XV. Jiyeon and Jessica

Mix and Match

"Aunt Jessi wakey wakey!!!!" Jiyeon shouted trying to wake up her Aunt Jessica who was still floating in dreamland


"Aunt Jess! Aunt Jess! Come on!!!! Letsh gooo!!! You promised to play with me!!!! Come onnnm~~" she tried again jumping on the bed to wake up Jessica but her Aunt just rolled over. The little girl was getting frustrated because she was so excited to play little did she know that her aunt was just pretending to be asleep then without any warning Jessica rolled around and caught the little girl tickling her on the bed. "Gotcha!!!" 


"Hahahah Aunt Jessi it tickles!!!!" Jiyeon's screamed with glee


"Hahaha that's what you get for waking me up! Now go and wake halmoni and haraboji, we'll eat breakfast first before we go out"


The travel to Hong Kong had been hard for Jessica because she had to hide Jiyeon from reporters and fans, good thing that her parents met them at the airport before the reporters got wind of her arrival so no one asked questions regarding the girl being carried by her mother. It was also not hard to explain the circumstances to her parents since their family was close and she and Krystal grew up sharing everything to their parents. Jiyeon also kept her promise to her parents to behave  and listen to what her Aunt Jessica says and although sad to be apart from her eomma and appa, she was too excited seeing lots of new things since they could rarely go out because her parents were popular.

 


"Sooyeon-ah be careful when you go out with Jiyeon later okay. People might recognize you even though you're not in Korea" Jessica's father said once they sat down for their breakfast 


"Wae? You're not coming with us? I thought we would tour together" Jessica said disappointed that her parents won't be joining them, it has been long since she's been with them so she thought that they could spend the whole week together even though they are in Hong Kong for a business trip.


"We'll join you some other time. We'll just walk around today before heading to our meeting. We are too old for amusement parks anyway so you go and enjoy it with Jiyeonnie." Her mother answered as she fed Jiyeon. Both of Jessica's parents easily grew fond of the young girl as she was bubbly and no one can really resist her charms. 


"Okay okay but meet us for dinner eomma" Jessica said. She had already made plans for their trip when she found out that Jiyeon would be coming with her. Usually when she goes to another country she just lazes around in bed to relax and would only go out to go shopping but now she had an energetic kid to take care of.

 

 


"Jiyeonnie do you know where were going??" she asked the excited kid sitting beside her in the cab who was busy looking outside the window. 


"Umm..amushment park!!!" 


"It's amusement Jiyeonnie not amushment haha" Jessica corrected the girl amused


"Amus-amush-amuse.... Ah...park! We're going to the park!" Jiyeon shouted giving up on correcting her previous words making her aunt chuckle.


"Neh~~! We're going to Disneyland!! We'll take lots of pictures and buy souvenirs for your eomma and appa later okay!" 


"Yesh!!!!" 

 

 

 


~-Riiiiiing-~ ~-Riiiiiing-~ ~-Riiiiiing-~


"Oh Taeyeon-ah!! Annyeong!  wait I'll put Jiyeon on" Jessica said as soon as she answered the phone "Jiyeonnie eomma's on the phone"


"Eomma!!!! We are in Dishneyland!!! We ate cotton candy and ice cream!! Aunt Jessi also bought me a little Mickey Mouse stuff toy! We also rode a teacup and a caro-carou-a horsey eomma! We rode a horse that goes round and round!! We also saw Mickey and Minney and we watched a parade with lots of people there were even squirrels, but Aunt Jess said they were chipmunks. Eomma there's a real castle here!!" the young girl excitedly relayed to her mother on the phone "Aunt Jess took lots and lots and lots of pictures!!! We also got souvenirs for you and appa and Bae appa and Krys Eomma and Joohyun eomma!"


"Thank you baby. You sound like you are enjoying your trip with  Aunt Jessi. Are you behaving well? Listen to Aunt Jessi and to Halmoni and Haraboji arraseo?"


"Yesh eomma!!" 


"Okay baby can you give the phone to Aunt Jessi?" Taeyeon asked her daughter sweetly


"Hey Taeyeon-ah how is it? Has everything been cleared up?" Jessica asked when she got the phone back from Jiyeon. There were inside a restaurant for some light lunch, she figured that Jiyeon won't be able to eat much if she would keep asking to try all the food she sees.


