Special: Reunion (Hongbin's POV)

Uni. Oneshot Series

There are so many scenes I planned out but never got to write out fully. You’ll see one of them at the end. I'm thinking about posting a few of my planned out scenes (notes) on my tumblr, since I put so much detail to them and some of you might be interested in reading them. But we’ll see. Thank you for all the lovely comments! I hope you enjoy reading!

 


 

It was only that morning Hongbin had first moved into his new dorm. He was informed that he had other two roommates living in the room as well, but hadn’t seen them at all yet.

 

For the rest of the day he figured he should explore the university to figure out where all his classes would be. With schedule and map in hand he set off.

 

He was aiming to be an actor someday, just like his idol Park Hyo Shin. So he had joined theater classes as well to work on acting on stage. Because learning how to act upon a stage was the first step to becoming an actor before you started working with cameras. And in order to do that the theater class also sometimes will mix with the dance students to gain more knowledge in musicals and steps they must learn in order to perform well.

 

So that's why Hongbin stood behind the rectangular glass window peering into the dance floor. The dance students have been currently at a training camp all this time. And Hongbin just happened to be in time to see the more experienced students showing off their moves to the newer, fresher students. One girl in particular caught his eye. Her long black hair pulled up into a high ponytail, her tannish skin littered with beads of sweat as she stretched.

 

The girl made her way to the center of the room as the music started. Hongbin watched in amazement as she moved through the dance so effortlessly and graceful. The serious expression on her face turned bright and she looked so much like she was having fun, that made even him want to join her. As the music faded into the background and the dancer posed, the class erupted into a loud applause. The girl thanked them with a wide smile as she bowed gratefully.

 

Hongbin didn’t know why but he suddenly wanted to know who she was.

 


 

Hongbin finally made his way back to his dorm after a long day of exploring. He was kind of nervous since he would be probably seeing his roommates for the first time and he didn’t know if they would be welcoming or not.

 

Taking a deep breath, Hongbin turned the corner and was met with the sight of boxes piled up outside his room. Carefully he approached the door and peeked into the room. Two guys around his age were chatting, one seemed very friendly while the other’s expression remained unreadable.

 

Making sure he wasn’t interrupting something important, Hongbin softly knocked twice on the door. The two boys looked up at him and Hongbin collected himself, no matter if he was very nervous right now. He smiled, “My name is Lee Hongbin. I’m your new roommate.”

 

The friendly guy grinned at him and waved his hand indicating to him to come in the room. Hongbin, feeling a little more lighter, stepped carefully into the room towards his new roommates.

 

“My name is Kim Wonshik, nice to meet you.” He smiled at him and Hongbin was just lucky he got a nice roommate. “This is Jung Taekwoon,” Wonshik patted the other guy’s shoulder, “He doesn’t say much. But it’s okay he won’t bite.”

 

Taekwoon nodded his head softly and greeted him with a soft, “Hello.” Something that he was not expecting him to sound like but at least he knew that Taekwoon wasn’t a threat to his young life. Hongbin nodded back to him. This wasn’t so bad after all.

 

Wonshik sighed and softly scratched the back of his head, “I’m sorry about all the boxes. I’m moving in too today and I just got here.”

 

Hongbin smiled at him, “That’s alright. I have time so I can help you unpack if you want.”

 

Wonshik’s eyes lit up, “Really? Thanks for the help. I didn’t think I would be able to finish all this in one afternoon.”

 

“No problem. Just tell me what I can start unpacking.”

 

Taekwoon silently helped alongside them as they went through the massive amounts of Wonshik’s boxes.

 

At one point, Hongbin noticed how Taekwoon had opened a box only to close it a second later and push it away into a corner. Hongbin was going to ask him what he saw but the red tomato blush on Taekwoon’s surprisingly innocent face said it all. Hongbin turned away with his own blush and continue on with what he was doing.

 

By the time the sun was setting, the three boys were resting together on the floor of their shared dorm room, having gotten everything packed away nice and neatly, as Hongbin would like to say. They calmly enjoyed their rest time, until a loud growl filled the silence.

 

Hongbin couldn’t help the laugh that bubbled up from his throat and even Taekwoon was found laughing. Wonshik whined, “It’s not funny. I haven’t eaten since breakfast this morning. I’m starving.”

 

Their laughs died down, staring up at the ceiling. “So who’s the oldest?” Hongbin questioned after a while.

 

Wonshik and him sat up almost at the exact same moment shouting, “93!”

 

They looked over at Taekwoon who still laid there with unreadable eyes. He averted his gaze from them and whispered softly, “90.”

 

The two youngest high fived each other in their excitement. It was a known fact at the oldest always payed.

 

“But who is the oldest between you two?” Taekwoon softly questioned, sitting up to gaze at them both.

 

“February.”

 

“September.”

 

Wonshik frowned and Hongbin let out a laugh.

 

“But we are still considered the same age.”

 

“Yeah, but you're older than me by a few months.”

 

Wonshik looked like he was going to continue the pointless argument, when a voice called out, “Wonshik!”

 

Hongbin could see the unfamiliar light flare up in his eyes as he immediately turned towards the voice, a genuine smile spreading on his face. “Jaehwa.”

 

The three of them stood up and a chubby girl crushed Wonshik into a hug almost instantly, tears sliding down her cheeks.

 

“Wonshik, why didn’t you tell me you were coming here?” the girl, Jaehwa sniffled pulling back.

 

Wonshik let out a light chuckle and gazed adoringly at the girl, “I wanted to surprise you, Jaehwa.”

 

“So you’re the Wonshik that Jaehwa talks about so much.” Hongbin’s eyes widen in surprise as the dancer from earlier appeared in their room, questioning. He blinked rapidly, was this real?

 

The dancer smiled up at Wonshik, “My name is Cha Hakyeon. I’m Taekwoon’s old friend and Jaehwa’s roommate, so you’ll probably be seeing me around a lot.”

 

Hongbin continued to stare at her, his thoughts actually came true. He was finally able to meet the dancer. He shook himself out of his thoughts and stepped forward nervously with a smile, “I’m Lee Hongbin.”

 

Jaehwa smiled back, “Lee Jaehwa.”

 

Hakyeon clapped her hands together once and grinned brightly, “Now that’s over, let’s go eat and get to know each other better.”

 

Hongbin knew he was already anticipating getting to know the dancer more.

 

(I never did write it but after this scene:

 

The group goes to a restaurant to talk and catch up or get to know each other better. Before Wonshik could ever have a chance to confess, Jaehwa tells Wonshik that Taekwoon is her boyfriend. Of course, Wonshik is heartbroken and congratulates them. He then excuses himself to the restroom. Hakyeon goes after him and hears his cries from outside the door. Hakyeon feels guilty because she was the one who encourage Jaehwa and Taekwoon to get together and wants to comfort him. As Wonshik walks out and is surprised to see Hakyeon. They talk and Wonshik only mentions to her that he is fine. Hakyeon says that he ever wants to talk he can come visit her in the dance room in the afternoons. They then walk back to the table.)