Chapter 28

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“WHAT?” I yelled loudly. I already imagined it was coming but I never thought it would be this soon.

“You heard what I said Ana. Just break up with him.” The guy in front of me ordered in a flat tone as he folded his arms on his chest.

“I don’t want to.” I scoffed at him. “You don’t know him enough and I can’t believe you came all the way here from Singapore just to say those horrible things.”

“He almost killed you and our father, he even made Dad can’t walk any—“

“Stop it Leo!” I finally let a courage to stop him. I couldn’t stand it anymore. “Aren’t you the one who told me to stop blaming the others about the accident a year ago? But why are you being like this now?” I shook my head in disbelief. I knew he would act this way when he knew about my relationship with Taehyung but I never thought he would start to blame Taehyung like this.

The most frightened thing that I had been imagined all this time finally came true but I would never think my brother would know about it like this soon, when I and Taehyung hadn’t even in a week of our real relationship.

“It’s different Ana. You and him are dating now. He hurt you a year ago while you were just being his fan and this time you are his freaking girlfriend, he will hurt you more than he did a year ago.”

“He didn’t do something wrong back then.” I explained. “He will never hurt me Leo, stop with this crap please. I always---“

“Oh yeah? Why did you stop liking them and him after the accident? Why did you throw your BTS’ stuffs away as if you wanted to forget them completely? Why did you afraid to go to Seoul like if you wanted to avoid a certain person huh? It means that you also blaming him and his entire group after the accident.” He argued as he stared at me then he continued. “You are my only sister Ana, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

I kept silence on my seat. Thinking hard about Leo’s words earlier. Right, I had to admit it. I used to hate BTS after the accident. But at the time went by, I eventually learnt that Taehyung and the rest of members were indeed good persons. I always knew they’re nice and stuffs when I was still being their fans but it was when I just knew them as a merely fan and of course I didn’t know about their true personalities. And right now, here I was, I was no longer being an ARMY, I was no longer a Taehyung’s fan but I was their friend, I began to learn about their true colors and I would never regret it because they’re all the same like they usually showed to their fans. They ain’t hiding anything. They ain’t fake. Period.

I heard Leo cleared his throat as if he was waiting for my retort, but instead of arguing more with him, I just simply sighed as I leaned my back against the couch. I never win whenever I have to argue with him. “You know what? You’re being a hot topic in my office. Every woman who likes Kpop always asking me if you truly dating that Taehyung guy and that makes me uncomfortable.” Okay I thought Ryan is the one who’s telling my brother about this. I glanced my way toward my cousin who just kept silent on his seat while watching the TV show but I bet his focus wasn’t in the show at all, I knew he had been listening at me and my brother’s conversation. “And hey Ryan! I also blame you about this okay?” Leo half shouted at my cousin and I saw Ryan flinched on his seat.

He slowly turned his head toward us and he shrugged. “What did I do wrong this time?” He stood up from the floor then he walked toward us to join the conversation. He seemed like he didn’t like the way my brother accused him.

“Yeah, if only you didn’t choose this crappy apartment building. She would never meet those people.”

“Those people have names, Leo.” I scoffed. Then Leo just shoot me a death glare and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Woah c’mon man, I just helped her to find a suitable place. Remember you also asked me for the safest place in Seoul right? So I asked my friend and he recommended this place to me.” Ryan made a sit and I could feel he also felt annoyed with my brother. “Hey Leo, what’s wrong with you seriously? Ana is turning 22 this year, do you expect her to be a single forever?”

I bit back my smile when I heard Ryan taking my side. Nah I love you Ryan, you got the point there.

“You don’t understand at all about the situation dude.” Leo retorted. “Ana used to be those people’s fan, she went into their concert then she and my Dad had an accident right away after it, my Dad had been in a comatose state for two weeks and he can’t walk properly un—“

“LEO!” I finally lost my sense as I yelled loudly at my older brother. I was breathing heavily when I realized I was yelling loudly at my brother for the first time. It’s the first time we were arguing with each other over a serious topic though. As a younger sister, I always agreed with whichever words which came from Leo’s mouth, but this time I had my limit. I didn’t like it when he started to intervene my relationship. I saw Leo and Ryan widened their eyes as if they didn’t believe that I just shouted loudly at my older brother.

I saw Ryan mouthed. “Apologize to him in real quick!” and I just sighed then saying. “I’m sorry Leo, I didn’t mean to shout at you but Ryan was right. I’m already being an adult now. I can choose anything for my life. Please, I hope you’ll understand Leo. I know you are worried but Taehyung and the rest of members will never hurt me.”

Leo just stared at me for a long time then he suddenly threw his hands in the air in disbelief. “I can’t believe you dare to shout at me and even talking back at me like this, Ana. You’re being like this because of him huh? Don’t be kidding me, you are on their side just because you used to be their fan. Because they’re famous and good looking. So that’s why you are falling head over heels like this. You even forgetting the accident which was almost taking your life.”

“No Leo. I’m being their friends is not just because those ty things that you had mentioned earlier. It’s because I feel comfortable around them. I feel safe. And the important thing is I love Taehyung.”

“You know nothing about love Ana, it’s just----“

“Whatever.” I cut him off. “I’m tired Leo. I don’t want to argue with you anymore because I know I will never win when it comes to against you.” I stood up from my seat, readied to leave them in the living room. “And one thing, stop blaming Ryan. He has nothing to do with this. I finally met BTS and Taehyung again isn’t Ryan’s fault, it’s more like a fate.”

When I was about to walk into my bedroom, I heard Leo said. “Fine. If you’re getting hurt later, don’t you ever dare to appear in front of me and begging me to beat him up. Because it’s your own risk to begin with.”

I bit my bottom lips when I heard those hurtful words and without I noticed, a single tear was rolling down on my cheeks. I hadn’t even told twice to resume walking away toward my bedroom when I heard Ryan calling my name.

I locked my bedroom then I checked my phone right away. There’re two missed calls and three unread chats from Taehyung. I wiped my tears away then I smiled when I read the chats.

 

 

From: Taehyungie

Babe, how’s your brother? You and your brother must be missing each other that much right?

 

From: Taehyungie

Babe, I’m in the middle of practicing. I’m going to send you the selca okay wait....

 

From: Taehyungie

Hehe excuse my sweaty face, don’t forget to eat your dinner okay babe? Send my regards to your brother and Ryan hyung. I love you so much<3 Pyong!

 

 

I giggled softly when I read Taehyung’s texts and I felt my fingertips were grazing onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter