Part 8: Under The Night Sky

Uni. Oneshot Series

 

The soft grass beneath her as the moon and stars shone above. Outside everything was peaceful and beautiful. But inside Jaehwa felt confused and regret leaving Taekwoon like that. Jaehwa shut her eyes as tears bubbled up, not only is Wonshik avoiding her, she’s treating Taekwoon like he is not important. She doesn’t know what to do.

 

“Jaehwa.”

 

Jaehwa jumped slightly. Looking to her left she found Hakyeon sitting next to her. “Taekwoon is worried. Are you okay?”

 

She turned away, “I’m fine.” If Hakyeon saw her crying, she might tell Taekwoon and make him more worried, she doesn’t want that.

 

“Jaehwa, is there something wrong?”

 

The eldest always had such a soothing voice that drew people to her when they needed advice. Jaehwa knew that from experience. But tonight isn’t the right time to be asking Hakyeon for advice. Not when she is confused over everything.

 

Hakyeon scooted closer and stared up at the stars. “This whole conversation will just be between us. I promise.”

 

Jaehwa felt a little better at that. Hakyeon always kept her word and Jaehwa is lucky to have such a loyal friend.

 

“I...I’m really just confused. I haven’t seen Wonshik in a long time and I feel like he’s avoiding me.”

 

Hakyeon lightly bit her lip trying not to say the reason why. The older didn’t like seeing Jaehwan like this, no wonder Taekwoon was worried.

 

“We’ve been through everything together but, he has never avoided me this long before.”

 

“Weren’t you two separated for a year?” Hakyeon asked curiously.

 

Jaehwa nodded, “Yeah. But it’s nothing compared to now. He’s in the same building as me but he’s still so far.” She stared up at the stars.

 

“Maybe he has his reasons.”

 

“Sometimes I worry that he has gotten tired of me.”

 

“Wonshik would never do that. He-” Hakyeon stopped herself before she could say anymore.

 

Jaehwa looked over curiously, “What?”

 

“He cares for you deeply.”

 

Jaehwa turned back to look down at the grass, “They said they cared for me too.” Her voice so soft, Hakyeon barely heard her. “But then they left.”

 

Hakyeon didn’t want to push any further because Jaehwa seem to become more hurt at whatever she was remembering.

 

The silence went on for awhile before Jaehwa spoke up again, “Taekwoon said he loved me.”

 

“That's good.”

 

Jaehwa shook her head, “I couldn’t answer back. I...don’t why. I..I don’t feel anything when he’s around anymore and I feel so bad because, he loves me. I don’t want to hurt him.”

 

Hakyeon was curious now, “What about Wonshik?”

 

“Wonshik?” Jaehwa thought for a bit, a soft smile forming on her lips, “He’s a dear friend and I miss him. I miss his laugh, smile, the way we use to play and joke around. I miss everything about him.”

 

Hakyeon knew now why Jaehwa was confused and she wondered how long Jaehwa has been holding these feelings for him.

 

Hakyeon smiled warmly, “Jaehwa, I have something to tell you too.”

 

Jaehwa turned to her, “What is it?”

 

“I...I used to like Wonshik.”

 

“You did?”

 

Hakyeon nodded staring up at the stars, “I thought maybe one day I’ll be able to confess. But….Hongbin confess to me and I….became just as confused as you are now.” Hakyeon blushed, “He kissed me and confessed, telling me he would wait for me. I had feelings for Wonshik but my mind was full Hongbin. I was so confused.”

 

“How did you deal with it?”

 

“I figured that maybe my feelings for Wonshik weren’t true. I just liked Wonshik because I thought he deserve someone to love him. While all these warm and fluffy feelings I feel around Hongbin are true love. I can never get him out of my head and he treats me well. I’m thinking about confessing to him.”

 

Jaehwa smiled to the blushing Hakyeon, “Good luck.”

 

“Thanks. Jaehwa, I know it’ll be hard but I want you to think about your feelings towards both of them more. Who you feel happy and comfortable with. Taekwoon is my best friend, I don’t want to see him hurt but, I don’t want to see him suffering in a relationship where the other person can’t truly love him.”

 

Jaehwa nodded, “I’ll think about.”

 

Hakyeon stood up, “Thank you, Jaehwa. I hope you choose the right choice for your own happiness.”

 


 

Wonshik sighed, playing with the pencil in his fingers, a blank page on the desk in front of him. He couldn’t think of any new lyrics. He had thought avoiding Jaehwa for a while would help him to get over her, but it’s making his heart ache more for the older.

 

Wonshik looked up suddenly as the room to the dorm opened quickly. Taekwoon approaching him just as suddenly. Wonshik did not like the cold gaze that was directed towards him.

 

“I hear you’ve been avoiding Jaehwa.” Wonshik turned away. “She misses you.”

 

“Jaehwa shouldn’t miss me. She’s happier with you then she ever was with me.”

 

Taekwoon pulled Wonshik to stand up and face him, “Idiot! She trusted you as a friend, a friend who would never leave her. And now you’re letting her down. Jaehwa is sad and lonely without you, even I can’t do anything. Our own boyfriend can’t even cheer her up!”

 

Wonshik's eyes widen, he has never seen Taekwoon get so upset before. “I love Jaehwa. I would do anything to make her happy, that’s what love is. If you truly love Jaehwa, Wonshik, you would see that your selfish actions are only making her feel worse.If you truly loved her, you would stay by her side as the loyal friend I know you can be.”

 

Taekwoon let go of Wonshik, and the younger could only watch as Taekwoon walked towards the door. Taekwoon stopped at the door and turned back, “Maybe you don’t really deserve Jaehwa.”

 

Taekwoon slammed the door shut and the only thing Wonshik could hear is the echoing of Taekwoon’s words.

 


 

Jaehwa snuggled more into her arms. As her phone lit up, she picked it up to look at the new message. Her heart beat quickening when she saw it was from Wonshik.

 

Jaehwa, I’m sorry. Just wait a bit more. I’ll see you soon.

 

Jaehwa snuggled deeper into her arms beneath the starlit sky, a soft smile on her lips.

 

Wonshik makes me happy.

 


 

While writing these last few parts I actually started liking Keo more than Kenvi but, I’ve planned this whole series since around a year ago so I can’t change it now.

 

Also don't remember if I've mentioned it in this fic so far or not. Wonshik, Taekwoon, and Hongbin are roommates and the girls are roommates. Just a fun fact so nobody gets confused.

 

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments, and subscribes!

 

Comments mean so much so don’t be shy to leave a comment whenever. (Even if it’s been a few weeks or months I'll still read it.)

 

Next,

 

Part 9: Parting and Peace

 

Look forward to it!