Don't Leave Me

Lose You

Broken pieces of glass and drops of blood filled the floor. Wonwoo stand up, both hands on his side, shaking.. not because of the cut on his finger.. but because of the news he heard. He gives a deadly glare to the students on the other table. He approaches them and grab the one who told the news on his collar.

 

 

"What did you say?!" Wonwoo's grip on the other's collar becomes tighter.  "Where's Mingyu?!?" he shouted on the pale face of the guy.

 

 

The boy stutters as he answers, " Wo.. Wo.. Wonwoo.. Mi.. Min.. Mingyu.. he.. i.. iss.."

 

 

"WHAAAT!?!"

 

 

All the students in the canteen are shocked as Wonwoo turns into a wild and strong individual, very different from his normal self, demure, silent and shy. Some girls get attracted as they find Wonwoo really hot in that attitude. But most of the students are really scared and worried as they watch the situation.

 

 

"Wonwoo.. p..plea.. please.. calm down! I.. will explain.. it.. to you.." Wonwoo let go of him but the anger, worry and sadness are still visible on his face.

 

 

"He got into an accident 3 days ago, Wonwoo. He is in Pledis hospital right now. My mom is a nurse there and she told me that Mingyu is still in comatose."

 

 

Tear rolls down on the right face of Wonwoo. In a split-second, he disappears. He run as fast as he can. He really wants to see Mingyu now.

 

 

 

"Jeon Wonwoo!" Jun calls Wonwoo's attention but the younger continues to run ignoring the people along his way. Before leaving, Jun gives an apology in behalf of his best friend. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I hope you could understand him. And by the way, thanks for the information. Again, sorry." Jun bows to them several times. The students nod as they understand what's happening. Jun followed Wonwoo. When he reached the younger, he takes him to the parking lot. Luckily, Jun brought his car today. He let Wonwoo gets in and they go to the hospital together.

 

 

When they reach the hospital, Wonwoo runs immediately to the nurse station to ask for Mingyu's room. They told him to go to room 406.

 

 

Wonwoo is now standing infront of a door with a narrow window. On the window, he can see the calm body of Mingyu resting with some apparatus connected on him. He moved forward to have a clearer view of the younger. Then tears start to flow on Wonwoo's eyes. It hurts Wonwoo watching Mingyu, the most annoying person he knows, now so weak and fighting for his life. 

 

 

Jun approaches his best friend and gives him a pat on his back.

 

 

"Hyung I should have followed you." Jun looks at Wonwoo. He don't understand what the younger means to say.

 

 

"You told me to follow what my heart is saying, right? You told me to stop pretending.  You told me not to be afraid. You told me to admit to myself that I'm already falling for him.... before its too late." Wonwoo's voice cracks as he starts sobbing. "Hyung, I've already realized that.." he tries to smile, "I realized that just before Mingyu had left."

 

 

Jun glances on Mingyu inside the room. He shook his head and look again on Wonwoo. "Yah! Wonwoo. He didn't left. He's right there!" he tries to convince his friend to make him feel better. But Wonwoo shook his head and continues to cry.

 

 

"Hyung," he finally turns his face to Jun, "I love Mingyu.. even before. Since the day he confessed his feelings, I knew.. I already knew that I'm feeling the same. But.. I'm scared, hyung. I'm scared to admit it to myself. I can't accept the fact that I'm inlove with him. Of all people... there are lots of girls in the campus hyung.. but.. but why am I falling for a guy.. for Mingyu. Hyung, it's really hard to accept it. Hyung.. I'm.. I'm gay." Wonwoo starts to cry harder. "Sorry hyung.." 

 

 

Jun rubs the back of Wonwoo, "Ssshh. Don't be sorry for being true to yourself.. I understand, Wonwoo. I will accept you as my best friend, whoever or whatever you are. I won't be disappointed to you and to your decisions. I trust you and I really love you, Wonwoo, as you." Wonwoo smiles but it doesn't stops him from crying.

 

 

"You know what, I hated myself for being gay. Because, I know to myself that I'm straight. But hyung.. I realized that it makes me happy. Mingyu... he always makes me happy. So I try to accept it. And now.. hyung, I accepted everything. I am all ready to face Mingyu. I'm ready to tell him that... I love him too. But hyung.. I guess it's too late. Hyung, I'm so late."

 

 

Jun hugs him and the younger continues to s on his shoulder. "You can tell him everything, Wonwoo. You're not late. Maybe, who knows, it's the perfect time. It's not yet the end, Wonwoo. Believe me, it's only the beginning for the both of you.." Jun gives the younger comfort while gently patting the back of his head.

 

 

Both of them stay in the hospital for two hours. Jun also brought Wonwoo to the nurse station to cure the cuts on his finger. Wonwoo doesn't want to leave, he wants to stay until the younger wake up. But Jun wants his friend to have some rest. He took Wonwoo home despite of the younger's protest. He just promised that they will visit again Mingyu tomorrow.

