Chapter 5

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

The third music room of the SM Entertainment was jammed that day. SM had hired one composing crew. Chanyeol, along with a team of foreign composers, a producer, and five members of SHINee were stuck in a same room. They’re preparing for SHINee’s comeback after Baekhyun’s group CBX’s. Lee Sooman—even though he’s no longer the CEO, but he’s still the founder and respected producer of the company—seemed to be impressed with Chanyeol’s composition for CBX and decided to recruit him for the SHINee crew.

Jonghyun, the group’s member and notable lyricist told the crew how he wanted the song to sound like and what feeling is needed for the song. The man was the one talking the most with the crews since he wrote the songs and made the demo. The other four members helped to contribute, but not as much as the dinosaur-faced boy.

It was around 3 when Chanyeol finished his composition and gave his to the producer and the band member to listen to and correct tomorrow. He then excused himself after wearing the hoodie Nana gave him on their 3rd anniversary, and hit the corridor. He’s now used being in the corridor with people and the binding daylight reflecting from the glossy wall straight into his retina. Before Nana’s accident, he used to work very late at night he’s practically the building’s security. But since everyone knew him as Nana’s cousin and her accident, they let him off early in order to treat the girl.

Chanyeol pressed the down button installed to the pristine white wall and took his cap off to swipe his hair backward and pressed it down with the cap when he felt a hand tapping on his shoulder. He looked to the left where his shoulder was tapped and found a boy that looked way younger than his age smiling up at him brightly. “Hey stranger! Where have you been?”

Chanyeol chuckled to the boy’s presence. “ you, I was here all the time. You were the one disappearing.” His heavy voice flew out from his mouth. He playfully pushed his best friend he almost stumbled down. “You’re small and disappear on some occasions, you must be a hobbit.”

“Say what you want, Yoda. I was busy with the CBX promotions. Thanks to you, the song’s a hit!” Baekhyun said with a spark of satisfaction beaming out from his face. “Dude, have you eaten yet? You wanna eat? My treat because you made my song hit.”

“I won’t miss it on normal occasion, but I think I’ll pass. Nana is going to be discharged today. Thanks for being a good friend, man. You didn’t come to visit even once. Nana was asking about you. It was what, almost three months since her accident? It was still sunny out.”

“I was doing my ing promotions, could you let it go?” Baekhyun groaned as the metal door in front of them dinged and puked three people out. The two boys stepped into the empty metal box. “Hey, how about I come along now? You know, I can help carry some .”

“Do as you please. Just please, don’t do weird things. She’s not strong enough to deal with your antics.” Chanyeol pressed a button to close the door so then can talk comfortably with no one eavesdropping on them except from maybe the security camera hanging above their heads watching them like an eagle. But there’s never a mic on security cameras so they won’t hear what they’re talking.

Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol wasn’t pressing on the button that’ll lead them to the lobby. Instead he pressed the button that’ll drop them at the second basement of the building. “Dude, you sure you’re not pressing the wrong button?” He asked, but Chanyeol just shrugged his shoulders and laid his back on the metal wall trapping them.

The elevator stopped at their destination floor, and Baekhyun wasn’t able to keep his mouth shut and puking questions to the taller man. Chanyeol led them to the basement where the employees other than directors, chairmen, and artists parked their cars. Compared to the basement above them

Please log in to read the full chapter