Taeyeon sighed from the other line "not yet Sica, they're still trying to find out who it is, same with Jiyong's side. Manager oppa said that according to the company unless the one's who were dating revealed themselves, they won't let us out...."


"Aish, really those people. It's not as if you are young idols who recently debuted. They've been milking us off for years and they still threaten to disband SNSD. They didn't stop at kicking me out now they want to cut you off too? The nerve!" 


"Chill Jess. I know I couldn't stop them from pushing you out but this time I would do anything to stop them." Taeyeon answered to the angry girl "now please Jess don't spoil my daughter too much, her father already spoils her enough" 


"Haha yeah yeah, it's not as if I could say no to those puppy dog eyes, if I didn't know better I'd say she was yours and Jiyong's biologically, she has both your bossiness and your irresistible cuteness haha"


Taeyeon couldn't agree more, if she wasn't around she was sure that Jiyong would have a hard time to say no to their daughter. "I know what you mean hahahaha. I'll call again later, were in the building and I don't want anyone hearing me. Thanks again for taking Jiyeon. Bye Jess, you two enjoy your trip. Be careful Jess and make sure the reporters nor the fans don't recognize you, that could be messy. Oh and give her a kiss for me okay? It's only been two days and I already miss Jiyeonnie"


"Anytime Taeyeon-ah you know I'll always be here when you need me. Bye!!" Jessica said as they ended the call.


After lunch the two of them continued playing and going to different rides that would allow Jiyeon's age, which were only a few but nonetheless they enjoyed looking around and watching other people on the other rides.


"Jiyeonnie are you tired? Come Auntie will carry you. It's time for us to meet with halmoni and haraboji" Jessica said as she saw the girl trying to hide her yawns from where they sat as they watched  the fireworks. Jiyeon gladly crawled to her lap and within a few minutes was already snoring lightly.


"Aigoo....you should have told me earlier if you were tired...." Jessica soflty whisered to the sleeping girl as she carried her and their things out of the park to the loading area where the cab she called to pick them up earlier was waiting.

 


When they arrived at the hotel Jessica's parents were already waiting thankfully Jiyeon already woke up in the cab so Jessica didn't have to carry her in along qith all their purchases "eomma!! Could you call a bellhop. We have a lot of things in the trunk"


"Wae did you buy the whole park store?" Her mother teased knowing her daughter's addiction to shopping "if you already bought that many rhings on your 1st day just how much baggage will you have when you get back in a week!!" Her teasings made Jessica laugh as she knew her mother may have predicted right, she was gonna have to ask someone to pick them up when they get to Korea with all their luggage.

 

"Call Youngbae when you arrive okay? I think he's the only one who could take your shopping addiction. If only you brought him here with you, it's been so long since we last saw him" her father advised while carrying Jiyeon as they walked into the hotel restaurant.


His words made Jessica look down sadly. She still didn't have the heart to tell her parents that they broke up, he was well received by her family and they sometimes even trusted him more than her repeatedly telling her that he was someone she shouldn't let go of. "Yeah.....sure...." she answered unsurely. Her mother immediately noticed her sadness and discomfort at the subject so she decided to set aside the subject and asked how their day was instead.


All throughout their meal Jiyeon was excitedly sharing everything she saw and did for the day, mixing up her words and speaking so happily that the adults understood little of what she said but her happiness could clearly be seen by the three and they couldn't help but smile.


Jessica's parents decided to sleep in early as they still have a lot of things to take care of so She headed up as well with Jiyeon. 


"Jiyeon-ah tomorrow do you want to see a panda?" she asked the little girl snuggling beside her on the bed.


"Panda? What is panda Aunt Jess?" Can Jiyeon eat them?" Jiyeon asked her cutely


"No Jiyeon-ah you can't eat pandas" she answered laughing at the girls frowning face "pandas are black and white bears like your favorite pajamas" Jessica explained


"Like thish?" Jiyeon asked showing her the bear print on her pajamas


"Yes like that but only bigger. So would you like to see them?"


"Yesh!!! Jiyeon likes bears!!" the girl replied excitedly


"Arraseo~~ then tomorrow we'll go to Ocean Park. Then we'll go shopping okay! Auntie will buy you lots of toys and clothes!"


"Neh~~~" Jiyeon answered "Aunt Jess can you sing me a song? Eomma sings me a song when I sleep or appa reads a book." Unable to say no to her pleading eyes Jessica sang her a song to sleep, what's the use of having Aunts who are singers if they don't sing their nieces to sleep right?

 

And so for the rest of their trip Jiyeon and Jessica spent it touring and shopping, Jessica of course getting whatever the girl wanted. Her parents joined them for the last days before they had to return to Korea. They went to the Ocean Park where Jiyeon was amazed by the color and the vast number of fishes. She also did get to see the pandas and stressed Jessica out by her pleas and her tears because she wanted to take one panda home as a pet. They also rode a cable car to Ngongping Village, having a bird's eye view of Hong Kong from high up in the mountains. They walked through the Avenue of Stars, copying the statues and taking pictures with the Hong Kong skyline behind them. Of course Jessica didn't miss  out on her usual shopping, hopping from mall to mall to buy clothes and dresses for Jiyeon and for herself. They also bought lots of souvenirs from the places they've went to. And Jessica got the Kwons some matching outfits, she dreamed of wearing one herself when she has her own family but since Taeyeon was the first one to get married Jessica buys them a gift as post wedding gift as she wasn't able to give them anything but offer free babysitting.


Taeyeon also didn't miss a day to call Jiyeon during the morning or at night, same thing with Jiyong who made it a point to greet their daughter good morning and good night everyday. Their calls lessened Jiyeon's anxiety of being away for too long from them so she was able to fully enjoy the trip and she also made sure to tell her eomma and appa everything they did and where they went, where they ate, what they bought and anything she thought about. 

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

"Sooyeon!!" Someone called as soon as they stepped out of the airport back in Korea, Jessica pushing the trolley with their tons of baggage. Looking around in case someone recognized her, she turned to where the voice came from.

 

"Yo-youngbae oppa? What-what are you doing here? How'd you know we were coming?" she asked  stuttering 


"Your parents called me to pick you up, they said thet you might need a ride when you arrive and that they would feel assured if I was the one to pick you up.....so here I am. And seeing all your luggage....you went all out again with shopping didn't you" he ended chuckling


"Well it's not mine alone! Jiyeon's things are also there. Aish stop laughing oppa!!" She said stomping her foot like a kid in annoyance


"Arraseo arraseo. Now get in my princess, I'll put your luggage at the back"


Jessica's heart sped up and she blushed as he called her his princess, it was what he called her when they were still together....it's been so long since he heard that from him.... she immediately rode into the front seat sitting Jiyeon on her lap while Youngbae loaded their things "calm down Jessica calm down" she told herself while fanning her face a little 

 


"So where to? Your house or do you need to stop by somewhere else?" He asked as soon as he sat down on the driver's seat


"My-my house. They'll be picking her up later" she answered still not looking at him. Noticing her tenseness Youngbae simply nodded before driving off.


An awkward silence enveloped them in the car as Jiyeon fell asleep in Jessica's arms as she hummed to let her sleep soundly.

 


"You look good with Jiyeon Sooyeon-ah. I think being a mother would suit you" he said to break the silence. His words making Jessica glance at him but still not replying to his attempt at a conversation. But his next words made her stop her humming and fully look at him  "I....I missed you" 

 

 

 


"......same here....oppa...I've missed you..." she slowly answered as she turned back her eyes on the road not daring to look at his expression 

 

 

"Will you give me another chance Sooyeon-ah? I....I love you...." he asked also not looking at her

 

 


"....still oppa? You still love me even though I broke up with you without listening to you first? Even though I was a fool not to trust you enough? You still love me oppa?"

 

 


"I never stopped loving you Jung Sooyeon....and I don't think I ever will....so....will you give us another try?" He asked seriously, parking the car at the side of the road to look at her.


