Chapter 32

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I don’t know anymore, Jinnie. This time people are harsher like 100 times than I was being his fake girlfriend.” I nibbled my bottom lips as I was talking with Jinnie through the voice call.

“But it isn’t your fault too Ana. Why are they so cruel?”

“It’s all clearly my fault. If only I explained to him and to the rest of BTS members that I used to be an ARMY, he wouldn’t be so angry like this.” I sighed deeply. It was the first week of February already. I and Taehyung officially broke up two weeks ago and we hadn’t met with each other again after that. I hadn’t met the rest of BTS members too because of their schedule. They’re really busy since their upcoming comeback was getting near. On top of that, they would start the world tour next month which was in March. While the news about I and Taehyung already broke up and the news about my video who said that I used to be an ARMY was spreading like a wildfire. I already said to the BTS members if they had time and we could meet face to face, I would like to explain everything at them so there would be any misunderstanding between us. But I remembered when they told me they clearly didn’t believe the news and rumours at all. They would wait for my explanation which was only came from my own mouth. What a bunch of angels, I owed them a lot.

The last time I and Taehyung met when Daehyun brought me back to the apartment after I had a sleep over in Mina’s room. I still couldn’t erase Taehyung’s face when he saw me back then. He looked beyond mad and probably annoyed to see me with Daehyun. I didn’t want to set my hope high because Daehyun told me that Taehyung still not get over me because he could sense that Taehyung showed his jealousy side when he saw me and Daehyun in that morning. Another point was I still remembered the bruise on Taehyung’s face. He looked like he’s having a fight before and my guess was true because the following day Hoseok told me through the call that Jungkook and Taehyung just had a fight before I saw Taehyung in the lobby.

“It’s okay Ana. It’s already February right? You have 11months left until you finished your study and after that you can come back to Singapore. It will fly fast. Don’t let those people bothering you okay? Just focus on your study. Besides that, you have your best friends there right?”

“Yeah I know.” I simply answered her. “This month BTS are going to make a comeback too, they’ll be busy for sure. It means that I will rarely meet him. It’s the best for me too.” I smiled a little bit even though the thought of not meeting him anymore was already killing me.

“Promise me you’ll be okay?” I heard Jinnie’s voice.

“I hope so.“ I wished as I shut my eyes to erase horrible thoughts. I recalled some people or some of BTS fans who sent me texts recently, saying they’re grateful and happy to know me and Taehyung already broken up. But some of them also said that I was a and a sly fox, pretending not being an ARMY and didn’t know about BTS so I could lure and getting closer to the BTS members. BTS’ agency also already made announcement of our break up one week ago and nothing more about that. I was still confused because I still didn’t know who’s the one who sent the video to Taehyung and spread it to the public.

“Ana are you okay?” My deep thoughts suddenly vanishing when I heard Jinnie’s voice.

“Ah yeah, I’m sorry I was just thinking about things.”

“I know, you have a lot of things in your mind right now.” She sighed as she showed me her worried face. “I’m sorry I can’t help you with your problem Ana, I’m sorry I can’t comfort you as your best friend too.”

“It’s okay. You’re listening to my problems right now is more than enough Jinnie.” I let a small chuckle. I glanced my eyes toward the clock and it showed that I should be going to my university because the first class for today would be started in two hours. “I’m sorry twin, I must end the call. I should be going to my campus right now. Talk to you later okay?”

“Oh okay Ana, take care on your way okay? If there are any people who bother you, you should—“

“Yeah yeah yeah I know.” I laughed. “Don’t worry about it, I can handle it.”

“Okay then.” We bid goodbye with each other but before I ended the call, Jinnie’s next words were enough to make me calm for a little bit because another problem had just been solved. “Hey Ana. By the way your brother said sorry. I hope he’ll talk to you soon.”

 

 

 

The door of my apartment room made a click sound when I closed it. I was ready to go to my university and my mind suddenly flew away toward Jinnie’s last words in our call a half hour ago. She said that Leo said sorry for me. I miss him. He hasn’t called me yet since six months ago. “Why didn’t he say sorry directly at me? Why didn’t he call me already? Such a stupid jerk!” I sighed loudly as I was talking to myself.

“Why he should be the one to say sorry when you’re the one who’s at fault?” I froze on my spot when I heard a familiar deep voice behind me.

I awkwardly turned my body and I found him there standing right in front of me in a few meters away. He stood right there in front of his door with dark brown jeans, a grey hoodie, and a glasses. I saw he neatly combed his brownish hair with his right hand and I couldn’t take my eyes away from his gorgeous perfect face. His gaze never leaving mine too as his thick eyebrows slightly creased as if he was waiting for my answer.

Speaking of my answer, did he just talk to me? We both never met with each other nor talking since our break up but here he was, standing in front of me and most important thing was he just talked to me. Oh God I just wanted to hug him, I miss him. Instead of doing the thoughts in my mind, I just simply bowed at him. “I don’t know what you’re talk---“

“Never mind. I didn’t talk to you earlier. Just forget it.” He muttered those words and he bowed back at me. After that he walked away to climb down the stair, walking toward the elevator.

What? Does he think I’m stupid? We’re only the ones in the hallway and he said that he didn’t talk to me? What kind of nonsense was that? I scoffed as I rolled my eyes, resuming walking through the stairs and toward the elevator. I didn’t care if we ended up in the same elevator later.

I stood right beside him, waiting for the elevator to arrive. We didn’t talk anymore as we stood here in silent. I didn’t mind to take a glance over him because I didn’t want to hurt my pride anymore. It was our first time meeting with each other after those two weeks and it felt like I hadn’t met him for over a year. Finally, the elevator had reached our floor. Taehyung entered the elevator as soon as the door was opened. When I was about to enter it as well, he abruptly said. “You can take the next elevator.” He let out those words while pressing the button to close the elevator door.

The hell that he said? I scoffed as I entered it calmly as if I didn’t hear about his words earlier. “Did I just say you can take the next elevator?” I heard he was asking me as I finally entered it. The door finally closed with both of us in the elevator and I still didn’t answer his question. He just let a slight sigh at me. Silent was consuming surround us once again and I kept my face flatted because of his previous words.

He doesn’t want to be inside the elevator with me too? Why is he becoming like a jerk? I shake my head in disbelief because of the thoughts. I knew I was at the fault but at least I already made my apology at him. Why did he act like a child over something like this?

The elevator finally reached the ground floor. Before I left it I managed to say. “Sorry I’m in a rush too. If you hated seeing me that much, don’t worry I’ll leave this apartment and will move into the new one soon.” I looked at him for a mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter