VI.

Mix and Match

Jiyong's good mood disappeared as he remembered where they were and why they were there. Something that didn't escape Taeyeon's notice.


"Minji unnie and Jin Woo oppa wouldn't want us to be sad like that, they would want us to be happy and they would want Jiyeon to grow in a happy environment oppa, let's at least give her that even if we can't give her back her parents"


Jiyong sighed as she said that to him.


"I know Tae, belive me, I know. But taking care of a child is a big responsibility and it would be hard especially for us with our careers. Our schedules are jam packed and we always have to travel abroad, how will we take care of her?? Please don't get me wrong Tae but I'm just thinking for Jiyeon's sake. Babysitting for a child is not the same as raising one, and babysitting is all I've ever done."


"We've been on "Hello Baby" and learned how to take care of babies and I've watched and helped my mom take care of Hayeon... Hmmm... oppa... Should we tell our members or our families? You were right when you said that it would be easier if they knew but I just thought that maybe we could work this out by ourselves until she's old enough before we explain to everyone about this"


Jiyong stared at her as he listened to her explain


"I love my members and my family oppa but i've also dreamed of having a family of my own, at my age right now, I think that if I weren't an idol I would have already been married by now. When I told this dream to my friends they told me that it was a good dream but they also asked me to prioritize my career for now because we were still at the peak and me starting a family right now could bring us all down to the bottom. So...so I wanted to keep Jiyeon a secret from them for now because she may be my chance at getting the family that I want"


"I understand you Tae, more than you know because I too have been thinking of wanting to start a family of my own, YG hyung and the others know this but they think I'm still too immature and too young to think of marriage and kids especially with all the scandals that I get into. Jiyeon is my chance at family as well, so if you don't want to tell all of them yet then it's fine with me."


She was surprised when she heard this because she couldn't imagine G-Dragon carrying a child....but... but the Kwon Jiyong she saw when he held Jiyeon would make a great father in her eyes.


"Thank you Jiyong-oppa" she smiled and hugged him a little when he said that out of gratitude.


"But still, we'll may need other people's help in case we can't stay with her from time to time. Hmmm... How about this Taeyeon-ah, choose from your friends who you are closest to and who can hide your secret. Choose one who we can trust with Jiyeon when we are not around. I don't think we can ask my Big Bang members because they are close with your sisters in SNSD."


Taeyeon could not argue with his words so she thought about it


"Actually oppa when I said that no one in the company knows about my friendship with the Choi's what I meant was no one connected to SM now, because there is one who knows them too and she is someone who I can even trust my life to.... 


....I just don't know if she'll ever trust me again.....

 

 


I need to call Jessica" she declared 

 

 


"Jessica-ssi? The Jung Jesica?? But isn't she in Hong Kong or some other country right now? And I thought that you guys were the least closest among the group and that she was mad at all of you for kicking her out?" Jiyong asked as he had read from the news about Jessica Jung leaving SNSD.


"The truth is among the group I was closest to her, the others just didn't know it because we don't show our closeness to other people. She is the next oldest after me so I always asked her opinions before we decided on anything. But forcing her out of the group was the most painful thing that I have ever done for our group and for her but I did it all to protect them... I wish I could tell them the truth but I can't, it's not time for them to know yet....  Did you know oppa, I was not included in their first list of members for the debut of SNSD and if I wasn't there Sica would have been their leader, maybe things would have been better that way." She sadly confessed to him.


"Don't worry Tae if she really knew you she would forgive what has happened and she would understand why you did what you did to her. And for what it's worth I think you make a damn good leader for So Nyeo Shi Dae. Without you your group won't be complete and without you they wouldn't be where they are right now, you brought them there Tae, you led them to the top" Jiyong said to try to cheer up the saddened Taeyeon 


"Thank you for your words oppa, I hope you're right. But SNSD is not only about me leading them, it's about all of us working together to reach the top. I am no one if not for my members" she said as she sighed sadly

 

"But on a different note, how will you contact her Tae? Do you still have Jessica-ssi's number?" He asked as a way to change their topic


"Aniyo, when she...uh....left our group she cut-off all contact with us. No phones, landlines, chatrooms, even our SNS was blocked and it would look weird if I suddenly asked for her number from our managers or from the SM staff but I will find a way oppa, I'll find a way, leave it to me" she said while trying to think of ways to contact her friend


"Okay if you say so,  I'll just go out for a bit and get some food in case we get hungry later" Jiyong told her but as he opened the door a little he suddenly stopped....

