Forever

Lose You

Wonwoo is on his way to the bus stop. He is walking along the roadside enjoying the view of the cherry blossoms blooming almost everywhere. But some thoughts are occupying is mind. Spring season is already here. Also, their graduation day is almost near. Wonwoo is exerting extra effort on his studies. He wants to achieve his dream, finishing studies with flying colors. But, of course, he can't let Mingyu go behind his priorities. He always make sure that he will still have quality time with his boyfriend. Mingyu and Wonwoo are dating for a month already. And as time goes by, their love for each other are getting stronger.

 

 

He is now waiting for a bus and it seems longer than the usual. Wonwoo is getting bored but not anymore when something catches his attention. On the other side of the road, he saw an unfamiliar car and inside he can clearly see a familiar smile. That was the smile that never failed to make his heart skip a beat. Though afar, it is very obvious that the man inside the car is also looking at him with a grin on his face showing those canine teeth of him. Wonwoo felt his face heat up as he moved a little forward and he locked his eyes on the other. And just like on movies, everything seems to move in slow motion. Both of them didn't realized that they are stuck in the moment. Mingyu still managed to drive his car though his full attention is on Wonwoo and Wonwoo on the other hand didn't seem to worry. But not until the older heard a crashing sound. He turn is attention on the other side of the road and his eyes turn wide when he saw a car that looks like loosing it's break approaching Mingyu's direction. And a seconds later, he Wonwoo heard a loud explosion. His knees gets weak. He tried to scream but no words came out from his mouth. Tears starts to fall down on his face. He tried to move, but everything seemed to stop...and everything went black.

 

 

Wonwoo woke up with his face so wet because of tears. Even his arms where he rested his head is also wet. He found himself seating in the middle of the cafeteria. His body is still shaking because of fear. Then, a name came out from his mouth.

 

 

"Mingyu."

 

 

Someone grab his arm and when he turns on his side, he starts to cry again. 

 

 

"Mingyu!" he hugs the younger and he continue to sob, "I thought you left me. Please don't leave me. Not again, Mingyu. I.. I don't want to lose you again. Don't leave me Mingyu.. please.. Don't leave me." Mingyu hugged him tighter. He tried to comfort the older by gently patting the back of his head. "Sssh. I'm here. I'm here, Wonwoo.. I won't leave you. Stop crying. Promise, I will always stay by your side. Ssssh. Stop crying."

 

 

Wonwoo can't breathe well because of sobbing. Mingyu reached for the bottled water on their table and he gave it to Wonwoo. He let the older drink to make him feel better. When Wonwoo finally calmed down, Mingyu wipes his tears and then he starts asking. "Babe, tell me what happened?" Mingyu is really worried. He look on Wonwoo's eyes with his hands still on the older's face. 

 

 

"I..I saw you.. You were in a car. And me.. I.. I'm waiting in the bus stop.. You saw me, then you looked at me. Mingyu.. you are driving but you didn't pay attention on the road." Wonwoo starts to cry again. He holds Mingyu's arms and he tightens his grip as he continue, "Mingyu.. you should've focus on the road. You shouldn't look at me. Mingyu.. a car collided on yours.. Yo..you're car exploded.." Wonwoo continues to sob, "Mingyu.. you don't know how hard it is for me.. Mingyu.. I.. I don't want to lose you again.." Wonwoo gives a weak punches on Mingyu's chest, "Mingyu I'm so scareeed.. You should've been more careful.. I'm so scared.. I'm scared that I might lose you again.. Mingyu.."

 

 

Mingyu pulls him closer and he lock his arms around Wonwoo. "Wonwoo.. that was just a dream.. okaay?" he take a deep breath, "Ssshh. It's just a dream.. Promise, I won't leave you. That will not happen again, Wonwoo. I promise." And then Wonwoo starts to wrap his arms around Mingyu.

 

 

After some minutes, Wonwoo has finally calmed down, for real. He rest his head on Mingyu's shoulder and their hands are interlocked with each other. Both of them are not speaking, just enjoying the comfortable silence between them. Later on, Wonwoo decided to speak.

 

 

"We don't know what awaits for us in the end", he said while looking on nothing specific. Mingyu turn his gaze down to Wonwoo's serious face. Wonwoo takes a deep breath, "You know what? I don't believe in forever." He looks up at Mingyu, who's also looking at him, "does that thing really exist?" but Mingyu just stare at him, still full of worry. Wonwoo rest his head again on Mingyu's shoulder, "What I just really know is that.. eventually.. we will still lose each other.. no matter what." Mingyu tightens his hold on Wonwoo's hand after hearing those words. Wonwoo caressed Mingyu's arm with his free hand. "So as long as you are here with me..as long as we are together, we will cherish every moment. I will make the most of each moment with you, Mingyu." He looks at Mingyu again then his lips forms a sad smile, "I'm gonna love you babe, like I'm gonna lose you."

