Special Oneshot: The Prince's Flower

Uni. Oneshot Series

As I promised I will be uploading a few more special oneshots.This oneshot is Hakyeon's POV of Part 3. I actually ended up liking this more than the original chapter, so I hope you all enjoy reading it! Thank you all for your lovely comments so far! 


 

Hakyeon felt as the cold breeze ruffled past her. Hongbin beside her as they walk along the sidewalk. Her head hung low as she thought about the earlier scene with a soft but sad smile. She had made Hongbin worry for her. A fuzzy unfamiliar feeling settled in her chest at the thought. She was just glad that he hadn’t push it further.

 

Almost at once, Hakyeon stopped as she felt Hongbin’s large hand slipped into her fingers intertwining them together. The skip in her heartbeat and the sudden pounding of her chest, she couldn’t understand at the moment as she stood frozen staring down at their joined hands.

 

Hongbin had stopped also with her. She could feel his hand trying to pull back from her grasp, “I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to lose you in the crowd.”

 

But even to her own surprise, Hakyeon held on tighter to his hand, not wanting to let go just yet. She shook her head softly as she looked up at him with a smile, “It’s fine, Hongbin. Can...we stay like this for a while longer.”

 

Hongbin avoided her gaze, noticing the way he bit his lip almost to keep him from returning her smile, “S-sure.”

 

The relief that washed over her was unfamiliar but almost comforting and peaceful, it made her want to stay like this forever. Hongbin holding her hand on a walk, smiling and laughing with her. She didn’t know why her heart was acting like this around Hongbin. Didn’t she like Wonshik?

 

The cold breeze didn’t help as she took comfort in holding his warm hand. And it almost felt as if she let it go, her whole world would crash before her eyes. She didn’t want to remember Wonshik’s smile or the way his eyes would light up when talking about Jaehwa. She doesn’t want to remember any of it. Not when she is with Hongbin.

 

“There is a cafe down the way.” Hongbin started gently, pulling her out of her thoughts. She nodded softly, wanting to go somewhere warm, wanting to rid herself of these confusing feelings.

 

Once inside the cafe, Hakyeon slipped her hand out of his. Making her way to the counter to order their food. She felt cold and somehow lonely now without his presence nearby. But she didn’t know why she felt this way all of the sudden. She liked Wonshik. His smiles and laughs were beautiful and his personality was just so nice, she fell for him almost instantly. And Hongbin….Hongbin is...he’s just a friend.

 

Maybe she is supposed to feel this way about him. Maybe she just finds comfort in his warmth because that’s what friends do. Isn’t it?

 

“Excuse me, Miss?” Hakyeon looked up startled to find she was next in line.

 

She blushed softly in embarrassment, “Oh, I’m sorry.” she hurriedly muttered an apology.

 

The girl at the counter smiled, “That’s alright. Besides your boyfriend is hot.”

 

Hakyeon blushed ten times redder than before, her heart pounding in her chest. Hongbin….boyfriend? She let out an awkward laugh, “We’re just friends.”

 

The girl narrowed her eyes slyly and glanced over to where Hongbin was sitting by the window. The girl smirked, “I see.”

 

Hakyeon doesn’t know what came over her, but the next second she was slamming down money on the counter demanding two of each banana flavored item in the shop all the while glaring at the girl with fiery eyes. The worker just nervously did what she asked and handed it to her. Hakyeon thanked her with a smile and walked off to where Hongbin sat.

 

Her mind was still clouded with the intense emotion she had felt and she began to wonder why she didn’t like that girl thinking about flirting with Hongbin. Maybe it really was just what friends do? Scare off any potentially bad dates for them? Yeah, that’s...what friends do….

 

Hakyeon stared at Hongbin as he gazed softly out the window. He blinked slowly, so slowly she was able to glimpse his beautiful lashes upon his clear skin. Hakyeon blinked rapidly and tried to calm her racing heart. Why is she like this?

 

Taking deep breaths, the older walked towards the table and sat the tray down. “Hongbin,” he turned to her with a beet red face and she took a seat herself, “I’m sorry they were out of your favorites. So everything I got is banana flavored.”

 

Which wasn’t the truth at all, but Hakyeon couldn’t deny that she loved the dimple smile that she received in return, “I’m fine with it.” If only it wasn’t ruined by the countless girls going crazy over it. Hakyeon immediately grabbed her favorite drink, banana milk, and begin to drink it, keeping her from yelling at the strange girls.

 

It was 20 minutes later when they finally escaped the cafe that was infested with screaming girls. Once outside, Hakyeon immediately linked their hands together again earning a questioning gaze from the younger. She quietly averted her gaze as she felt her cheeks heat up. All day long, she wonders why she seeks his comfort. But she really hopes all they will be is just friends.

 

The sky turned a beautiful shade of colors overhead, their hands still wrapped around each others perfectly. Hongbin gently squeezed their intertwined hands together, Hakyeon gave him a soft sweet smile in return.

 

“Hakyeon-noona, do you feel better now?”

 

Hakyeon hummed softly as she gazed at the fading sunlight and the millions of diamonds appearing in the sky. It reminded her of Wonshik when his eyes would twinkle like tiny stars whenever he laughed or smiled. It made her heart ache in a painful way.

 

Hakyeon had temporarily forgotten her troubles and worries while she was with Hongbin. But now, leaning on the railing in the cool fall breeze as the sunset faded. Hakyeon knew she couldn’t keep her feelings hidden forever.

 

She felt tears began to slide silently down her cheeks, “Haky-”. Hongbin caught her just as she turned to hug him tightly.

 

Hakyeon held on to the younger male's sweater, letting the tears soak through as she let out small whimpers and sobs. Hongbin silently smoothed her hair, hugging her closer to him as she cried more. It felt nice to be able to let out all her tears in the arms of her friend, in the arms of Hongbin. She clenched the fabric of his shirt tighter.

 

The pair stood like that for a while, Hakyeon sobbing out all the emotions that built up and needed to come out. If only Hongbin knew she wasn’t just crying because of her feelings for Wonshik, but for her confusing feelings for him as well. Soon, Hakyeon calmed down and all that was left was small sniffles.

 

"Thank you, Hongbin.", she pulled back out of his embrace, felt a sense of relief that she finally let it all out. He gave her a small smile as she lightly rubbed at her red nose. He handed her his handkerchief, "Thanks." She blew into it.

 

"Do you want to talk about it, Noona?" Hakyeon knew this was going to come sooner or later, but she didn’t know how to answer as her mind was currently a mess of emotions. She sniffled, trembling again. She couldn’t mention it, she couldn’t mention how fast her heart beated around him as her heart ached for Wonshik at the same time. She just couldn't!

 

Hakyeon found herself wrapped up in his warm and comforting arms again. She felt so small compared to him and she wonder if Wonshik’s hug ever feel this comforting and warm. "Won-wonshik....*sniff*... he....he..." she hugged him tighter.

 

"Noona, did Wonshik do something?"

 

Hongbin felt the older shake her head, snuggling more into his warmth, "I...I love him so much...." She whispered softly into his chest, somehow saying the words out loud felt fake, like she was trying to convince herself that it was true. "....Wonshik...he loves Jaehwa so much...I wish I was enough.....enough for him to become happy again......"

 

The younger softly ran his fingers through her soft hair, "Noona, you're already enough....he's probably happy that at least there is someone who will listen and understands his feelings."

 

"But I don't want to be just someone who listens!", Hakyeon looked into his eyes with clear pain, "I want to love, Hongbin. I want to love someone and I want someone to love me just as much as Wonshik loves Jaehwa. I don't want to go through this pain anymore, I want to save Wonshik and myself from this awful pain. I want him to know how much I love him and how much I will love him for all eternity. And even if it doesn't work out between us. I want to at least know how it feels to be loved just as much as Wonshik loves her. I want to know and feel that overwhelming and warm love everyday and every single second. What... *sniff*.....what is so great about Jaehwa anyway?...."

 

Hakyeon clutched to his chest again, sobbing her heart out. In some ways it was the truth, she wanted to save Wonshik from his onesided love but…..did she really love him that much?

 

Hongbin without warning lifted her sobbing face up, cupping her cheeks, "Hongbin, wh-" the words tumbled from her mind almost immediately, as the younger kissed her soft and lovingly. It lasted for a while, the older frozen on the spot her mind numb and only thinking about his soft lips on hers. Her heart rate sped up even faster than before.

 

He backed away quickly, his face flushed red, "I'm sorry, Noona! I-I wasn't thinking!...."

 

All Hakyeon could do is lightly trace the lingering feeling on her lips. "Hongbin?....", she quietly said after a few moments of silence.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Do you....", she looked into his eyes with a questioning expression, ".....like me?"

 

The younger blushed deeply again and nervously looked around, "I....I..." before taking a deep breath and facing her again. "Yes....I....I love you, Hakyeonie-noona. I always have....I want to be the one who can love you just as much as Wonshik loves Jaehwa. I want to be the one who can shower you with overwhelming warmth and love. I know you love Wonshik but.....I can wait...wait until you come running into my open arms no matter how long it takes. I love you, Cha Hakyeon."

 

Hakyeon could feel the skip in her heart, the beating of the drums in her chest at the confession. It was too early for this, she liked Wonshik, she was sure of it. "Hongbin...I...I'm sorry but-"

 

He shook his head with a sad smile, "It's alright, Noona. You don't have to say anything. As long as we can stay friends, I'll be alright."

 

As the faded light turned to night. His fake smile didn't help her feel any better in this situation. And she wonder if it was alright to like the feeling of her friend’s lips on hers.