Last Part: Under The Mistletoe

Uni. Oneshot Series

Please Read The Special Before This! Thank you and I hope you all enjoy reading!

 

Taekwoon doesn’t like parties for a reason. They’re too noisy and he would rather curl up on a couch with a nice hot cup of coffee and his favorite book. Taekwoon looked around the room at everyone happily conversing and having a good time. However, two years ago it had just been him and Hakyeon spending time together during the last day before the holidays. It was a year ago when Jaehwa joined in and gained Taekwoon’s heart in the process. Taekwoon wouldn’t have thought a year later Jaehwa would be by another man’s side and they would gain even more friends in their once small circle.

 

Taekwoon would never admit it but it warmed his heart to see everyone gather together for the holidays.

 

Taekwoon had noticed how everyone was close to each other. Wonshik and Jaehwa had been friends since childhood, and no matter how it pains him they are prefect for eachother. Taekwoon had gotten close to Wonshik during their classes together and found a loyal friend in him. Taekwoon and Hakyeon had been friends since they were children. Truthfully, Taekwoon didn’t know much about Hongbin other than he wanted to be a actor and he made Hakyeon happy. Sanghyuk is still mysterious to him, apparently she crushed on Hongbin in the past but never once got close to him and they only knew each other through Hakyeon. But after his breakup with Jaehwa, Sanghyuk became a comfort to him, and he doesn’t really know why.

 

Sanghyuk laughed, her nose and eyes crinkling up cutely, as Hakyeon went on talking. She glanced over and noticed Taekwoon still sitting on the couch alone, her eyes grew worried. Hakyeon followed her gaze, “What’s wrong?”

 

Sanghyuk looked back frantically, “It’s nothing!”

 

“Ah,” Hakyeon looked at her with a smirk, lowering her voice to a whisper, “worried about Taekwoon?”

 

The younger’s face flushed red, “No, that’s no-”

 

Hakyeon didn’t let her finish before happily walking over to Taekwoon,  “Taekwoon, why are you sitting here all alone? Come join us!”

 

Taekwoon looked over at them. As their eyes met each other, they quickly looked away, a fluttery feeling in their chests.

 

Hakyeon looked between the both of them suspiciously. Hakyeon clapped her hands together to gain everyone’s attention. “Now that everyone is here. Why don’t we gather in a circle.”

 

Taekwoon watched the others gather in a circle on the floor in excitement. Hongbin grinning, Wonshik and Jaehwa snuggling up close to each other. Hakyeon sat down in between Hongbin and Wonshik leaving only a spot between Sanghyuk and Jaehwa. Sanghyuk looked at him expectantly, patting the spot next to her, “Come on, Taekwoon.”

 

Taekwoon sat down, his mind spinning from being in such a close proximity to Sanghyuk.

 

Hakyeon started out, “Thank you to everyone for coming to the christmas party. I know some of you may not know each other well so why don’t we introduce ourselves.”

 

“But what if we know about each other already?” Taekwoon asked.

 

Hakyeon shook her head, “I meant share things we might not know about each other. I’ll start.” She paused for a bit to think, “I’m Cha Hakyeon, I’ve been friends with Taekwoon since childhood.”

 

Hongbin was next, “My name is Lee Hongbin. I...I can play the guitar and sing a bit.” Taekwoon saw how red Hongbin’s ears got as everyone else asked him to play sometime.

 

Taekwoon bit his lip softly, thinking about what to say. “I’m Jung Taekwoon, I can cook.”

 

Hakyeon’s eyes widened, “Oh, that’s right! Taekwoon’s rose pasta is to die for!”

 

Taekwoon blushed at the compliment.

 

“Really? I would like to try it sometime.” Taekwoon met Sanghyuk’s eyes as she smiled and said that. They were so close and Taekwoon couldn’t contain his fast heart rate at the moment.

 

“Could I have some too?” Hongbin asked, grinning with dimples.

 

Taekwoon tried to control himself, “Sure. I don’t think you would like Hakyeon’s cooking anyway.”