 

 

Wonwoo's face suddenly crumpled as Mingyu pinches his cheeks while laughing. Wonwoo glared at him, "Yah!"

 

 

"Are you tryin to sing a song babe?" Mingyu chuckles and Wonwoo pouts. Mingyu finds Wonwoo really adorable when becoming serious about their relationship. He let go of the older's hand and he pulls him closer. "Well, Jeon Wonwoo let me answer your question earlier." Mingyu tilts his head until it touches on the other, "Yes, there is a forever. And I'll make you believe that there really is." He then put his hands on Wonwoo's shoulders to make the older face him. " And no..we won't lose each other." he caressed the older's face and they look on each other's eyes. "I won't let that happen." And for the first time after his nightmare, Wonwoo finally stretched his lips to smile. Mingyu leans closer and he gave Wonwoo a short sweet kiss which Wonwoo immediately gave back. When they parted, Mingyu hugs him warmly that makes Wonwoo chuckles.

 

 

Their lovey dovey was interrupted when Jun suddenly approached them. He put down his food tray on their table and he joined the two. "What's with you guys? You really like PDA huh?" Jun raised his eyebrows then suddenly become worried when he looked at Wonwoo. "Hey. What happened? Your eyes are swelling. Did you cry?"

 

 

"No hyung. Maybe, it's just because I stayed up all night for a straight week, that's why." Wonwoo lied. But obviously, Jun was not convinced. The older extended his arm to reach Wonwoo's hand, "Are you sure?" and Wonwoo just nod.

 

 

Mingyu is looking at Jun's hand still on Wonwoo's. He wants to pull it away but he stop himself from feeling jealous to Jun. But when he looks at Jun's eyes still locked on Wonwoo, he noticed that there's something more aside from worry. And that won't help Mingyu to stop himself from hating Jun.

 

 

---------

 

 

"Babe, what do you think? Blue or white?" Wonwoo is standing infront of a large mirror with two shirts on his hand. They are in the men's section of a department store right now. Wonwoo can't decde which one to buy so he's asking for Mingyu's opinion but he got no response. He looks at Mingyu at the mirror. The younger is sitting beside him seemed to be getting drown from his deep thoughts. Wonwoo turns around to save him. "Mingyu, are you with me?"

 

 

Then finally, Mingyu gets back to reality. "Huh? Ah.. the white shirt babe. It looks good to you." he smiles. Wonwoo pouts and sits beside the younger. He placed the shirts he's holding on his lap and he put his hand on Mingyu's, "Babe, are you okay?"

 

 

"Yes" Mingyu nodded and he lowered his head. Wonwoo gets more worried with his action. " Are you sure?" the older asked. Mingyu held his head up again and he faced Wonwoo, "I think.. Jun hyung likes you.."

 

 

"He loves me." Wonwoo corrected him.

 

 

"What?" Mingyu was suprised by his answer and he let go of the older's hand.

 

 

Wonwoo releases a small laugh, "Babe, relax. He loves me and I love him too.. as best friend. We treat each other like a family.. like brothers. You know that. There's no romantic connection between us." He reached for Mingyu's hand again, "What made you think like that?"

 

 

Mingyu lowered down his head again and shook it, " It's just.. ahm, the way he looks at you.." he looks at Wonwoo again, "I think.. ah, no.. I feel that there's something more.. you are not just a brother to him." Mingyu pouts that makes Wonwoo laugh again. He gently rubs Mingyu's knuckles and he caressed the younger's face with his free hand," Don't think too much babe. I know Jun hyung. He's a straight guy. And as far as I know, he's actually head over heels to Taylor Swift." Wonwoo chuckles and Mingyu just smile. Mingyu still doesn't feel relieved. He trusts Wonwoo, but not Jun, that much.

 

 

"Sir, are you going to get those shirts?" the sales lady asks Wonwoo.

 

 

"Ah, yes. I'll get two of this white shirt. Thanks." Wonwoo said and Mingyu looks at him with confusion on his face. " You're getting two for yourself. Why? You like it so much?"

 

 

"Nope."

 

 

"Here sir. Thank you for shopping." Wonwoo stand up and bows to the lady. He gets one of the shirts on the bag. "Take this." he gave it to Mingyu and Mingyu can't help himself from smiling, though he's not yet sure why. Wonwoo smiles shyly with blush on his face. "Let's wear this together. Like a couple shirt."

 

 

Mingyu also blushed. He gets the shirt from Wonwoo and holds the others hands. "Sure", he smiles. Mingyu put his two fingers on his lips then he placed it on Wonwoo's soft red lips. Just like transferring a finger kiss.

 

 

"That's it?" Wonwoo moved his eyebrows up, not satisfied with Mingyu's action.

 

 

"Why?" Mingyu chuckles,"Babe, we are in a public place. And I didn't want the other shoppers to freak out when they saw two men kissing in public." Wonwoo pouts, "Aren't you proud that I'm your boyfriend?" Mingyu laughed again and he caressed Wonwoo's face, "I am proud. I'm so proud that you are mine. I'm just protecting you babe. I don't want you to feel bad or something when you hear something bad from others. And I also don't wan't to hear the others saying something bad or uncomfortable to you, to us. I just don't want them to affect and criticize our relationship."

 

 

Wonwoo laughs and it suprises the younger, " I understand babe. Let's go!" and he pulls the taller to start a walk. Mingyu grins and he followed him. He tightens his hold on Wonwoo's hand like he don't want it to let go. "Thanks for the shirt." and Wonwoo just smile without looking at Mingyu.

 

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo went to a burger joint wearing the couple shirt Wonwoo bought earlier. They both ordered a cheeseburger with fries and cola. They seated beside each other. They talked about everything under the sun, except for their lessons and anything related to school. Today is Saturday, and they wanted to enjoy their break from schoolworks.

 

 

"Babe, I'm just going to the washroom" Wonwoo stands up and make his way to the washroom. Just some moments after he left, his phone, that he left on their table, vibrates and light up. Mingyu gets it and he checks the notification.

 

 

"Superman?" Mingyu mumbled. He looks at the direction of the washroom and looked down again on the phone, "Who's this?"

 

----

 

Wonwoo enters the washroom. When he's about to open the faucet, he felt something on his chest. He starts to feel anxious. Then later on, Wonwoo suddenly throw up. It confused him. He can't remember he ate something bad. But his eyes widen and his hands start to shake when he saw a blood on his spew. He immediately clean up and flushed away the spew on the sink. He looked at his reflection and he prevents his tears from falling. He don't understand what's happening. Wonwoo takes a deep breath and tried to keep himself calm. Don't be scared Wonwoo. Everything will be alright. he thought but he's not really sure if everything' alright. He bites his lips and he closed his eyes. He rest his hand on the sink and he stays like that for a while.

 

----

 

Mingyu saw Wonwoo coming out of the washroom. He already put back the phone on the table. Though he is really curious, he didn't opened the message. He will just wait for Wonwoo's explanation. Then Wonwoo reached their table.

 

 

"Are you okay? You look bothered?" Mingyu asked as Wonwoo takes a seat. The older looked at him with his eyebrows up. "Me? Nope." he shook his head, "Kim Mingyu, you're the one who looks bothered. Why?" Wonwoo asked.

 

 

"Me? No. Of course not." Mingyu laughs awkwardly. "By the way, someone texted you."

 

 

"Oh." Wonwoo grabs his phone and then his lips forms a smile as he reads the message. And it really bothers Kim Mingyu. The younger makes a fake cough. "Hm. You didn't tell you're friends with the man of steel." Mingyu pouts looking at Wonwoo. He tried not to sound jealous or something similar to that.

 

 

"Ah, yep. Actually, we're  best friends." Wonwoo winks that made Mingyu more teased. "Seriously?" the younger asked with irritation on his voice.

 

 

Wonwoo laughs, "Yah! Kim Mingyu, are you jealous?" Mingyu just rolled his eyes, "Don't be, okay? It's just Junhui. I call hyung Superman. You know, he's my super best friend." Wonwoo moves his eyebrows in a up and down motion with grin on his face. And Mingyu is now totally pissed off after hearing the other's name, "So you are Lois Lane? Huh? Jeon Wonwoo?"

 

 

"What?" Wonwoo laughed again, and it's not really helping Mingyu. He's getting irritated. "No. I'm not! Are you kidding me?" Wonwoo rolled his eyes and he finally calmed down from laughing. "I am Robin. He's side kick." he assured the taller.

 

 

Mingyu laughs which suprises Wonwoo, "Oh, Robin has changed his job. He's not Batman's side kick anymore? Omg. I wasn't informed." Mingyu shook his head.

 

 

Wonwoo grins and hit Mingyu on his arm, "Duh? Of course not. It's just us, okay? Our term of endearment. Oh, not actually endearment. Ahm..our phone names. And Jun hyung doesn't like Batman, anyway" he chuckled, "And I'm sure, Robin won't leave Batman's side.. ever. That won't happen. Okay, my idiot?" and he laughs again.

 

 

Mingyu takes Wonwoo's hand and gives him a serious look, " then, let me be your Batman.. can I?" he smiles and Wonwoo blushed, "don't leave me.. always stay by my side, Robin."

 

 

"Sure."

 

 

But Wonwoo's expression suddenly changes. He remembered what happened to him inside the washroom. He felt worried again. He holds Mingyu's hand more tighter. "I won't leave you, Mingyu. I will stay by your side.. forever." Wonwoo forced himself to smile sweetly.

 

 

"Oh, so now you already believes in forever." Mingyu said and Wonwoo just smile.

 

 

The older pulls Mingyu for a hug. He closed his eyes and he really can't stop himself from worrying. What's happening to me? he thought. And his embrace to the younger becomes tighter.

 

 

"I love you, Kim Mingyu.

 

 

Mingyu hugged him back, "I love you too."