu's finger. "Let me do it too." Mingyu nods in agreement.

 

 

Jeon Wonwoo slowly put back the ring on Mingyu as he also states his vow, "I Jeon Wonwoo, take you, Kim Mingyu, to be my one and only love, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish always, until death do us part."

 

They both smile and look at each others eyes with so much love and affection. 

 

 

"I love you, Kim Mingyu."

 

 

"I love you, forever, Jeon Wonwoo."

 

 

Their intimate moment was interrupted by an excited applause on their side. They are both surprised to see Yeri seating and giggling on the opposite side of their table.

 

 

"OMG!! I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU, HUSBAND AND HUSBAND. GO KISS NOW!! PALLI!!" Yeri exclaimed excitedly. [a/n: omg this is so me XD]

 

 

Both males laugh on Yeri's excitement. As the young girl told them, Mingyu and Wonwoo shared a slow, passionate kiss. They immediately part away to avoid attention from the other students. They giggles and go back on their homeworks. Mingyu plugged again the earphones on his right ear. He put the other bud on Wonwoo's left ear. The older paused for a while and he can't help himself from smiling when he heard the song playing.

 

 

'Cause I don't wanna lose you now

I'm looking right at the other half of me

 

 

Wonwoo look at Mingyu who's already looking at him. He hold the taller's hand with his free hand.

 

 

The vacancy that set in my heart 

Is a space that now you own

 

 

Yeri gets the camera out of her bag and she starts to capture some moments of the two boys infront her.

 

 

Show me how to fight for now

And I tell you baby it was easy coming back into your arms

I figured it out

You were right here all along

 

 

Mingyu rests his head on Wonwoo's shoulder. He tightens the hold on the older's hand and he closed his eyes as he enjoys the music and cherished this moment with his other half.

 

 

It's like you're my mirror

My mirror's staring back at me ♡

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/n: Does it makes any sense? I don't know what I did there. Hahaha.

I hope you enjoyed it though. :) It was inspired by Mingyu's interview in Haru*Hana magazine. According to the trans I saw, Mingyu said that Wonwoo is like his reflection (cause they have different personality) but they can be close to each other. Yeah, Idunno if that's the correct exact trans. Hahaha. Anyways, I still used it as an inspiration, the reason for the song Mirrors in this chapter. :')

 

Btw. I didn't used the word 'husband' in their vows cause its kinda awkward for me. XD It's a fake wedding anyway, it doesn't matter. But I let Yeri use it. :) Thanks again for reading my story. Your comments and subscriptions means a lot to me! :) This story is about to end, please anticipate.

 

Ps. Prepare your hearts for some angst on the next chapter. :)