Final ♡

Lose You

"A world without you..

 

There's no such thing in the map I follow

 

That road that you travel on, I'll follow you through it

 

In the corner of this world, we could miraculously meet

 

Please believe in it and don't let it go..

 

..until forever"

 

 

 

 

3 months later..

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo enters the room and from the door he can see the yellow note sticked on the top of his desk. When he reached his seat, he pull off the note and reads what is written on the paper.

 

 

 

"Good morning, Wonwoo. Have a nice day! :)

 

Ps. Always smile beautiful, you complete my day ❤

 

-Mingyu"

 

 

 

Tears fall down on his cheek as he read the name on the lower part of the note.

 

 

"Mingyu." Wonwoo mumbles.

 

 

"Yes, Wonwoo?"

 

 

Wonwoo's heart jumps when he heard a familiar voice. When he turn around he saw Kim Mingyu standing behind him.

 

 

"It's the first time you say my name. And it is really lovely to hear." Mingyu smiles to him.

 

Wonwoo remembers it. This is the same exact moment where they had their first interaction. Mingyu's second day in their school. The time when Mingyu confessed to him. The dark haired boy burst out his tears. He clenched his fist and the note on his hand was crumpled. Then he managed to speak between his sob, "M-Mingyu..I-I.." Wonwoo steps a little closer to the taller, "I m-miss you.." then he continue to cry.

 

 

Mingyu is just standing infront of him. His smile turns into a frown, "Why are you crying? Did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry Wonwoo. I know that you're a straight guy.. but I really like-- oh, no.. I love you, Wonwoo."

 

 

The older of the two, cries louder. He lift his hands up to touch Mingyu's face, but it just pass through his cheek. Wonwoo hardly closed his hand and he lowered his head. It really hurts him. He can't touch, he can't hug, he can't kiss the man he truly loves. He put down his arms back to his side and he faces again the taller. "I love you too, Mingyu." His voice cracks because of too much crying, "I love you so much."

 

 

Mingyu walks closer to him. The taller touches his face. Wonwoo can feel it. Mingyu moves a little closer, now their faces are just inches away. Mingyu's hand slides down to the older's arms, and he utters, "Wonwoo.."

 

 

"Wonwoo.. Hey, Wonwoo wake up!" the dark haired boy felt a hand shaking his arms. Wonwoo opened his eyes and he saw Joy sitting beside him. "You're dreaming again.. and, you're crying." the girl said worrily. She extends her hands to wipe away the boy's tears. But Wonwoo move away her hands. 

 

 

"I'm fine." he gave the girl an intense gaze.

 

 

The boy sat up and he then realized that they are inside the cafeteria. Their class has ended. He was actually busy doing his homework when he suddenly felt sleepy so he took a nap. And with that short rest, he dreamt of Mingyu.. again. He always dream of his boyfriend. He always misses him. And everytime Wonwoo woke up from his dreams, his face is wet because of tears.

 

 

He spaced out for a while but he was snapped back when he saw a rose placed over his notes. Wonwoo furrowed his brows and he glance on the girl beside him. "What's this?" he points to the rose.

 

 

"A flower?" Joy chuckles.

 

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes and he pushed away the flower out of his sight. Joy frowns in his action. "I just want to see you smile. I know that Mingyu used to give you something like that. And I know how much you miss him so--"

 

 

"You are not Mingyu! So stop doing that!" Wonwoo said in a low voice but sounds annoyed. 

 

 

"I know but--"

 

 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Joy?! I don't need your symphaty or whatever. Anyone can do that but it's not the same! No one can replace Mingyu! Mingyu is all I need so please stop this!" Wonwoo gathered his things and he make his way out of the place. Joy was left on the table, feeling sorry for herself and also for Wonwoo. SHe knows how hard it is for him but Joy didn't expect Wonwoo to drop those words to her it is somehow hurtful too. She just really wants to help the boy and cheer him up. Joy followed Wonwoo with her gaze. The girl suddenly gasps when he saw the boy drop on the floor. "Wonwoooo!!" 

 

 

-----

 

 

"Jun, I know that you just came back from China. But, do you, by any chance, know if Wonwoo had consulted a doctor before?" Dr. Lee asked.

 

 

The Chinese boy slowly shook his head, "I don't think so. Maybe, he did.. but if I'm not mistaken, that was long ago. Why doctor? Is there something wrong with him?" Jun asked. 

