Don't Give Up

Lose You

Mingyu found Wonwoo at the cafeteria, sitting alone beside the window. His gaze is focused on the view of the campus field outside the window. Mingyu silently took the seat beside his lover. He put down the tray of foods he bought for the both of them. They only have 30 minutes to have their lunch but Wonwoo is still not yet moving on his position. Mingyu decided to slowly put his hand on the older's shoulder but just before his hand landed, he immediately moves it away when he heard Wonwoo's voice.

 

 

"I don't want to eat." Even without looking, Wonwoo sensed Mingyu's presence beside him. Perhaps because of his familiar vanilla scent.

 

"Babe, you need to eat. You look pale this past few days. If you're sulking because of the ranking, please just forget it. It's not a big deal." Mingyu said in normal tone.

 

"Of course it is! It's a big deal, Mingyu! You are not in my shoes so you don't understand how important it is to me!" Mingyu was surprised when Wonwoo faced him. He is crying. "That's the only way for me to make my parents proud. They are working abroad just to support my needs. And all I need to do is to do good on my studies! What if they knew about this? What would be their thoughts? That I'm not serious and focused on my studies? Mingyu, ever since I stepped in here in high school, I never lost that spot! It's really a big deal for me!" Wonwoo cried.

 

 

Mingyu didn't expect this kind of reaction from Wonwoo. Studies must be really important for him, he thought. Mingyu swallowed and mumbled an apology. "I'm sorry. But you can get back again, Wonwoo. It's too early to mourn. It's just the first quarter of the year, you still have more time to get better. I'm sure your parents will understand. Wonwoo, life is not about everyday happiness. Sometimes you need to experience heartbreaks. Sometimes you need to fall in order for you to learn how to get back on your feet. To appreciate happiness more. I know you can do it again, Won. Just believe in yourself." Mingyu held Wonwoo's hands and occasionally wipes off the older's tears. He tried to cheer him up, but it looks like it's not working.

 

 

The dark haired boy looks away and chewed on his lips, "I already said this to Jun hyung before.. and I'll be saying it again," he pulls his hands away from Mingyu's hold, "I think I really can't balance my life well. I can't love and study at the same time." tears continue to flood on his face

 

 

Mingyu felt the pinch on his heart after hearing Wonwoo. His mouth agape and his brows furrowed. He pulls the older's shoulder to face him again. "What are you trying to say, Wonwoo? Are you breaking up with me?" Mingyu breathes heavily. He wants to yell but he don't want to make a scene. He can't believe it will lead them to this. He starts to feel nervous. 

 

 

"It's hard, Mingyu! It's really hard for me!" Wonwoo yells. All the students inside the cafeteria eyed on their direction. Mingyu was also shocked by the sudden rise of Wonwoo's voice. He looks around before pulling Wonwoo to hug him. He communicates his apology to the students through his eyes, also telling them to mind their own business. Then he goes back to Wonwoo who is still crying on his arms.

 

 

"Please don't say that! It's not hard, Wonwoo. I know you, you can do it. You survived on our few months last school year, remember? You managed to balance your time and concentration. You can do it again, I trust ypu. Wonwoo, you are an intelligent student. You can do it. It's just a challenge for you. Don't worry, I'm always here to help you!" Mingyu paused and pushed Wonwoo back so that they will face each other. "Just please don't say that! Please, babe, don't break up with me. We can lessen our cuddle time, just please don't leave me." He held again Wonwoo's hands. Mingyu is not aware that he is also already crying. "Please Wonwoo.. Don't break up with me." The taller begged. Wonwoo look staright at Mingyu's sweating eyes and then the dark haired boy starts to sob again. He moves closer and locked his arms around Mingyu.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Mingyu. I'm sorry." Wonwoo's voice are cracking because of sobbing. Mingyu gently rub his hand on his lovers back to calm him down. Wonwoo continued, "I'm sorry for saying that. I love you.. I am not breaking up with you. I'm sorry. I will not say that again." He paused for a while to catch some breath. "Thank you, Mingyu. Thanks for believing in me." 

 

Mingyu slowly nods his head. He closed his eyes and releases a sigh of relief. "I love you Wonwoo. Remember that I'm always here for you. Okay?" he plants a kiss on the older's head and Wonwoo nods as he reponse.

 

 

---------------------------------

 

 

The next day, Wonwoo and Mingyu go to school together hand in hand. They stopped on the hallway when they saw their classmates crowding outside their room. In the middle of the crowd, Mr. Yoon is standing, posting a paper on the wall. Wonwoo breathes deeply and he felt a gentle squeeze on his hand. This is it, he thought.

 

 

Mingyu raised his brows when their classmates look on their direction, looking particularly on Mingyu. Wonwoo also looks at Mingyu who is really confused with the looks on him. Wonwoo bites his lips and he lowered his head. Is it Mingyu who take over my spot? He then clear his thoughts then he looks again at Mingyu with a smile, "Let's go."

