Chapter 31

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I adjusted my eyes as soon as they faced the bright light. Since when my room becomes so bright like this? I kept observing my surrounding with a pounding feel inside my head, still laying on whose-the-god-knows bed it was. I abruptly sat up from the bed when I realized I was not in my own bedroom. “Crap! Where the hell am I?” My eyes opened widely, still scanning the room while digging my brain, searching for some clues. Then I sighed in relieve when I remembered I was in Mina’s guest room. “Godness, I thought I’m in somewhere. I don’t know anymore if I ended up in stranger’s room.” I shuddered at the thoughts.

I glanced my way toward the mirror on the right side. The reflection on it showed a grown woman with a messy bed hair, pale face, and swollen eyes. “I really look like a mess.” I huffed as I tied my hair into a ponytail. I massaged my own head when I felt the dizziness came back. It was basically because I cried myself to sleep last night.

I recalled the bitter event last night when Taehyung ended our relationship and after that my feet began to drag my body toward nowhere until I reached in front of a familiar apartment room which was Mina’s. She looked shocked when she found me with tears streaming down my face. I just said to her I needed place for sleepover for a night and I told her I would explain everything later tomorrow, after that she just kept silent and led me into the guest room and I didn’t even remember anything until then. I just remembered I spent my ton of tears until I fall asleep.

My phone suddenly vibrating below the pillow, I took it and I saw a few missed calls and a ton of texts. All of them were from Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook, and mostly from Namjoon. Okay none from Taehyung. I checked the texts one by one. They said almost the same, which was the question what possibly happened between me and Taehyung. “Hey, are you and Taehyung prolly having a fight?” “Ana noona, is there something wrong with you and Tae? We pressed the bell of your room multiple times but seems like you aren’t in your room.” “Noona, where are you? Are you not going home? I’m worried.” “Yah! Where are you now? Taehyung just came back to the dorm just now. It’s freaking 3 a.m. and he’s drunk as . Where the hell are you?” “C’mon Ana we’re worried. Please at least answer our calls and tell us where are you now.” I smiled a bit at the texts. They still cared for me, except Taehyung of course. I knew they would hate me to the guts for sure when Taehyung told them about everything. I bit back my smile when I recalled how harsh he was when he said that we needed to break up. The urge to pour my tears was coming back again but thanks to whoever called me at this time. I saw Namjoon’s name flashing on my phone screen which was indicating that he was the one who called me.

“He--”

“YAH! WHERE ARE YOU? We called you thousand times but you didn’t pick up the calls.” Namjoon’s voice was booming from the phone. “You’re not coming back home, aren’t you?” This time he softer his voice.

“Good morning to you too.” I remarked at him with a sarcasm then I let a soft chuckle.

“Whatever, I don’t need your good morning!” He half shouted with a loud tone. “Where the hell are you now?”

I laughed a bit when I heard the grumpiness in his voice. “Don’t worry Namjoon. I had a sleep over in Mina unnie’s.” I heard he was huffing a slight sigh relieve. “What is it?”

“I’m glad you are there in Mina noona’s room. At least we know now you’re in a safe place.”

“Yeah, I will never harm myself. Please note that.” I grinned and I didn’t know where it started, the flashback began to fill my mind again, the image of Taehyung yelled at me, the moment Taehyung said that we needed to break up, the time when Tae---

“HEY ANA DO YOU HEAR ME?” I flinched on my seat when Namjoon suddenly raised his voice. “You aren’t daydreaming, are you? It’s still in the early morning for the god’s sake!” I could feel Namjoon rolled his eyes because of the annoyance.

“Sorry, I’m not in my right mind Namjoon.” I simply answered.

“What’s wrong with you and that Taehyung brat? He came back at 3 a.m. this morning with a drunk state. We all know that he never gets drunk right? He keeps mumbling your name in his sleep until now. Are you guys having a fight?” He what? He keeps calling my name? I bit my forefinger as I was deep thinking about Namjoon’s statement. He went home drunk, why is he like this? “Yah do you hear me?” I heard Namjoon’s voice again over the phone. At the same time the door suddenly opened, revealing Mina with a tray on her hands.

“Ooops sorry. I don’t know you’re on the phone.” Mina said in a whisper. I just mouthed ‘it’s okay’ at her. She was about leaving the room but I signalled her to stay in the room right away.

“Hey Joon, I’m going to take a bath first okay? Talk to you later, I’ll come back to the apartment in a few hours I think?” I paused and I continued. “And for your information, I and Taehyung are no longer a couple. We’re over last night.” I heard Mina and Namjoon gasped at the same time when I finally said those words.

 

 

 

“Do you want to talk it out?” Mina put the tray on the nightstand as she sat on the bed. There were a glass of milk and some toast with a jar of nutella on the tray. “It explained why you did come here with tears last night?” Her voice was echoing once again. “Gosh! That stupid Kim Taehyung, I really want to kill him now!”

“Unnie, it’s okay. People come, people leave.” I smiled. “It’s all my fault to begin with too. If I were on his shoes, I think I would do the same.”

“No Ana, you deserve someone better. He doesn’t deserve you okay? I know he is a jerk.”

“It’s my fault unnie, don’t blame him.” I explained, taking on his side. “He already knows everything, I’m such a coward to not telling him sooner and yes I’m late, he knows all of my past from someone else.” I looked down on my laps, fidgeting with the hem of my blouse.

“Oh my!” I heard Mina’s soft gasp. I just bit my lips to prevent the tears which almost spilled out from my eyes. “I’m so sorry to hear that Ana, really.” I felt Mina hugged my body and I couldn’t stop the tears. I sobbed in silent as Mina soothed my back with her hand. “By the way do you know the one who spilled the bean to Taehyung?”

I retreated myself from the hug and wiped away some tears from my cheeks. “I don’t know yet unnie. The ones who know about my past are only my family, Ryan, Jinnie, you and Yoojin.”

I saw Mina nodded her head. “I promise I’ll find out who is it. Don’t think too much about it okay? And it’s okay if you want to spend more days here, you are always been welcomed at my place.” She smiled. “Oh! I brought you breakfast. You should eat them okay?” After Mina said those words, I heard someone knocked the door room. “Ah I forgot BAP came to visit here today. It was Yongguk at first, I told him you are here too, crying while knocking my door last night, and you know the BAP boys right? They all rushed right away here after knew the news.” The multiple knocking sounds were heard again.

“Girls, It’s Daehyun! Can I enter the room?” I heard a deep soothing voice behind the door and Mina just watched me in silent, probably waiting for my answer.

“It’s okay. He can come in.” I smiled at Mina and she patted my head softly with a smile. She stood up to get the door and when the door opened, it revealed Daehyun with a worried face.

Our eyes met as soon as he entered the room then he abruptly sat beside me. “Are you okay? What happened?”

“I’ll leave you two alone okay? Daehyun, please take care of her. Don’t make her cry or I’ll—“

“Yeah yeah yeah okay I understand, just leave. Yongguk hyung is waiting for you outside.” Daehyun said without turning his head toward Mina, his eyes never leaving mine. Mina just rolled her eyes as she closed the door.

“Hi Dae, long time no see. How have you been?” I grinned at him, hiding the sadness from my eyes.

“I’m fine at first, but seeing you in this state--- I’m not fine at all.” He shrugged. “What did he do to you uhm?”

“It’s absolutely nothing, he did nothing. We broke up for good, well, the reason that we’re over was mostly because of my fault.” I looked down on my own hands as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter