Chapter 10

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nana looked at the laptop screen showed by Chanyeol in front of him. She groaned to the picture on the screen with an article made probably by some obsessive and unethical part or journalism. The Nana on the screen was seen walking out a restaurant with her co-actor Lee Dongwook. They were attending a mutual friend’s birthday, and Dongwook offered her to go together. But it seemed like the gossipy media like Dispatch used their brain capacity that’s capable to make an internet conspiracy theory to make it seem like the two were having a date while Dongwook knew for sure that Nana’s seeing someone.

She grasped on the sleeves of her white jumper, her lower lip was trapped between her teeth as she breathed. She looked at the boy next to the monitor. His long fingers were busy stomping in the keyboard searching for things related to the photos and articles written about her and Dongwook on the internet. Nana’s finger unconsciously reached for the typing long fingers of his. “Chanyeol, what did the police say about my stalker?”

“They’re still working on it.” Chanyeol plainly said, his eyes were still pinned to the motionless figure of his girlfriend and the tall and handsome man next to her. He shouldn’t’ve said yes when he asked him to take her out together to a friend’s birthday. Chanyeol sighed then looked away from the monitor to the hairline of the girl next to him who was by now watching into empty space. Her eyes looked empty enough to stop him from doing what he was doing and shifted his focus completely on her. “Nana, are you scared?”

Her eyebrows knitted into a frown on her face. She sighed to her own worry. She trusted the police, she wanted to trust the police, but after half than a year they hadn’t been able to catch the culprit. They just told her that a potential suspect was found in mysterious death months ago, and they’re still on the investigation finding whether or not he was the stalker, and Chanyeol didn’t say a thing regarding the case. Not even telling her that it was their high school friend either.

“I have so many things on my mind.” She slouched on the sofa next to him, hands gripping tight on the blue pillow on her chest. “I know that person will make a move soon. Every single time I was spotted with some potential guy or rumoured to be dating, he’ll strike. You remember that, right? That bloody rose and blackmails when I was spotted with my co-star last year. Not to mention dead threats sent to him by this exact person. And that accident…

I can’t be at ease, not when he’s not yet to be caught. Even more, it’s Dongwook-oppa this time. You know how close I am with him and how I don’t want any of my friends get harmed by this. I’m okay if it’s me who got attacked— “

“Oh for ’s sake don’t be selfish, Im Nana!” Chanyeol snapped. “You can say that b

Please log in to read the full chapter