Chapter 7

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hello everyone, I’m Im Jinah. I will be playing as Kwon Yeoreum’s sister, Kwon Gyeowul. Please take care of me.”

Nana bowed from her seat to a room full of crews of writers, producers, directors, and her fellow actors and actresses surrounding her. The jolliness seems to spread through the meeting room of CJ E&M Centre building. It was the day of the read-through, and she felt so good about herself to finally be able to jump into the acting world again after the accident. She had never felt this happy to wake up in the morning and travel with her manager from her house in the area of Seocho to Sangam-dong in Mapo.

The other actors and actresses welcomed her very well and asked her about the injury. They weren’t that nice if it wasn’t because of her injury. Except Lee Dongwook whom she’s known for years and starred in a reality show together, and her junior Do Kyungsoo. Dongwook’s thumbs rose below the table to her direction signing that she just did a good job with her introduction to the team. Being her senior and personal friend, Dongwook knew that Nana’s always got nervous during read-throughs because she needed to adjust herself with the new environment.

“Hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo. I will be playing as Lee Kangchul. Let’s work together.” The boy with a heart-shaped smile who visited Nana stood up next to her. He looked at the girl as if he’s a pre-schooler doing something remarkable, trying to show off to his mother. He played with the tip of his striped oversized jumper after he sat back to his seat and Nana was patting on his shoulder.

The team started the read-through. They required them to read the dialog with emotions as a preview to what outcome they might get from the actors and actresses on the screen and to test the chemistry between the roles. Nana’s parts turned out well, she’s been practicing hard even when she’s still hospitalized, with her manager and Chanyeol when he’s not busy composing things. She had the chemistry she had to have with the other main characters, even the producer praised her.

“We’re done for today, see you all on the set in a week.” The director said to all of them, cuing that the read-through had come to an end. All of them stood up from the seat and bowed to each other. Nana let the other crews and her seniors left first before she poured herself outside the room.

“Sunbae!” She heard a male voice calling. It was Kyungsoo in his striped oversized blue jumper running towards her. Nana flipped the left part of her brown hair behind her ear as she twisted her twiggy figure towards the boy. She asked him if she left something in the room while checking on the script book and other papers she held against her chest, but Kyungsoo shook his head. “I was wondering if you’re free after this. I mean I hadn’t eaten. We both hadn’t eaten. So, you wanna grab something to eat?”

Nana smiled to the innocent vibe erupting from her junior. Kyungsoo didn’t seem to worry about his image or how the stalking photographers might get a picture or two of them eating together. If a rumour about them spread before the movie premiere or during the making of the movie, two of them might screw up their contracts. “Just the two of us?”

Seeing that Kyungsoo’s lips had grown into his tender heart-shaped smile, the girl smiled before adding, “Don’t you think we should invite one more person? Like a mutual friend or something? What if we get caught? They might think we’re dating.” Nana whispered so none of the passer-by could hear what they’re talking. “I will get killed by your fangirls.”

Kyungsoo made a faint sound of chuckle between his teeth as he cov

Please log in to read the full chapter