Part 9: Parting and Peace

Uni. Oneshot Series

It has been a few weeks since that day. The weather has gotten colder and Jaehwa has become much more distant. Taekwoon only hopes Jaehwa knows what she is doing when she called him to meet up at the local cafe. It has been weeks since their last date and Taekwoon knows what this distance has been leading up to. Deep down he wishes it wasn’t true.

 

“Taekwoon.” Jaehwa starts out, hesitating to say anymore.

 

Taekwoon knows Jaehwa doesn't want to hurt him anymore than she has but, he would rather end this before it becomes too much to bare. He leaned forward, staring into her eyes, “Jaehwa, it’s alright. I understand.”

 

“But-”

 

Taekwoon shook his head, “We should’ve ended this awhile back. I know the feelings you held for me have faded.”

 

Jaehwa still looked worried, “Taekwoon, you were a wonderful boyfriend. I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t apologize. It’ll only make this harder.”

 

“Can we still be friends?” Jaehwa asked quietly.

 

Taekwoon forced a smile to grace his lips despite the pain in his heart, “Sure.”

 


 

Taekwoon entered the dance room, surprised to find it empty. Just as he was about to leave a voice spoke up.

 

“Taekwoon.”

 

Taekwoon turned to see Sanghyuk standing there, he had forgotten she was a dance student. She studied his face, “Is something wrong? You look like you're about to cry?”

 

Taekwoon turned his face away, “Where is Hakyeon?”

 

“Oh. She went on a date with Hongbin today. I always thought they would be good together.”

 

This was the first time Taekwoon heard of this. Hongbin was his roommate but he never knew he was pining after his long time friend.

 

Taekwoon smiled, at least something good happened. He looked back at Sanghyuk, “Do you want to go grab a coffee or something?”

 

The younger looked surprised for a moment before nodding excitedly, “Sure! Just let me go grab my stuff.”

 

Taekwoon smiled as he watched her run off. Maybe it won’t be so bad after all.

 


 

I had planned for this part to be longer but when I wrote it out it became short. Also that scene last part with Wonshik and Taekwoon wasn't planned. Orignally it was supposed to be just the Jaehwa and Hakyeon scene only, while Taekwoon just sits all worried (off screen of course.) But then I thought it would be more intresting to include a scene like that. I guess the final pairings have been revealed now. I hope you all have enjoyed it so far!

 

Thank to everyone who reads, comments, and subscribes!

 

Comments mean so much so don’t be shy to leave a comment whenever. (Even if it’s been a few weeks or months I'll still read it.)

 

Next is Part 10: Winter Confession

 

Look forward to it!