Chapter 29

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“So which one do you like?” I showed two kind of sweaters to Taehyung, the one which had a sky blue colour in my right hand and the one which a pinkish floral one in my other hand.

“C’mon babe do you have to ask me when you already know the answer?” Taehyung groaned at me and I just gave him a questioning look. I scrunched my forehead in confuse, with my both hands still holding the two sweaters. “It’s obvious that the one whom I like is---” He replied then he pointed his forefinger at me. “You.” He finished. “Why did you ask again babe? Of course it’s you.” This time he laughed as he satisfied with the answer.

I rolled my eyes at his cheeky answer. “I’m being serious here Tae! Just choose which sweater is more suitable for me?” I brought the two sweaters closer toward his face.

He took both of the sweaters with one hand then he took my hand in his other hand. “Just buy the both of them. As you know, you are always good in every clothes babe. Even though you are just wearing a rice sack, you will always be the most beautiful woman in my eyes.”

“Yah! Who taught you about all of those cringe words huh?” I smacked his shoulder lightly.

“I just stated the truth.” He shrugged off with a small laugh.

After paying the clothes that we had bought, we resumed our walk into the restaurant to grab some lunch. This was the first time we hung out together as the real couple in the nearest mall. People who saw us walking hand in hand like this became less than the first time we were hanging out as the fake couple. It’s probably they already accepted it? Or maybe they couldn’t care less anymore? It’s fine with me though since I didn’t like the attention which they were giving to me all these times every time I walked in public either only by myself, with Mina and Yoojin, or with Taehyung.

“So what do you want to eat babe?” Taehyung asked me after the waitress gave us the menu.

“Uhm let me think first.” I answered him without taking my eyes off the menu, I scanned the menu one by one and I finally said. “One spaghetti carbonara and one lemon squash please.” I said to the waitress with a smile and she quickly jotted my order on the paper.

“One mac and cheese, one pepperoni pizza, and one lemon tea for me.” Taehyung said and the waitress nodded her head before she excused herself to get our orders. But before she left us to get the order, she came back again toward us. She seemed hesitant at first when she already reached our table.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked her with a warm smile.

She rubbed the back of her neck then she took a phone from her uniform’s pocket. “Uhm it’s just--- Can I take a photo of----“

“Sure, it’s fine with me. You can take the photo with me.” Taehyung replied and he already set a pose with his V signature on his left eye. I just let a chuckle at my silly boyfriend.

“No I’m sorry, it’s not just your picture V-ssi. I want to take a photo of both of you. V-ssi and your girlfriend.” The waitress asked for the permission and I saw Taehyung’s face fell. I was laughing at his reaction.

“I see, my girlfriend is becoming more popular than me now.” He mumbled and I couldn’t help but laughing more.

“It’s okay.” I let the words slipped out of my mouth.

After the waitress took I and Taehyung’s picture together with Taehyung’s arm securely wrapping around my waist, the waitress asked for another permission. “Thank you. It’s okay if we put your photo on the wall of this restaurant? It’s an honour for this restaurant to be visited by the perfect couple who’ve been being talked a lot lately by everyone in the town.”

“I think it’s fine for both of us, right babe?”

“Yeah, I’m fine with it. Besides that, it’s our honour too.” I smiled in content.

“Great! Once again thank you, and I’ll bring your orders as fast as possible.” The waitress chirped in a full excitement before she left us to get our orders.

“Uhm, so my girlfriend is the real public figure now. Everyone knows you.” Taehyung mumbled with a flat tone.

“Yah! Why are you mad at me because of that huh? Are you afraid I’m gonna be popular than you?” I laughed at him.

“Nah it can’t be.” Taehyung stuck out his tongue at me. “I’m afraid with the men outside there. The more you become popular, the more you gotta be exposed with other men. What if a lot of men like you? What if they make a move on you? What if---“

“Yah yah yah stop with that nonsense thing.” I cut him off. His jealousy side was back again. “It’ll never happen.” I tried to reassure him. His insecure was becoming bigger by each day.

“I’m just afraid if there will be the other man who is going to snatch you away from me. Daehyun hyung and Jungkook are enough.” He sighed, looking down on his lap with a worried face.

I widened my eyes when I heard his words. “What? Why did you bring Daehyun and Jung---“

“I know it all along babe, Daehyun hyung told me that he once confessed to you but you rejected him. He was the one who confessed to you before I did and I’m so glad you two didn’t end up with each other.” He sighed in relieved. “And as for Jungkook, c’mon we all know that he likes you to the guts babe.” This time Taehyung let a slight giggle.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about Daehyun’s confession because I’m afraid it would be uncomfortable if I told you about it.” I explained to him as I took his hand in mine. I it softly to calm him down. “You don’t have to be afraid because the one whom I love is you Tae, even a long time before Daehyun confessed to me I already like you. That’s why I rejected him. I just don’t want you to misunderstand about the whole situation.”

“I get it babe. I know it for sure you already like me even before we acted as a fake couple right?” Taehyung gave a soft squeeze in my hand with a laugh.

Yeah even before we’ve met as a person, I already like you Tae. But the difference was I like you as my idol back then. I bitterly smiled when I remembered how fanatic I was back then when I was still being an ArmY. “And as for Jungkook, I never knew he does like me.” I chuckled and I recalled every gesture that Jungkook gave to me. Every time he blushed when I praised him. And every single cheeky words he gave to me. It all made sense now that he had a little crush on me. “I thought he just sees me as her older sister Tae? Because I wouldn’t mind having a cute younger brother like him.”

“Nah don’t start to praise another guy in front of me again or I’ll flip this table babe.” He moaned while acting mad.

“Okay I’m sorry, I’ll stop now.” I hold my laughter as I made a zip gesture in front of my mouth. We both laughed together and the waitress finally came back to give our orders.

 

 

 

“Babe by the way do you know why my girlfriend is like a google?”

“Yah stop it Tae, you’ve been talking about a lot of cheeky things for almost fifteen minutes already. This is your fourth attempt.” I rolled my eyes at him. He couldn’t stop telling me about his cheeky sweet talking here and there.

“Babeee, just answer it.” He whined at me while showing his puppy eyes.

I sighed softly and I the ice cream in my hand before I answered his stupid question. “Well because she knows everything?” I tried to play along with him with a smile.

“No, because she has everything I’m searching for.” Taehyung giggled at me before he kissed my cheeks.

“Aiguuu, that’s very sweet of you. I’m flattered now.” I giggled with a fake beaming face. Then I pinched his arm slightly. “Just stop it already! I know you want something, just tell me what do you want, Tae?”

He looked in doubt at first before he answered. “I feel bad at you babe. I mean, I already promised you that I will take you to Daegu to meet my parents but the thing isn’t going well. Instead of giving us a week off, they just gave us two days.”

“It’s okay Tae really, I’m the one who feel bad at you. You should have rest in the dorm instead of spending time with me. Because we just used your first day off, you only have another day off for tomorrow. I’m sorry.”

“Yah--- So you don’t like it when we are hanging out together like this babe?” He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter