Stalker or Admirer?

Lose You

Wonwoo is sitting at the park for almost two hours already. He looked at his wristwatch for several times and had counted every car that passed by in front but the one he had been waiting was still not yet arriving. It's two o'clock and the sunlight that touches his skin really hurts. Also, his sweat flows to his face from time to time. He wants to leave the place but this is a very special day for him. This day has been planned a long time ago, he had waited for it. He stay and continue to wait.

 

Wonwoo look up with his eyes close and he release a loud sigh. As he open his eyes, his eyebrows curled when he saw a bottled water in front of his sight.

 

"You are sweating for almost two hours. Take it. You might get dehydrated. Drink this to regain the water your body released." said by the voice from Wonwoo's back. Wonwoo stand immediately because of surprise. But he was more surprised when he saw Kim Mingyu standing behind him with a bottled water in his hand.

 

"You shocked me, Mingyu!" Wonwoo said with his hands on his chest. He get back from his seat and Mingyu seated beside him. "Sorry." the younger said with a sweet smile on his face. Mingyu's eyes sparks as he stare to the guy right beside him.

 

Mingyu extends his hand to gave the water to Wonwoo and Wonwoo take it.

 

"Thanks."

 

Wonwoo open the bottle and give himself a refreshment as he finish half of the water. While closing the bottle, Wonwoo stop and give Mingyu a confused look.

 

"Wait.. What are you doing here? And how did you know that I'm here for two hours already?!" Wonwoo paused. He continues as he realize something. "OMG! KIM MINGYU! Are you stalking me? AGAIN? Aish. When will you stop?! Mingyu you're scaring me!" he said with an irritated tone.

 

Mingyu was shocked by the sudden interrogation. He open his mouth, but no words come out. Until he had constructed his thoughts, he started talking.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. And let me rephrase that, I'm not stalking you Jeon Wonwoo, I'm just.. I just want to look after you every minute, every second, as much as I can. As much as possible, I want to take care of you." The sincerty is present in Mingyu's voice but Wonwoo just rolled his eyes.

 

"Mingyu, you don't have to!"

 

"But I want to, Wonwoo. I love you. And I won't stop and get tired of showing you that I love you." Mingyu gets Wonwoo's hand. "I will always remind you about my feelings, so if the time came, the time that you are ready, I'm still here. It will be all worth it." Sadness suddenly fills Mingyu's face.

 

Wonwoo take back his hand and put it on his hair. He rolled his eyes and look on the other direction to avoid the other's stare. And there he saw a familiar person.

 

"Jun hyung!" Wonwoo shouted while waving his hand excitedly for the guy to look at their direction.

 

Mingyu can also recognize the guy approaching them. Of course, who else couldn't notice the popular senior guy in Mansae University. The best friend of the love of his life. The cool, tall and handsome Chinese guy, Wen Jun Hui.

 

Jun was about to give his explanation but Mingyu interrupts him.

 

"Wonwoo waited for you for almost two hours. Did you know how much heat of sunlight burns his skin? Oh, and did you know that sunlight during this time of the day is very harmful? What kind of be.." But before Mingyu loses his temper, Wonwoo stopped him from confronting Jun.

 

"Mingyu, would you please shut up!" Wonwoo shouted that makes Mingyu freeze in his position. Jun can't help but laugh in the situation. He look at Wonwoo.

 

"Wonwoo, you are so lucky to have this lover boy in your life. When will you realize that?" Jun smiles but Wonwoo hit his arms as a response. Mingyu on the other hand stare at Wonwoo with the same question on his mind. When Wonwoo? When?

 

"Mingyu.." Mingyu return his look to Jun as the older say his name. "I'm so sorry. It is not my intention to make Wonwoo wait for me. It's just that our taekwando training was delayed so it ended so late. I'm so sorry." Jun move his eyes to Wonwoo. "Wonwoo? Will you forgive me?"

 

"Of course hyung, I understand" The two friends smile to each other.

 

Mingyu realized that he overreacted. And also, he realized how special Wonwoo and Jun's relationship is. Wonwoo doesn't care how long he waited. He trust Jun so much. He know that the older will come so he didn't left the place no matter what.

 

"I'm going" Jun and Wonwoo looked at Mingyu. "Please take care of him.. hyung" he added. Jun respond with a nod. Mingyu gives a 90 degree bow as a sign of respect to the older before he left the two.

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes with Mingyu's last words but gives a glance to the guy as he leave.

 

"You like him."

 

Wonwoo's eyes widen with Jun's statement.

 

"No. I don't!" the younger protested,

 

"Hahaha. Wonwoo, you can't lie to me! Not me. We've been friends for 5 years already so I can really tell what is truth and what is lie."

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes for the nth time for this day, "Whatever hyung!"

 

"So tell me, is he a stalker or an admirer?" Jun asked while still looking at Mingyu who's already fading form their sight.

 

"Admirer."

 

"Aw! I told you, you like him."

 

"Whaat?! I didn't say that!"

 

"But you said he's an admirer. And as far as I remember, you told me about the difference of a stalker and an admirer.." Wonwoo starts recalling what his friends is actually saying.

 

Jun continues, "If the person is good-looking, he is considered as an admirer. And if the person is NOT.. I'll give emphasize to that word," both boys laugh with the idea "if he's NOT good-looking, then he is a stalker, right?" Wonwoo nods. "And awhile ago, you told me that Mingyu is an admirer. Therefore, Jeon Wonwoo, you find Mingyu quite good-looking. You like him dude!" Jun covers Wonwoo's mouth just before the younger say a word.

 

"And if I'm not mistaken, you don't appreciate someone's visual unless you like them." Jun gives Wonwoo an annoying smile and let go of his mouth, "So, Mingyu's cute, right?"

 

"NO!"

 

Jun looks at Wonwoo as if waiting for another response.

 

"Aish! Yeah. Maybe he's really good-looking but hyung, I'm still more handsome than him!"

 

Jun gives Wonwoo a satisfied smile and put his arms around the younger's shoulder. "I got it! But please remember, I'm the most handsome here." Wonwoo hit Jun's stomach with his elbow.

 

" Hyung, we are supposed to celebrate our 5th anniversary as best friends. So can we please stop talking about other people?" Wonwoo pulls Jun's arm to tell the older to start walking.

 

Jun pulled back Wonwoo to face him and he put his hands on Wonwoo's shoulders.

 

"Okay. But I just want to give you, a friendly advice. Stop pretending. I know you like hiim. Mingyu has been wooing you for almost 6 months. I can see the sincerity his eyes and actions. And I strongly believe that you had already fallen for him. Don't be afraid Wonwoo. Follow what your heart is saying, before it's too late."

 

Wonwoo looks straight to Jun's eyes. He realized how lucky he was to have Jun as his best friend. The older is always there to protect, guide and love him. He couldn't ask for more. Jun by his side is more than enough.

 

"Let's go, hyung."