Deal

Lose You

"Before I dismiss you class, I want you to know that I already checked your test papers." Mr. Yoon Jeonghan, the class adviser, announces as he packs up his things from the table. The class has resumed again. Vacation is finally over. It is the last year of Mingyu and Wonwoo in high school. Everyone is doing extra efforts on their studies. They need to have good but not neccessarily high grades. Their periodical exam was already done, they are just waiting for the results. The class is listening attentively to the professor. "And the results of your exams really surprise me." the bob-cut haired professor chuckled. The students furrow their brows as they got curious and nervous at the same time on Mr. Yoon's statement. What made him surprise? Commotions starts to fill the room so Mr. Yoon claps his arms to catch again the attention of the students.

 

 

"Listen class! It surprised me because most of you.. well, unbelievably, most of you got a high score on your exam!" Gasps, giggles and whispers are the response of the majority. Everyone is obviously surprised as well with the news. "But what surprise me the most is.." the students turn again their attention to the professor.

 

 

"A new name.. was listed on the top spot of the students ranking. Really surprising." the teacher nods happily.

 

 

Oh no.

 

 

"We all know that the student ranking for this class is very consistent. Barely changing. Right? Especially the top two students. It's always them. But for today, I guess, change is indeed the only constant thing in the world. And it's already happenning on your rankings." Mr. Yoon explains.

 

 

This can't be true.

 

 

"I would like to congratulate everyone for doing such a good job. Please keep it up! I hope that your chosen universities will accept you. Having a good grades is a good pass in a good university, remember that." the professor grins and the whole class celebrates, whistles and applauses everywhere as they show excitement for their so far yet so near graduation and also to know who is the newest top student of the class. That is really an achievement for whoever that student is.

 

 

It's a lie. Please, tell me. It's a lie.

 

 

"I will be announcing the rankings for this period, tomorrow. So everyone, better prepare yourselves.. cause who knows, you might be the chosen one." the professor laughs.

 

 

It is definitely not me.

 

 

Mr. Yoon leaves the room while the students continue to talk about the announcement. But there's one student in the class who is not happy with the news. The very consistent top one student but not anymoreJeon Wonwoo

 

 

"No." the black-haired guy muttered. He crumpled the paper on his desk and run his hand on his hair to express his frustration. Does the saying 'First time always hurts' can also be implied in this situation? Because for Wonwoo, it really hurts. For the first time in his highh school life, he losts the precious spot. The top spot of the class rankings. This is not true. It shouldn't be happenning. His thoughts was cut by the ring of the bell. It's lunch time. Wonwoo immediately picked up his bag and runs out of the room. He left his pen and the crumpled paper on his table.

 

 

Mingyu packed up his things and make his way to Wonwoo's desk. But the older was not there. Mingyu looks around the room but Wonwoo is nowhere. "He left already? Is he starving that he forgot to wait for me?" Mingyu pouts as he keeps the pen left on Wonwoo's desk. The tall guy is about to leave when..

 

 

"Mingyu!"

 

 

He turn to his side to acknowledge the person who called his name.

 

 

"Oh, hey Joy!"

 

 

The president of the class, Park Sooyoung or Joy as her classmates and friends call her, gave him a warm smile. She put the strand of her shoulder length hair behind her ears. The blush is very evident on her pinkish cheeks. Joy has a big crush on Kim Mingyu. Ever since the guy transferred on their campus, she was already captivated by his charms. Technically, she's admiring Mingyu for almost a year. Is this still called crush? She chewed her lips before she utters some words, "Mr. Yoon's announcement is really shocking, right?" Mingyu nodded and face the girl to show interest on their topic. Joy feels that her face is already burning red but she continue, "Finally, Jeon Wonwoo has been dethrowned!" she chuckled.

 

 

Mingyu narrows his eyes. He almost forgot, Wonwoo is the top student of the class. He starts to feel bad for his lover. Maybe he is really upset that's why he left without telling me. Mingyu frowns and he is snapped back again to reality when Joy says something again.

 

 

"So, who's on your mind? I mean.. who do you think made it to the top spot for this period? Any guess?" the girl asked and waiting patiently for Mingyu's answer. She really enjoy talking to Mingyu especially when the tall guy is showing interest on their conversation.

 

 

Mingyu pursed his lips, "Hmm.. if it's not Wonwoo.. then.. maybe.. it's you?" You are always on the second spot anyway. So I guess, it's you." he answered with a smile which flutters Joy so much. She can feel her heart starts to race. "You think so?" she managed to ask without being obvious about her emotions right now, "but I have a  feeling that it's you, Mingyu." she added.

 

 

"Me?" Mingyu laughs "Are you kidding? Of course not. That's impossible!"

 

 

"Why not? I noticed that you are also excelling. Perhaps, a good result of being in love." she moves her brows in up and down motion. Though, she's not really comfortable with it, Joy always tease Mingyu to Wonwoo. Her own way of making a good impression of herself to Mingyu.

 

 

Mingyu chuckles, "Oh c'mon! Stop making me blush. But seriously, it's definitely not me."

 

 

"Stop being humble, Kim! Nothing is impossible in this world. I believe that you can also make it to the top."

 

 

"Okay. But it's still you Joy! No doubt."

 

 

"No. It's you."

 

 

"You."

 

 

"You."

 

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes and they both laugh. "Okay. Let's stop this. Let's just have deal!" the girl suggested.

 

 

"What about the deal?" Mingyu asked.

 

 

"If I am really the top one for this school period, then you win. I will treat you a snack!" Joy explains excitedly.

 

 

"Sure! That was great!" Mingyu is confident that he will win.

 

 

"But if I win," Joy moves a little closer to Mingyu but still with Wonwoo's desk in between them, "you will date me, Kim Mingyu." she smirks.

 

 

"Woah. Wait.. what? Joy, you know that I can't do that. I have a boyfriend." Mingyu defended.

 

 

"But it's just a friendly date." Joy clarifies. "I know Wonwoo will understand."

 

 

"No. Let me just rephrase it. Okay? It's not going to be a date, I will just treat you okay. Just like your consequence! Play fair Ms. Park Sooyoung!" Mingyu laughs.

 

 

"Okay. Whatever you say."--It's still the same though. We will go out together.-- "But why are you bothered? Do you think I'm going to win? Does it mean you're already claiming your defeat Mr. Kim?" Joy teases the taller.

 

 

Mingyu scoffed, "Of course not. I'm just clearing things, okay." Joy nods while rolling her eyes. "I want some cheeseburger and fries tomorrow, please note that!"

 

 

Joy laughs, "Alright. Noted."

 

 

"Okay, I'll go ahead. Take your lunch too. See you on our next class! Bye." Mingyu reached for Joy's hair and he playfully ruffled it then he leaves the room to find Wonwoo.

 

 

"Joy, I heard that you helped Mr. Yoon in arranging the test papers." Sana, another girl from the class approached the class president. "So, does it mean, you already know who got the highest score? And probably the new rank one of the class because I heard he/she got a perfect score, right?" Joy looks at her with a big smile on her face.

 

 

"Yes, Sana. I know who he is.." then she gaze again at the door where Mingyu exited.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A short update for everyone. I'm sorry I need to cut it here. My idea for this situation is long, I don't want to post everything in just one chapter. Haha. Or maybe I'm just lazy? Idunno. My mind is occupied by Seventeen's fanmeeting that's why I can't focus well on my stories. :( I want to come to the fanmeet, but I think I can't TT Money is really hard to find. I guess, I'll just endure the pain. :((( Okay. Sorry for that. I hope you enjoyed this update. Thanks. ^^