Epilogue

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung's POV

“Chilling out and doing nothing in this fine Sunday evening?" A sudden voice made me sat up abruptly from the couch. I searched the source of the voice and I found Jimin walking casually after hanging his coat on the hanger beside the front door.

"What are you doing here? Do you know how to press the bell right?" I asked him, raising my right eyebrow as I folded my arms on my chest. Jimin chuckled and I just rolled my eyes, turning my body to the TV.

Jimin sat on one of the couch across me as I turned the TV on. "Who needs to press the bell when the whole world knows your passlock Tae. You need to change it if you didn't want one of your girlfriends comes to visit your place in a sudden." He reached a topples of cookies from the coffee table then he munched one of them.

I scoffed. "Your so called my 'girlfriends', they don't know anything about my address whatsoever."

"Wow so you never brought any of them here?" I saw Jimin plunged the rest of the cookies into his mouth so he could clap his hands repeatedly. "I don't believe you. The almighty Kim Taehyung never brought any girl to his home."

"Just shut up will ya? They ain't my girlfriends though. You guys need to stop pairing me with random girls and stop setting a ty date with any of them, I'm really sick of it."

"So you will be single forever?" Jimin's words hit me hard. I shut my eyes and the flashback of a certain woman suddenly filled my brain.

"If my destiny is to be single forever then why not?" I shrugged then laughing at my statement.

"Just get over her, Tae. Oh my God it's been over 10 years though. I doubt she still remembers you." He tsked. "I bet she’s already getting married---"

"Of course she still remembers me! I'm her first love!" I shouted at him. I sighed after I just realized what I had done to him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you."

Jimin just shook his head as he put another cookie into his mouth. “Tae, listen. We all just want you to move on. We just want you to be happy so we are trying to help you finding a new love.”

“I’m already happy with the way I am now. I’m happy with being single though.” I kept my face flatted as my finger couldn’t stop pressing the TV remote, still finding an interesting channel to watch but none of it was worth to watch though. “I’m still young, Jimin. C’mon, even Jin hyung hasn’t getting married yet. Why you guys are always pestering me to date?” I huffed helplessly. In the end I just turned the TV off as I turned my body to the front, facing Jimin. “Is dating a new standard for being happy nowadays?” I asked my best friend with a big question mark written on my face.

“Okay okay I lost.” Jimin held his hands up in the air, signalling he gave up arguing with me.

“So how’s Gayoung?” I asked him back about her girlfriend. I was happy when I knew he was dating with his childhood friend. They had been dating for 3 years and still counting.

“Yeah we both are fine.” Jimin gave me his eye smile. He looked really happy with his current relationship, I was glad though that Gayoung was a nice person. They deserved each other.

“It’s good to hear. I wish you guys will end up together, forever.” I smiled at my best friend wholeheartedly. Then a sudden thought was hitting my mind, I would turn 32 this year and like Jimin said before ‘What if she didn’t remember me?’ ‘What if she already married?’ Jimin was right, those possibilities might come true. I sighed as I closed my eyes tightly, an abrupt flashback came into my head.

 

“Please I hope you understand. I think we better off this way.” Those were the last words which came from her lips on the first week of May in 2017 and of course I still remembered it. The first time I had been rejected by someone, it hurt me a lot, even until now, 10 years later, I still couldn’t erase the feelings. Well, this feeling of mine wasn’t anything compared to hers. The day after the rejection, I still managed to visit her across my room but no avail, she wasn’t there. She already moved out from the apartment and that was the last time I met her. Without a proper goodbye, without a proper apology, and I still hadn’t made it up to her, after all those times I hurt her so deep. I always asked Daehyun, Hoseok, and Namjoon about her whereabouts but they never told me even I had forced them numerous times though. I just told by Yoojin that she already moved into another apartment and after she finished her master here, she would leave to her hometown. I missed her but I totally deserved all of these.

 

“Yah Tae! Your phone has been ringing out loud!” Jimin smacked my shoulder and I finally woke up from the reverie. “Just pick it up will ya?”

I reached my phone from the coffee table and without checking who just calling me, I immediately turn it off. “Just ignore it. It’s possibly one of the girls that you guys are pairing me up.” I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I laid my back on to the comfort sofa. I heard Jimin just sighed as I started to close my eyes, expecting to be in the dreamland soon. I didn’t do anything nor had any schedule in these past three days, but I felt exhausted than ever. I had been mentally tired.

I felt the time was ticking slowly, second by second as I fall into a slumber. But my body suddenly jolted by itself when I heard a loud voice. “Yah Tae! It’s Jungkook!” This time I felt my body was shaken by someone. “Yah wake up! He said it’s urgent!” Jimin’s voice was echoing on my eardrums.

“What is it again? I just want to take a nap for a while, God damn it!” I finally snapped it out but I gave up as I opened my eyes slowly. “What?” I asked Jimin who offered me his phone.

“It’s Jungkook, he seems in urgent and he wants to talk to you.” Jimin opened his mouth, he looked like he was in a hurry too. I just stared at him, adjusting the sudden lights on my eyes. My brain hadn’t started to be functioning yet. “Godness, Jungkook called your phone a while ago and you just turned it off. He repeatedly called you, but your phone is off. Here!” He finally took my hand and put the phone on my palm.

“Yeah what is it Kook?” Without waiting him to speak, I asked him right away in a lousy voice.

“Hyung hyung Oh My God! You will not believe it if I told you this!” Jungkook shrieked. “I also couldn’t believe it when I saw it with my very own eyes! I--- Oh My God how should I say this---”

“Yah please calm down, take a breath first. What do you want to say?”

Jungkook kept silent on the other line but I still heard his breathing grew quicker. I heard he took a deep breath for a few seconds and he finally said. “She’s here hyung! She’s back in Seoul!”

 

 

 

 

Ana’s POV

I opened the window of the classroom, the spring breeze grazing my face delicately. I smiled in content when I realized the spring was around the corner. It was my favorite season of all times. I was gazing through the scenery in front of me, a bright clear sky, the trees with the leaves growing, and the flowers bloomed in delight. A typical springtime in Seoul. Yes, I already came back to this city, after 10 years. The city that taught me a lot of things, the city that introduced me with many wonderful people, the city that reminded me with numerous memories which always remained in my mind. I was debating with myself eight months ago, whether I should take the offer from my previous professor or not. She did recommend me to be one of the lecturers of the bachelor’s degree in my past university, SNU. After a lot of inner dispute within me, I finally made a hazard decision.

 

“Ah I see, he caught up into another relationship rumour once again.” I shook my head in disbelief while scrolling throughout the article.

“Are you sure you already moved on?” A sudden voice startled me, I looked at the side and I saw Jinnie was peeking through my phone from behind my back.

I instantly turned my phone off and flipped it down on the table. I cleared my throat before explaining to her. “Well, I just browsed to the internet and a random article just popped up out of nowhere.” I shrugged.

“Yeah I believe in you.” She scrutinized her bold eyes and bored them into my eyes. I just gave her an awkward smile. “So, how’s the thing going on with your work lately?” I cleared my throat and tried to divert the conversation.

“Don’t you dare to try avoiding the topic okay?” She folded her arms in front of her chest, her face telling me that she’s ready to nag but I just grinned at her. “Without no one asking, my job is basically growing stagnant. Thanks for asking though.” She shrugged and sat on my bed. “Speaking of job, you sure really accepting the offer?”

“I think so. I mean I already have a good career in here, but you always know that being a teacher is one of my dreams, right?”

“Yes, I know. The opportunity never came twice though. I’m just worried about you Ana.” Jinnie sighed loudly, she closed her eyes and continued. “I really don’t want anything bad to you will happen again in that city.” She looked down on her laps while fidgeting with her own fingers.

I clearly realized her anxiety, she didn’t want me to experience the hurtful thing again. I stood up from my seat and I walked toward her, kneeling over. “It’s okay Jinnie, you don’t have to worry okay? I’ll be careful there, I will take care of myself.”

She finally looked up to see my face, her eyes were teary. “Promise? I can’t hold you back any longer, even your brother, L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter