Chapter 9

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Cut!”

The director’s voice tore through the night sky. It’s December already and there’s going to be a break until after the lunar New Year for them because the scenery won’t suit the script during the peak of winter. They still needed to film the three-quarter worth of the movie after. A stumpy man tightened his fluffy winter jacket and commanded the stylists to wrap the actors with their incredibly thick and fluffy winter wear. All of them looked like a balloon at this point.

“That’s a wrap, everybody.” The director said, forming a soft smoke with the breath from his mouth. Everyone bade goodbye to the team they’ve been working with for months for a while, wishing them a premature holiday greeting.

Nana was there, trapped between her stylists and some of the other actors’ stylists. Some of the male crews called her name, nodding politely, wishing her to have a good Christmas even though she doesn’t really celebrate Christmas. Apparently for Koreans, Christmas has shifted its meaning besides as the birth date of Jesus, it also celebrated as second-valentine or some sort where couples are everywhere and singles could just mourn in the cold winter air.

Someone tapped on the shoulder of Nana’s puffy white winter coat. It was the man with his heart-shaped smile on his face with a steaming cup of coffee on both hands. He shoved his right hand to the girl’s direction. Nana smiled and took the coffee from his hand. It felt warm on her frozen fingers that turned pinkish on the tip. “Thanks Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo stood awkwardly in his puffy navy blue winter jacket with light brown furs stitched around the hood. His nose turned red due to the cold. He sipped on his coffee as he kept his eyes closely to the tall girl in front of him. They got greeted by several staff members, but it didn’t do any help to break the invisible ice wall between them. “So,” Kyungsoo started. “Aren’t you going to drink that up? It’ll turn cold if you keep it in this weather.”

Nana sheepishly grinned at him and took a sip of her coffee. Kyungsoo looked at her. The tip of her nose was pinkish and cute. He couldn’t help but smile at her. Nana realised what he did and he caught her off guard. She blushed and meowed to the boy admiringly looking at her. “I’m sorry, you’re just so cute. Why are you still single? It makes no sense!” He let out a set of chuckle before sipping on his coffee. If only he knew the truth. “This Christmas, any plan?”

The girl swept the strands of her brown hair behind her ears and shook her head gently. “I think I’ll be home with Chanyeol and our friends. Both of us are never a festive person.” She looked back at him with her big eyes surrounded by her long lashes. “What about you?”

“What do you think I’ll be doing other than reading scripts and watch foreign movies?” He laughed at himself, probably because he just realised how lifeless he was. Nana patted on his shoulder with her twiggy fingers, saying he shouldn’t feel like that or something along the line. Kyungsoo bit on his reddish lower lip looking at her. “Hey Nana, listen. Since you don’t have anything to do on Christmas, you know I was thinking, maybe we can go out? Grab something to eat and whatnot.”

Nana smiled

Please log in to read the full chapter