 

 

"Well.. to be honest.. there's really something wrong with him." the doctor confirmed.

 

 

Jun felt his heart skip a beat after hearing what the doctor had said. He bites his lips. He starts to feel nervous but he hopes it's nothing serious.

 

 

"Jun, I am not really sure.. but base on the test we did to him, I believe that Wonwoo has already experiencing the symptoms. I suppose.. he's just ignoring it."

 

 

"Doctor, what's the result of his medical examination? What's wrong with Wonwoo?" Jun gulped.

 

 

The doctor get up from his seat and he sit across Jun. He leaned a little closer and he speaks in a very low concerned voice, "I'm sorry Junhui. But your friend.. he has a Leukemia. And.." Dr. Lee lowered his head "he has a low chance of survival."

 

 

-----

 

 

A white painted ceiling is the first thing Wonwoo see when he opens his eyes. He felt his body so weak. He can move his hands but just slowly. Wonwoo felt the cords and needles connected on his nose and hands. He can here a sound of a familiar machine not from afar. Then he heard a sob. He move his gaze on his side and found his bestfriend weeping while his head is buried on the side of the bed. Wonwoo starts to get confused. He roam his eyes around the room then he turn back to Jun.

 

 

"Yah! Hyung, why are you crying? I'm still alive.. I guess" he chuckles softly.

 

 

Jun was startled. He almost jump on his position when he heard Wonwoo spoke. He immediately wipes away his tears but didn't stop from falling.

 

 

"Hyung, what's happening? Am I going to die?" the dark haired boy asked innocently.

 

 

Jun didn't answer. He just can't help but cry.

 

 

"So.. is it a yes?" Wonwoo grins.

 

 

Jun look at Wonwoo in disbelief. "Yah! Are you happy? Are you out of your mind, Wonwoo? You're dying but you can still smile?" Jun stands up and step closer to face Wonwoo, tears still flowiing on his cheeks. "Wonwoo, you have a Leukemia! And the doctor said that you only have a limited time to live. But you know what? You still have a chance to live. You just need to fight! Wonwoo, please.. fight for your life. Please.. Wonwoo." The sound of Jun's sob fills the room.

 

 

Wonwoo gives his all force to move his hand and he reaches the older's hand. The dark haired boy slowly shook his head. His eyes starts to release some tears. "Hyung.. if I'm going to die.. then let it be. Besides, this is what I've been waiting for." Wonwoo makes a sad smile.

 

 

The older squeezed the other's hand. Jun cannot believe he's hearing it from Wonwoo. He looks away and he closed his eyes. Why is Wonwoo being like this? Doesn't he want to live? Does he really wants to leave me? Jun thought.

 

 

"Mingyu is my life. Hyung you know that." Jun's heart broke into million pieces. He looks again at Wonwoo. He wants to get mad at the younger. He wants to yell at him and tell him that life isn't about Mingyu anymore. He has to move on and worry about his own life. But he can't. Jun cannot hurt the other's feelings. He knows that no matter what he says, Wonwoo won't listen. Mingyu is his everything. Wonwoo loves Mingyu so much, even though the younger had already left him. 

 

 

And that's why Jun is really jealous on Mingyu. He's already gone but it's only him Wonwoo can see. Though he is with Jun, Wonwoo always talks about Mingyu. He always reminisce their happy moments. And it hurts Jun so much. Ever since Mingyu came into Wonwoo's life, hs felt so neglected. He knows that Wonwoo still treasures their friendship, but it's not the same anymore. The closeness they used to share is not the same anymore. 

 

 

All Jun wants is to see Wonwoo happy. That's all he really wants. So, though it hurts. Jun thought that it's time for him to accept that Wonwoo needs to be happy again. He thought that it's time for him to let him go.

 

 

Jun let go of Wonwoo's hand and he leans down to give the younger a hug. The chinese boy cried his heart out on Wonwoo's chest. Wonwoo move his hand again and slowly rub it on Jun's back. "I'm so excited to see Mingyu again. Finally, we're going to meet again." the dark haired boy smiles while caressing the back of the boy crying on his chest. "Thank you so much for everything, hyung. You will always be my best friend. My superman. I love you Jun hyung. Remember that."

