Chapter 4

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

The room 709 at the Gangnam Hospital’s VIP section’s starting to welcome visitors other than detectives and police officers. The room seemed a little bit brighter than before. Maybe it’s the lighting from the sun outside, the weather, the army of flower bouquets decorating the room, the fact that the only medical device hanging around was Nana’s IV drop, or maybe it’s the girl smiling and hugging people, the life of the room herself.

A week ago Nana was laying there motionless with wires attached to her body and the beeping of devices was the only thing heard. Now everyone can hear her crisp laughter, look into her bright eyes, listening to her endless chirping about wanting to go outside, or how the hospital staffs treated her very nicely she wanted to live at the hospital instead. But she only said that to make them feel better. She actually wanted to go home, back to the bed where she slept in Chanyeol’s open arm while he hummed his newly-composed song.

There were many people visiting her, from fellow actors and actresses, the chairman of her agency, some of her idol friends, and some of her friends in university. Chanyeol was silently keeping his eyes on the male visitors like a hyena. But when Nana turned her head to him, he immediately put his best innocent face and smiled at her. Nana’s mother had to go in the afternoon, so Chanyeol asked her manager to keep an eye on her while he drove her mother to her destination.

Nana’s been hosting the visitors with her cheerfulness and stories; she felt really tired and wanted to rest. The nurse asked the visitors to get out of the room, but there’s only one left outside who hadn’t had a chance to come in. Nana said that she’s okay if it’s just one person so the nurse asked the person to come in.

He was dark and not very tall, if compared to Chanyeol, the man looked like a hobbit standing next to Gandalf. His eyes were big and his eyebrows were very thick. He has this boy-next-door vibe erupting around him. His face was warm and friendly, and the bouquet of flowers in his hand helped him enhance the feature. “Kyungsoo!” Nana called, made a heart-shaped smile rose from his full lips. The boy walked towards her and pulled her fragile body inside his embrace while whispering how worried he was, just when Chanyeol barged into the room with a pout on his face.

“Oh, you came already? How’s Mum, she got there safely?” Nana asked, Chanyeol just nodded with a tint of annoyance visible on his face because the view of Nana being inside another man’s embrace was the first thing he saw. Nana looked at the boy Kyungsoo. He was eyeing her, asking who this tall man was. “Oh I haven’t introduced you two! Chanyeol, this is Do Kyungsoo, the man who played some dramas with me. And Kyungsoo, this is Park Chanyeol, my—“

“Cousin.” Chanyeol said coldly to the shorter boy. “Second-cousin, basically the only family she has here. And also her mother asked me to watch every boy who’s getting close to her.” Chanyeol definitely lied. Since Nana was very popular among males, they decided to keep their dating status really low. Only the chairman of the agency, the manager, and relatives—including the singer Byun Baekhyun—knew about the truth. Chanyeol had been telling curious people that he’s Nana’s second-cousin. “I also live with her and watch her curfew. Don’t worry. I don’t leech on her financially. I’m a junior composer at SM entertainment, just so you know.”

Nana giggled to Chanyeol’s passive-aggressiveness that only happened when he’s really jealous to someone. And he’s clearly jealous of Kyungsoo because Baekhyun once told him that Kyungsoo told the host of a program Baekhyun and Kyungsoo was in, that his ideal type was Nana. Chanyeol sat down like a raging bull looking at a flowing red fabric in front of him. “Go ahead, carry on. Don’t mind me.” He said, but it was clear that there’s a fire in his eyes.

Nana glared at him, moved and formed a sentence “We need to talk after this” silently and went back to the big-e

Please log in to read the full chapter