III.

Mix and Match

A/N:Their schedules and the scenes here don't necessarily coincide with their scheds in reality.

-----------------------------------------------


After a year

No one's POV


"You have a baby!!!!" Taeyeon shouted with glee as she went to visit her Minji unnie.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, I know you've been busy for your promotions but not being able to visit for a whole year makes me real sad. You know me and my husband don't have any real relatives since we both grew up in an orphange, but not being able to see you, who I've treated as a sister, was really depressing." Minji sulked as Taeyeon looked at her while carrying the baby.

"You know how sorry I am unnie, we had to go to other countries to promote and we were so busy all the time. You know that if I had a choice I would always try to sneak out to come here. And you didn't have to be so sad, that's why I call you whenever I had a chance right? And you didn't even tell me you had a baby!!"

"Well I wanted to surprise you when you come and visit" Minji unnie replied.


"By the way unnie what did you name the baby?" Taeyeon asked her


"It's Jiyeon, Choi Jiyeon, actually we named her after you and my husband's friend for being our family and for being always there for us"


Taeyeon was touched upon hearing the baby's name "Annyeong baby Jiyeon, I'm your Taeyeon-imo, it's nice to finally meet you" she whisered to the sleeping baby.

 


"Yeon-ah, do you really have to go home? It's not safe to go home alone in this weather." Minji voiced out her concern as Taeyeon insisted on going home despite the heavy rain.


 "It's fine unnie I'll just call a cab, and besides my house isn't that far. We have a schedule early tomorrow so I really have to get home."


Honk.honk.honk.


Was unnie expecting someone? "Unnie were you waiting for someone? I think somebody just parked in front of your house."

 

"Hm? Someone came? Oh, it must be Ji, Jin Woo said that he asked his donsaeng to check up on me while he was still in Japan for a meeting, will you get the door for him Taeyeon-ah? Thanks"

 

As the door opened both persons on each side could only stare at each other in disbelief.

 

"Ki-kim T-taeyeon-ssi??!!!!"

"G-Dragon-sunbae???!!!"

 

They both shouted at the same time startling the sleeping baby from her slumber

 

Uwaaah~~ uwaaah~~ uwaaah~~~

After they settled inside the living room Minji was able to pacify the crying baby while the two top idols were still feeling awkward in each other's presence..


"Why is she here? How did she know Minji noona? Are they related? Ani, that's impossble, the Choi's don't have any known relatives."A lot of questions rushed into Kwon Jiyong's mind "arrgghh why didn't hyung tell me about her??" But this thought trumped over everything else.


Meanwhile Taeyeon was still talking to herself and calming her heart down "yah! Kim Taeyeon what are you doing? This isn't the time to panic, he's just an oppa who you have secretly crushed on since...." then she mentally slapped herself from diving into those thoughts.

 

"G-Dragon-sunbae, seeing as your here then you must be the Choi's friend so I ask you not to tell anyone we've met in case it leads to a misunderstanding"

"What do you mean Taeyeon-ssi?" Jiyong asked her although he already suspected about her reason.


"It's just that nobody in our company, even my members and our managers know about my friendship wdith Minji unnie and Jin Woo oppa, and I mean to keep it that way"


"But why? Wouldn't it be easier to see them if the others knew where you went?" he asked as his curiosity overpowered him


"I know... it's just that this family is the only thing that lets me feel normal" Taeyeon answered truthfully " you understand the pressure of being a leader right? And of always being in the limelight, we barely have time for ourselves and we almost have no privacy of our own."


Jiyong understood her all too well being a leader himself. 

"Don't worry Kim Taeyeon-ssi your secrets are safe with me, and for the record, no one knows about the Choi's on my side as well so you don't need to worry about that" 

Jiyong 's words somehow disolved the anxiety Taeyeon felt and they started to feel comfortable although they were still awkward with each other since they haven't really talked even though they were in the same music industry, well mainly because they came from two rival companies SM and YG.


Thankfully Minji came back from the nursery.


"Thank you for coming by, both of you. It was nice catching up with you Tae but if you insist on going home in this weather i'll have to ask Jiyong to take you back. Would it be fine for both of you? Tae? Ji?"


"What????!!!!!"

"Wae????!!!!"

The both stood up and exclaimed in shock. 


"What? Why, is there something wrong between you that you can't ride on the same car?"


"Ani unnie, what if our fans or the reporters see us? We could have a scandal in our hands, Big Bang's leader driving around with SNSD's leader." Taeyeon could only sigh with her explanation, it's really hard to be an idol. Although their status has it's perks they can't even meet their friends without making a scandal and they can't go out for fear of being overwhelmed by their fans.


Jiyong understood Taeyeon's fear and thought that the fans would find the fact that G-Dragon is the one with Kim Taeyeon more scandalous than when she goes with other artists since he doesn't really have a good reputation in the netizens eyes.


"Do you really think that reporters or your fans would be able follow you, much less see you in this weather? Don't worry too much. Oh and Jiyong thank you for stopping by. I'll be alright your hyung is just overacting, I can stay by myself and I won't feel lonely with Jiyeon to occupy my time."


The two idols couldn't argue with their elder's reasoning and they couldn't come up with anymore reasons to stay longer so they just said their goodbye and got ready to leave.


-----------------------------------


It was really awkward in the car with both of them thinking on ways to break the silence between them.


"So...."
"Um....."

They both started at the same time, talk about awkward huh.

 

"You go first Sunbae" Taeyeon said to him

 

"So... ah... Taeyeon-ssi how long have you known Minji noona and Jin Woo hyung?"Jiyong asked as an attempt for small talk


"Oh....I met unnie when I was still a trainee while she introduced Jin Woo oppa to me when they were still dating. How about you?" She asked back.

"I met him after our debut actually and you know what's funny? He didn't even know me nor our group at first" 

"Really? Heol, daebak!! So there really is someone who didn't know about Bigbang back then" Taeyeon exclaimed in surprise.

"Just to clear this up, he didn't know us because he hardly had time to rest and listen to some music, much less watch our shows" Jiyong said as he tried to defend his pride while Taeyeon laughed beside him.

 

At least their awkwardness vanished as they talked.


"Oh and Taeyeon-ssi since we've already spent time with each other you can call me Jiyong or oppa or whatever you want to call me, let's drop the formalities okay?" 

Taeyeon only smiled silently as they reverted into a now comfortable silence while listening to the radio music...


A few minutes later...

 

"You can drop me here, thank you for the ride!!!" 

Taeyeon asked to be dropped by the corner a block away from her house just in case fans or reporters see her getting down from G-Dragon's car and cause a scandal.


"Be careful on your way Taeyeon-ssi, and good luck on your promotions, I loved your new song by the way" Jiyong cheerfully added as Taeyeon stepped out of his car


Taeyeon half turned and said her thanks.


"Oh and I thought we agreed to drop the formalities?" She a little.


"Goodnight then... Taeyeon-ah...."


"Goodnight as well... Jiyong-oppa" said Taeyeon before she turned around aroud quickly to hide her blushing face at hearing him say her name.

 

Badump. Badump. Badump.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Duguen.

 

Yah heart stop beating so much what's wrong with you? They both thought as their hearts beat crazily while they recovered from each other presence.

 

 

-------------------------------------------


Wow I didn't know my story would attract many subscribers!! Thank you for subscribing  I apologize for any errors I made in writing this as English is not my primary language and I apologize for the short update. Well, please stay tuned for more updates and I hope you enjoy reading. All hail GTAE fans!!! hehe