 

 

----

 

 

Yeri enters the room with a cake and some balloons in her hands. Today is Mingyu and Wonwoo's 1st anniversary as couple. The dark haired boy told her that he wants to celebrate it even though Mingyu's not with them. 

 

 

The girl sneak inside and saw Wonwoo peacefully sleeping. She put the cake and the balloons on the table inside the room and he go back to Wonwoo. "Oppa! Happy Anniversary to you and Mingyu oppa." she said cheerfully but silently. Yeri sits on the edge of the bed. "You know what oppa, Mingyu oppa and you are the sweetest couple I've ever seen. You are indeed an example of #RelationshipGoals" she giggled. Then her cheerfulness turns down, "It's just sad because it has to end so soon." she lowers her head but immediately lift it up again. "Omo! What am I saying? Of course your love for each other will never end. Right, oppa? Okay. Talk to you later when you wake up. For now, have fun there in dreamland!" Yeri get up and she sits on the couch to read some magazine.

 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo opens his eyes and he found himself standing in the middle of a garden like place. Flowers in different colors are scattered everywhere. The sun shining down on him and the sky above is blue and clear. Wonwoo sniffed on the fresh air. It's been a while since he inhaled some fresh air. He smiles as he enjoys the things that surrounds him. Suddenly, a white butterfly came flying around him. He lift his hand up and the butterfly stays on it. Wonwoo looks af it with full of admiration. It's wings doesn't have any lines and curves, it's just plain white. But in spite of it's simplicity, Wonwoo found it so beautiful. Maybe, you can really appreciate the beauty of something when it is on it's simplest form. The butterfly suddenly flew away and in just a blink of an eye it's gone.

 

 

Wonwoo frowns. He then decided to take a walk around the garden. He let his hands feel and touches the plants on the garden. Wonwoo really enjoys this alone time of him. But his hands stops on moving when someone holds it. The dark haired boy's eyes turn wide. He hesitates to turn, scared to find out who's holding his hand. But the boy doesn't have to think about it anymore. He was pulled by the other in a hug. Wonwoo was surprised. The other's hold on him was so tight, a longing hug. It didn't took long when Wonwoo feels comfortable. He rest his head on the other's shoulder and he move his hand to hug him back.

 

 

"I missed you."

 

 

Wonwoo's heart flutters. He heard the other's voice and he just then realized who is he hugging. Tears start fo fall from his eyes. Wonwoo tighten his grip and he sobs on the other's shoulder.

 

 

"I miss you so much, Mingyu." Wonwoo cried. He let go from the hug and he faces the taller. He couldn't believe his eyes. Mingyu is smiling infront of him. He lift his hand up and tries to touch the other's face. Wonwoo starts to cry again. He can feel Mingyu's skin on his. And he lift his other hand to touch the other side just to make sure that it is real. And it really is. Mingyu is real. Without further ado, Wonwoo pressed his lips to Mingyu. Finally, after so long, their lips meet again. Mingyu and Wonwoo finally meet again.

 

 

They look on each other's eyes when they parted. Wonwoo grins from ear to ear. His heart is jumping for joy. It's only three months but it feels so long. He missed Mingyu so much. Wonwoo remove his gaze on Mingyu and he move his eyes around them. "So, is this the forever you're telling me?" he asked.

 

 

Mingyu nods. "I guess it is." he smiles. "Wanna stay here with me? Forever?"

 

 

The taller step back and he offers his hands to Wonwoo. The older look at him then on his hands. Wonwoo swallows and he takes a deep breath. He look behind him. Everything is just white. When he look again to Mingyu's direction, the garden is still there. It made him confused. He's having a second thought. But Wonwoo knows deep within his heart what he really wants. It's Mingyu.

 

 

Wonwoo took Mingyu's hand. "I want to be with you forever."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeri waited but she had never seen Wonwoo opens his eyes again. 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------

A/n: The quotation in the beginning is the english translation of L.U.V's lyrics. :)

Tbh, I'm not really sure what is this that I have done. TT I just want to write and express thoughts. Again, thank you so much. I really appreciate you guys. I wish you liked it even if it's tragic. And I hope you're not mad at me. OTL I will do some editings soon so don't be surprised if you received update alerts for this story. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN. ♡♡♡♡♡♡

 

Until next time! Godbless everyone.