 

 

"Um Tae....." Jiyong called but she was deep in her thoughts

 


"Hey Tae....."

 


"Taeyeon-ah ....." he tried again


"Huh?? Eh? Oh sorry, what is it?" She asked when she realized that he had been trying to get her attention 

 


"Taeyeon, you know I don't believe in coincidences too much but this is just crazy. How sure are we that Jessica Jung is in another country??" He suddenly asked her while looking outside 

 


"What do you mean?" she asked him in confusion with his question

 


"Because I think your friend just came out of the funeral hall, and just as we were talking about her too. Oh and I hate to tell you this.... but her disguise is not working too well... or at all, anyone who knew her would recognize her right away" he said as he peeked out of the door of the side room.


Taeyeon didn't get what he was saying at first so she looked outside for herself....


She paled at what she saw....


Jessica..... she was in Korea.... she was here

 

And Taeyeon couldn't help herself anymore, she missed Jessica so much. She went out and threw herself at the girl as she passed by and cried

 

"Si-sica, I'm sorry, I'm so-so sorry....."

 

 


"Tae-taeyeon-ah?????"

 

 


-------------------------------

 

 


"Tae-taeyeon-ah?????" Jessica Jung finally said as she recovered from her shock at being hugged out of the blue by a stranger.


"Everyone has been looking for you!!!! Do you even know how frantic and worried the others are right now?? Why didn't you tell them where you were?? And what's this I hear about you running away with G-Dragon sunbaenim??? How did you even know each other???" Jessica exploded with questions as soon as she recognized Taeyeon.


"Jessica-ssi, Taeyeon-ah please come inside, your attracting an awful lot of attention right now" Jiyong suddenly said. The way he called Taeyeon didn't escape Jessica's ears but she chose to let it go for now as she dragged the still crying Taeyeon who was clinging on her inside the room.


"Now Kim Taeyeon explain." Was all Jessica said as they went in before Taeyeon grabbed her again and continued apologizing.


"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Sica... I'm really really so-sorry, I'll even kneel down and beg just....just... I'm really really sorry. I don't know if you'll ever forgive me but just know that I love you as my sister and that I would have done everything to keep you with us but....but...." She couldn't even finish her words as she cried unto Jessica's arms 


But she was shocked when Jessica hugged her back. 


"What the hell Tae??? Stupid stupid!! You're really stupid Taeyeon-ah!!!! Why did you hide it? Why keep it to yourself?! I thought we were as close as sister, why'd you hide something like that!!!??" 

 

"Wh-what do you mean Sica??" Taeyeon was dumbfounded by Jessica's questions 


"We know Tae. We were waiting for you to tell us. Did you know how hard it was to act how we did while watching you suffer alone from the truth. We know you Tae, we know that even if we ask you, you won't ever share your problems and would just show a smiling face. You may fool the world, but not us Tae...not us..." Jessica's voice and tone softened as she explained


"You knew....does everyone know?... ho-how?" Taeyeon asked as she looked at the girl in front of her.


"No, not everyone yet, it's just me, Fany, and Hyunnie. That day that when you went to the company's head office we knew that something was up so we followed you to the company, we heard you through the door of the conference room Tae. So don't apologize to me...never apologize. I should be the one thanking you. You carried all this weight by yourself and you didn't fail me Tae, you saved our group, you saved the name that we had worked hard for half of our lives for, so never apologize, i know you, remember? So i know you won't make decisions like that if there wasn't any reason behind it. I was hurt Tae, I was hurt when I was asked to leave the SNSD, but what hurt me the most was not leaving my group but leaving you and my sisters behind" 


"I... I didn't know how to tell you.... You know how bad I hate being weak in front of the girls and everyone. I'm SNSD's reliable leader, I should be strong and dependable, I should be the one helping you guys up when you fall and I should be the unnie that everyone can rely on..." Taeyeon continued as she cried.


"You are Tae, you are. But please don't carry everything by yourself, all 8 of us are always here to help you and to listen you know....even if you lost Miji unnie, we're still here so please stop crying Tae....okay?"

 

Despite her pleas, Taeyeon couldn't stop crying but this time because of relief as a heavy burden was lifted from her back

 

"Oh come on. We haven't seen each other for a long time and when we finally meet all you're showing me is you ugly crying face" Jessica said as she wiped the tears off of her face causing a bubble of laughter from Taeyeon.