 

 

Both males widened their eyes as they scan the paper beside the doorway of their classroom. "Is.. this.. true?" Mingyu mumbled. Wonwoo's grip on Mingyu's hand became tighter as his mind asks the same question. Is this true?

 

 

"Mingyu, congratulations! I told you, it's you!" Joy taps Mingyu's shoulder excitedly. 

 

"Well, it's very unexpected. I.. I didn't.. I.." he chuckles, "I don't know. But, thanks Joy." he smiled.

 

"So I guess.. I'll see you later?" Joy asked. Mingyu grins and nods in defeat. Joy skips with joy as he enters the room and leaves the couple outside.

 

 

"Where are you two going?" Wonwoo asked when the girl disappears.

 

"Ah.. we're just.. ah.. we will just talk about the project.. we are groupmates." Mingyu said, very careful with his words. He don't want to tell Wonwoo that he will treat Joy some snacks. He is afraid it can cause misunderstanding. "You okay?" Mingyu immediately changed their topic.

 

Wonwoo nods and smiles weakly. Of course he is not okay. From being the rank 1, he now falls to the third spot. He is really not okay. "I'm good. Congrats to you. Let's get inside." Wonwoo turns around to go first. Mingyu frowns. Of course he knows that his lover is not okay, why did he even ask. [a/n: Wonu's right. Mingyu is really a pabo ._. Haha. Just kidding]

 

 

-------------------

 

 

"Congratulations Mr. Kim Mingyu and Ms. Park Sooyoung. Since you are the two top students, you will be the class representatives for the 3-day Senior Camp on Busan. It will be next week so prepare your things soon. This is going to be fun!" Mr. Yoon announces before leaving the room. 

 

 

Some students are jealous on the two. They also want to join the camp. But the most excited about the announcement is Joy. She is excited to spend three days with Mingyu on Busan, away from Wonwoo. But Mingyu, on the other hand, is not really excited nor interested.

 

 

"I don't want to go. I'm going to miss you." Mingyu pouts while clinging on Wonwoo's arm. They are now standing outside their room, ready to go home.

 

"Babe, you'll be away for only three days. Not too long." Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

 

"It's long. Just a second without you on my sight feels like forever. I don't really want to go." Mingyu insist.

 

Wonwoo blushed. It sounds like a joke but it feels so real and sincere. "Mingyu, we can do Facetime if you want. Sto--"

 

"Mingyu, let's go?" Wonwoo was interuppted by Joy who suddenly show up on their side. Mingyu stood straight removing his arms on Wonwoo. Wonwoo looks at Mingyu, "I'll go ahead."

 

"No. Come with us!" Mingyu told Wonwoo. The older of the two males noticed the expression on Joy's face when Mingyu invited Wonwoo to come. Wonwoo scoffed on the back of his mind.

 

"I'm tired, babe. I want to go home. Enjoy!" Wonwoo tiptoed a little to reach Mingyu's lips. After the peck, Wonwoo walks away.

 

 

Joy rolled her eyes on Wonwoo's action. She pulled Mingyu's arm to revert his attention to her. "Let's go?" Mingyu hesitates until he heard a familiar voice.

 

 

"Oppaaaaa!!!"

 

 

Mingyu turns around with a grin on his face. "Yeri! You're just on time!"

 

Joy furrowed her brows. She can't understand what Mingyu means and she doesn't know who's the girl running towards them.

 

 

"Oppa! Here's your box of donuts." Yeri gave the box on her hands to Mingyu. "And I would like to remind you that I'm you're cousin, not your servant." Yeri sounded so annoyed.

 

Mingyu chuckles and ruffles his cousin's hair, "Thanks Yeri. I love you, you know that." Yeri just rolled her eyes and fold her arms over her chest.

 

"Here, Joy! A dozen of donut for you. My treat since I lost in our deal." Mingyu smiled as he handed the box to Joy.

 

"What? You mean, we're not going out?" Joy asks with a shock on her face.

 

"Yeah. I'm sorry but I really have to go. Wonwoo's not feeling well. He needs me. Bye." 

 

"But--" 

 

"Let's go Yeri!" Mingyu yells while running away.

 

"Kim Mingyu!!" Joy shouts as she tries to get Mingyu's attention again. But he starts to disappear on their sight.

 

Yeri smirks, "By the way, I'm Kim Yerim. Enjoy your donuts, unnie! Those are my personal favorites. Byee!" She laughs as she run away following her cousin.

 

 

"Aaaaargh!! I hate you Jeon Wonwoo!!." Joy hissed and glared on the direction where Mingyu run away. Her grip on the box tightens. "I won't give up on you, Mingyu. You will be mine."