 

Hakyeon crossed her arms with a glare, “What is that suppose to mean?”

 

Everyone giggled and laughed. Taekwoon didn’t know his heart could beat any faster when he heard Sanghyuk’s lovely giggle next to him.  

 

As everyone quieted down, Sanghyuk started on her turn. As everyone’s eyes fell on her, Sanghyuk took a deep breath, “My name is Han Sanghyuk. I went to the same high school as Hongbin.”

 

“Oh.” Hongbin’s eyes widened, grinning brightly. “Really? I never saw you there.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “We weren’t in the same class together but, I did see and hear of you.”

 

Hongbin laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck, “You mean the whole ‘Prince of the school’ thing.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You were popular?” Wonshik asked.

 

Hongbin nodded. “All because of my handsome face. But I never see myself as being handsome.”

 

Hakyeon smiled up at him, “Well I think you’re really handsome. Does that count?”

 

Hongbin smiled down at her, “It does when it’s you.” He whispered.

 

“And you told us to stop being all cheesy.” Jaehwa said.

 

Everyone laughed enjoying their time together. Taekwoon sneaked a glance at Sanghyuk seeing her gaze towards Hongbin, his heart pricked with a sharp pain. Taekwoon now knew how Sanghyuk had known Hongbin, but now it was obvious her love was always going to be unrequited.  

 

Right when it got to Jaehwa’s turn, Taekwoon knew what was coming. Jaehwa had changed for the better and it was the perfect moment to let it out. He had told Jaehwa it was better to let out than to keep it bottled up inside.

 

Taekwoon watched how Wonshik held her hand to encourage and comfort her, he didn’t feel as jealous anymore. Jaehwa took a deep breath she started, “My name is Lee Jaehwa. From a young age I have always had a hard time trusting others. Wonshik...was the first person who I ever found trust in. He has been by my side for these many years. At one point I thought he would be just like all the others who said they cared for me but left.” Jaehwa sniffled softly, tears threatening to fall. “But it was all just a misunderstanding. Wonshik would never do that, I finally realize that now. And I hope he can be by my side for years to come.”

 

Jaehwa tightened her grip on Wonshik’s hand and they smiled sweetly to each other.

 

“Wonshik, it’s your turn.” Hakyeon said.

 

Wonshik gazed into Jaehwa’s eyes, “I don’t have much to say. Just that I’ve loved Jaehwa for so long and I can’t believe she’s right here holding my hand.” He reached to smooth away her hair from her eyes, leaning up to kiss her forehead. Taekwoon felt a little hurt, but happy at the brightness of Jaehwa's eyes. She deserves happiness with Wonshik.

 

Wonshik and Jaehwa smiled warmly at each other.

 

“Okay, enough with the cringy love scene. Let’s start exchanging gifts now.” Hongbin said, wanting to make the atmosphere more festive again. They all had become closer in some way over the semester and Taekwoon was glad that Jaehwa finally had people who she could be comfortable around.

 

“Okay, the two love birds over there!” Hakyeon pointed to Jaehwa and Wonshik, “You two exchange gifts and then we’ll start on the next pair.”

 

Wonshik and Jaehwa turned to each other, almost smiling shyly as they took out their presents. Jaehwa went first, wrapping a warm scarf around Wonshik’s neck.

 

Then Wonshik brought out a small box and everyone lit up in excitement. “I know this is sudden and we are just starting out in our new relationship together. I’ve known and loved you for so long and it just feels right to give this to you today.” He opened the box to two separate small sliver rings. “I want you to know that I’ll never leave you and this ring is to make my promise to love and be with you always a reality.” As he slid the ring onto her ring finger, Wonshik pecked her on the lips. “I won’t ever think of leaving you, Jaehwa.”

 

Silent tears slid down Jaehwa’s cheeks, Wonshik wiping them away gently as he smiled so lovingly at her. Taekwoon wished the two all the happiness in the world. Jaehwa picked up the second promise ring and slid it onto Wonshik’s finger. Sealing the promise of love and forever with a soft kiss.