 

 

---

 

 

Jun was awakened by his phone ringing. He gets it from the table beside his bed and his eyes widen when he saw the notification with 10 missed calls and 3 messages from Wonwoo.

 

 

"Argh! What's with him? So early.." Jun said with his sweet morning voice. Then he remembers what happened yesterday. Wonwoo was crying so hard because Mingyu is in comatose. Jun takes a deep breath as he remember everything. He felt really bad for his best friend. Today is Saturday, they don't have class. Jun usually rise up around 10 in the morning. And it's only, 6:30 am. His phone rings again with a new message from Wonwoo. He opens his inbox and starts reading the messages.

 

 

From: Robin    6:15 am

Hyung! I forgot to bring my Ipod. /pouts/

Can you please get it in our house and bring it when you come here?

Pleaaaase? /makes an aegyo/

Thanks =)

 

 

"He's in the hospital already?" Just right after he read the first message, his phone rings again with another message. Jun continue reading.

 

 

From: Robin    6:20 am

Hyung!! Wake up!!! Pick-up the phoooonnneee!!!

 

 

From: Robin  6:22 am

Hyung! I'm so bored. Please come here. Now!

Mingyu is still dreaming :(

 

 

From: Robin  6:23 am

I miss Mingyu T___T

 

 

From: Robin  6:27 am

Btw. Mrs. Kim is here earlier.

She let me stay and then she left for work.

It's just the two of us here hyung *0*

 

 

From: Robin   6:31 am

HYUNG!! TALK TO ME!!

 

 

Jun laughs at Wonwoo's messages. "So cute.." a smile curves on his lips. He feels that his friend is really excited to be with Mingyu. Jun waited for some minutes before he replies.

 

 

To: Robin   6:36 am

You're crazy! XD

 

 

From: Robin   6:36 am

Aw! Thanks hyung.

You are really the sweetest -.-

 

 

To: Robin   6:37 am

Hey! I thought you're the side kick here.

Why are you giving me commands, huh?

I'm the boss! *insert punch emoji here*

 

HAHA. Just kidding! :)

Wait for me. I'll be there in 30 minutes.

 

 

Jun get up from his bed and takes a shower before going to the hospital.

 

-

 

Wonwoo smiles on Jun's reply. He really can count on his best friend anytime.

 

 

To: Superman   6:38 am

Thanks hyung! You're the best! <3

 

 

"Jun hyung is coming here, Mingyu. It's okay to you, right?" Wonwoo looks at Mingyu. He traces Mingyu's face with his finger. "How can you be so beautiful while sleeping?" Wonwoo smiles. He feels his heart starts to beat fast again, just like the first time.Wonwoo takes a seat beside the bed. He gets the hand of the younger and place it on his lips. He talks to him even though he knows that Mingyu can't hear him.

 

 

"I miss you, Mingyu. I missed how you annoy me every morning." Wonwoo laughs a little, "I want to tell you something. I want you to know everything. I want to return to you all the attention and love you gave me. Please Mingyu, give me a chance to do it. I want to show you how much.. how much I care for you." he caressed the face of the younger. "You know what, I have this three words I am dying to tell you. Wanna hear it? Then wake up, Kim Mingyu. This is not the right time for me to say it. I will say it to you for the first time so I want you to hear it. Mingyu.. I realized how my life is so different without you.." his tears start to fall again, "Please, continue to fight. We need you. You're mom really needs you, Mingyu.. I need you.. please.. Kim Mingyu.. don't.. don't leave me." he kissed Mingyu's hand again, " I will wait for you, just like how you waited for me."

 

 

Wonwoo wipes his tears. It's too early to have a drama. Jun came after a few minutes. They stay in the hospital until Mrs. Kim come back from work.

 

 

Wonwoo wants to be with Mingyu's side everyday. So, as a loving and understanding best friend, Jun always come with him. They visited Mingyu almost everyday. After their classes, they will go to the hospital before going home. Sometimes, Jun will play some musics to lessen the silence and brighten up the mood in the room. On the other hand, Wonwoo is always busy writing his messages for Mingyu in a stick notes, just like what the younger used to do. It's been almost a week but Mingyu is still in coma. Everytime Wonwoo visits him, the older will leave a message and put it on the walls. Wonwoo almost filled the room with his colorful sticky notes.

 

 

It's Saturday again. It's the 17th day since Mingyu was admitted at the hospital. Wonwoo is on the table beside Mingyu's bed, writing his 96th message for the younger.

 

 

"I watched Transformers yesterday.

You know what, I really like that movie.

Have you watched it already?

Hm. When you wake up. Let's watch it again together =)"

 

 

Wonwoo put it on the wall. After that, he goes back to his seat. He holds Mingyu's hand and tries to have a nap on Mingyu's bed. Just before Wonwoo finally falls asleep, he felt Mingyu's hand..

 

 

 

 

moves.

 

 

 

 

He rise up and face the younger. Wonwoo can feel the shock and excitement on his chest.

 

 

"Mingyu."