Special: Before The Reunion (Wonshik's POV)

Uni. Oneshot Series

 

Gazing up at bright blue sky overhead, Wonshik let out an relaxing sigh. It had been a year since he had last seen Jaehwa. He knew she was going to be busy with her studies, but he at least thought she would call him occasionally.

 

Biting his lip, Wonshik fiddled with the phone in his hand. He wondered if he should call Jaehwa and tell her the good news or just surprise her when he got there.

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Wonshik put away his phone. Checking his phone constantly had become a habit throughout the long year. Even if they were miles apart and couldn’t see each other face to face, he at least thought Jaehwa would be calling him almost every week. And he waited months for the day he would hear Jaehwa’s sweet voice again.

 

But as the months flew by, his heart grew heavy with worry that she had forgotten him and that she had abandoned him for another. He had promised himself on the day she left that he would follow her to Seoul and confess all his feelings to her. But what if he was too late? What if Jaehwa had finally given her heart and first kiss to another? What will he do then? Will he stand by his old friend’s side or….

 

Wonshik shook his head to clear away the negative thoughts. No, he would do anything to protect Jaehwa’s smile, even if she loved another, he couldn’t take away her own happiness from her.

 

Besides, today is finally the day when he’ll be able to see Jaehwa again. His heart fluttered in his chest as he thought about how he would reunite with her. How he would hug her as tightly as he can and confess his feelings to her, how she might grip tighter onto his shirt as he kissed her with the utmost passion that he held for the older.

 

He was in a daze that he didn’t realize his plane number had been called. Clumsily, he picked up his luggage and quickly headed over to the gate with an anxious beating heart. He was finally going to see Jaehwa after all this time.

 


 

Thank you to all my readers, subscribers, commenters, and everyone else for staying with me to the very end! I have lots of regrets about this series but I fully enjoyed writing it. Next, will be Eternal, the vamp au I am writing, can’t say when it will be finished but maybe sometime next year. If you are curious about it you can go to my writing tumblr account, tales from blizzard the kat, where I have posted some info about it. I hope you all have enjoyed this series to the very end and I hope you all look forward to my next series!

 

Happy New Year!