 

Hakyeon sniffled softly, “That was so beautiful.”

 

The couple had momentarily forget the audience they had and their faces became bright red. Jaehwa caught Taekwoon’s eye and she smiled, a smile Taekwoon had never seen from her and he smiled back, wanting her to know that he wished them the best.

 

After that heartwarming display of love everyone exchanged gifts with each other. Taekwoon knew it would be a long time before Hongbin and Hakyeon were ready for such a huge commitment. So seeing the simple gifts such as socks being exchanged and the usual from the other couple was nice. Taekwoon sometimes wondered when the special person for him would appear, he sneaked a glance at Sanghyuk, or maybe that special person is already here.

 

“Oh, Taekwoon can you go get some snacks and cookies from the kitchen. I left them on the counter. Sanghyuk you can go help him.” Hakyeon smiled over at them.

 

By the look in her eyes, Taekwoon knew Hakyeon was up to something but he didn’t know what. The two stood up and headed off towards the kitchen. But just as Taekwoon entered the doorway, something hit him softly top of his head, he looked up and his eyes widened. Sanghyuk who was just standing right behind him in the doorway, met his gaze with her own wide eyes.

 

Taekwoon looked over her to see the other four watching them with grins and cheers. Taekwoon glared at Hakyeon and blushed at the situation. Sanghyuk shyly avoiding eye contact with her own red cheeks. Taekwoon sighed, he should’ve known Hakyeon would’ve planted a mistletoe right here and had planned for this to happen.

 

But no matter how much he was trying to stay calm, his mind was slowly starting to spin and he could barely think straight. Not when his heart is beating faster than he thinks possible and he so desperately wants the kiss the younger in this moment. But he doesn’t, instead he takes up his courage to lean down and smooth away her hair before kissing her on the forehead.

 

He could feel Sanghyuk shaking slightly from underneath his fingertips and he can’t dare to do more. But as he moves back, a slight feeling of disappointment in his chest, he is surprised by the younger’s grip on his shirt as he is pulled down. Suddenly all he can feel is her lips on his and his heart feels like bursting inside. He can barely hear the cheers of his friends as Sanghyuk moves her lips against his softly. Sanghyuk obviously doesn't know anything about kissing but Taekwoon can’t move from the wonderful feeling of it all.

 

And as they pull back, their faces bright red, Taekwoon can’t wait to do that again. So before Sanghyuk can walk away he wraps his arm around her waist to pull her closer and tilts his head to kiss her even more lovingly than before. Sanghyuk places her hands awkwardly on his chest and he feels butterflies fluttering all over inside his chest from the feeling of her kissing back, and truthfully he can’t get enough of this feeling.

 

The others watch the two kiss over and over, having already gotten bored of teasing them by cheering.

 

“When are they going to stop?” Hongbin asked, knowing there was only one way to the kitchen and the snacks are still in there.

 

Jaehwa smiled happily at the new couple. “Just let them be for now.” She wished the two of them happiness.  

 


 

That’s the end of the Uni. Oneshot Series. I can’t believe I actually finished this series after a year of planning and writing it. I want to say thank you to everyone who has written such lovely comments and everyone else who has subscribed or just reads! I very much enjoyed writing this series. Even though I have some regrets that I wasn’t able to show everything I wanted to, it makes me happy that you all at least enjoyed it.

 

However, I may be posting a few other specials that I have written for this series. I did upload them onto my writing tumblr account. But I will also be posting them here for the people who haven't read them yet. Around three of them happen before the series and one is another POV of a part. I hope you all look forward to those!

 

After this series I will be working on at least some of the requests I still have to do and I will also be working on my next series, which I have named Eternal. If you have been following my writing tumblr account, tales from blizzard the kat, then you probably already know what I’m talking about. If not, I’m keeping the whole plot a secret, but it’s about vampires. I’m kind of excited to write it myself. I’m planning to make it into a proper story instead of a one shot series. So I hope you all look forward to it!

 

Thank you again to all my readers!

 

Merry Christmas!

 

Happy Holidays!