 

"Now that you've calmed down I'm going back to my original question... Kim Taeyeon please explain to me why the hell are you in this room with The G-Dragon??" She asked Taeyeon once again but this time acknowledging Kwon Jiyong who was quietly staring at them from the side.

 

"Uhm.... ah..... er.... well he's umm..." Taeyeon tried to explain but she didn't really know how to start so she looked at Jiyong asking for help

 

"Jessica-ssi, uh... if you really want to know everything then you better sit down first, i'll...ah... I'll get us some snacks inside because this might take long and i'm getting hungry" he said while backing out through the door "I'll be back in a minute... you can kiss and make-up if you want.. and uh...try to catch up with each other's lives"

 

 

"Well....that was awkward..." Jessica said as Jiyong finally went out of the room as she turned to Taeyeon once again "Now spill."

 

"There's nothing to say Sica-ah because there's nothing between us..." Taeyeon defended


"Why do I feel like there's supposed to be a "yet" after what you said. Spare me from those crappy answers Tae, keep those for your interciews and shows. I know you Kim Taeyeon, you don't spend days with a guy you barely know, God knows how long it took you to warm up to the guys in our company, so don't you dare hide anything from me, i'll get his side of the story later. "

 

Taeyeon couldn't help but smile while looking at their situation, she feels as if she's back at their old dorm hiding out with Jessica from the rest of the girls

 

"Well I've known him for some time and apparently he's a close friend of the Choi's . We were actually able to meet and talk because of Minji unnie and Jin Woo oppa. We came together because we are in the same situation and...well that's it really. So I really have no juicy details to spill Sica" Taeyeon told Jessica but in her mind she almost told her "......and I think that.....i'm starting to like him......"


"Fine, if that's how you want to put it, but sooner or later Tae I'm gonna find out the real score between you two" Jessica smirked as she warned Taeyeon 


Just then Jiyong came back with his arms full of snacks and drinks


"Here Tae you can eat this and here.... um.... Jessica-ssi this is yours" he awkwardly said


"Stop being so awkward oppa, it's annoying. You can call me Jessica or Sica, just drop the honorifics, you're older than us anyway" Jessica told him, showing her cold attitude.


"Oh okay then...soooo.... What do you want to know?" He asked her


"Don't worry I'll take Taeyeon's word as the explanation for why you're together" she told him. 


And just us the silence between them started getting awkward once again


~~uwaaaah~~ uwaaahh~~~ ~~uwaaah~~


"Wha...." Jessica started to ask Taeyeon and Jiyong after hearing a baby  crying but they were already on the way to the small crib hidden beside the bed


"Is that Jiyeon-ah?? Why is she here?? Why do you have her? I thought that she would be put under the care of the social workers or in a shelter for kids when both of her parents passed..."


"You know her Jessica?" Jiyong addressed the shocked girl while Taeyeon carried the crying baby


"Taeyeon's not the only friend that Minji -unnie has in SNSD oppa, they're just closer than me and her, but we're friends too. Who do you think introduced them together?" She answered him. "But that doesn't answer my question why she's here with you"

 

"Well apparently we were named as the next of kin by the Choi's and they put up in their will that if anything happens to them Jiyeon would go to us....both of us" Jiyong explained to her


"Chincha??! Wow what a big responsibility.... Wait... you mean a shared custody? You do know the laws don't you??" She suddenly asked the both of them


"Huh??" 
"What do you mean??"


They both asked at the same time.


"What!! You just decided to take her without knowing anything??? Ugh you two stupid idiots. The only way that the court will grant you custody of Jiyeon is if you are blood relatives of the parents, but since you're obviously not, the only option is to adopt her... but the only way that you get to adopt her is if.....

 

 


....that is.....

 

 

 

if you get married....."

 

 

___________________________________

 


Okay just a quick update. Hope you like it. This was supposed to be part of chapter 5 but I thought that the chapter would be too long so I cut it up...well I was wrong hehehe. 

So now here's the part 2. Enjoy the update :) i'll be adding the other characters now... Starting with ice princess Jessica who we all missed from SNSD OT9. I'm a massive SONE so I just had to include her even if she's now under Coridel Ent. 

Let's all wait for the day that they all stand on the same stage, whether as friends or as rivals, as long as they are complete then it's fine by me!!