"....but....why?" she asked her eyes watering 

 

"what do you mean why?" He asked wiping her tears 

 

"Why......why do you still love me? Why did you love me in the first place oppa?..... Even I know that I'm stubborn and I'm bossy, I was even mean to you before..... So why me?" she asked with her face now covered in tears


"Jung Sooyeon, do you remember what I told you when you rejected me the first time? How about the second time? Or the third?" He asked seriously 


"Yah oppa! You don't need to remind me how many times I rejected you...." her words made him laugh a little before he continued 


"Let me finish. Do you remember all those times? Everytime you rejected me I told you that you can never push me away, everytime you push you are just pulling me closer to you. I love you Sooyeon, do you really have to ask me why? Yes I love you even though you're stubborn and bossy and mean and cold, even though you're so loud and you nag like my mother, even though you love shopping so much that I look like your assistant everytime we go out because of all your bags. And even though you doubt yourself, I'm telling you I love you. Because believe me when I say.... You are a woman that isn't hard to loce Jung Sooyeon" 

 

".....oppa...." Jessica answered openly tearing  but now with a smile on her face

 

Silence followed his words but this time the awkwardness was gone as they drove on in the quiet comfort of each other's presence 

 


"seriously oppa.....I really don't know how to react to that.... with just that sentence you confessed to me and insulted me at the same time!" she said breaking up the silence between them "and please, I may be loud and noisy but I don't nag!" 


"Yeah you do! Haha" he retorted now laughing at the memory "remember the time I sent you a bouquet? During one of your concerts? You didn't even thank me but nagged and even scolded me." 


"That was different oppa!! Do you know how big the bouquet was? It was so big that the door was blocked and I don't even know how we managed to bring it back to the dorms! We even gave some of the flowers to the other staffs and some of our friendly neighbors because we didn't have enough vases for them!!" she bit back before laughing as well as they reminisced their past

 

 


"Well here we are Sooyeon-ah. You can go in first I'll get the bags" 


"Sure you don't need help oppa? Our bags may be too much for you alone"


"Yeah I'm sure" he said smiling at her as he assisted her to the door carrying her bag since Joyeon was still sound asleep in her arms. 


As she opened the door Youngbae held her back and asked her in all seriousness "we're back aren't we?" All he got was a smile until she reached up with one hand, grabbed his shirt and pulled his face lower kissing him. Youngbae tensed up in surprise and did not respond as she pulled back still smiling at him "yeah oppa.....I guess we are" 


He recovered from his shock at the sudden kiss quickly and as he was about to pull her back the door suddenly opened from the inside revealing Taeyeon and Jiyong.

 

"Surprise!!!!! Welcome back!!!! Belated happy birthday Sica!!!!!" Taeyeon shouted as they opened the door with Jiyong behind her but the two outside just stared at her, frozen in place with their bodies close enough to touch 


It was Jiyong who broke the suddenly awkward atmosphere "uh.....wrong timing?....." 

 

"Sorry" Taeyeon followed up realizing that they might have interrupted the two but didn't attempt to close the door or move. She instead raised her brows teasingly at her friend.

 

 

"Ugh Kim Taeyeon don't start!" Jessica said blushing hard as she got over her shock.

 

 

 

____________________________________________


A/N: 

Sorry for the late update! I got busy with work since our school recently implemented the K-12 program and we had to process a lot of admissions. 


Thanks for reading!!! By the way this update is only the POV of Jiyeon and Jessica, wait for the next one which will be Taeyeon's and Jiyong's. Oh and the next couple will be revealed on the next update so stay tuned~~~~!


P.S 
Sorry if it's short because the first part was made with the POV of Jiyeon so for her because of all the things they did, she wasn't able to feel lonely or sad away from her parents and enjoying her trip with her Aunt Jess made the week feel like a short time for her. Well that was just my idea. Also I didn't know how to make their trip seem exciting when Jessica is seen in reality as someone who usually sleeps in, lazes around and loves shopping wherever she goes. 

 

I tried putting in the picture of the clothes she bought them but they won't show up So just use your imagination or search the internet for family clothes set that would match them, even matching bpajamas hehe.


Oh and I gave Jessica and Youngbae a little moment of their own so you guys wait for what he would do for Jessica later. And again wait for the GTAE moments okay!!! :)