XVIII

Mix and Match

All Of Me by John Legend could be heard from the car's speaker as they danced in the empty park, not minding that they were alone with the grass as their dance floor and the headlight of their car as their spotlight. all that mattered in that moment was each otheras they swayed to the music. the King and Queen of the KPop dancing without a witness with the moon and the stars as their audience.

 

"i'm sorry I couldn't dance with you earlier....."

 

"Don't worry oppa.... I know that the two of us dancing together would spark another rumor. we can't possibly have that if we want to keep us a secret" Taeyeon replied as she continued dancing with her husband

 

"Still, I'm sorry I danced with other girls in front of you..." Jiyong said apologetically remembering her face when he saw her watching him earlier

 

"I said don't worry about it oppa, we've talked about this before. we have to do everything we can so that we wouldn't get discovered and if that includes you going clubbing or hanging out and dancing with other girls then it's alright with me" she replied

 

"Your trust in me is overwhelming Yeon-ah" Jiyong muttured staring at his wife's smiling face

 

"I have to live with you for the rest of my life remember? Hahaha so I really don't have a choice"

 

"But still........"

 

"We're dancing now aren't we oppa? You've more than made up for earlier " she said stopping him from apologizing once again "and oppa the fans are catching up on our SNS once again, I think we may have to refrain from posting pictures that they may be able to link to the two of us, although their imaginations in how we could be linked is astounding. GTae shippers and our haters are really tough to hide from don't you think so? The one time I wear my ring on my finger because te chain broke off and they were able to get a icture, they even found a picture of you wearing yours"

 

"I think sao as well. their imagination and thinkingis of a different level. And GTae? What's that?" he asked

 

"It's our......um..... couple name.... you know... G-Dragon and Taeyeon...... GTae"

 

"Heol. Daebak. Seriously, we have a couple name? Our fans are serious about shipping us aren't they. Incredible" he said surprisingly happy to hear that some people woud like them to be together

 

They continued dancing in silence both of them enjoying the peaceful moment as they arms rested on each other.

 

 

"You know, you're  surprisingly good dancer Mrs. Kwon" Jiyong teased his wife breaking the silence between them and making Taeyeon laugh

 

"Well you are not so bad yourself Mr. Kwon" she replied pretending to act cocky

 

"Pfffft. Hahahahahaha look at us we look silly don't we?" he asked leading Teayeon to a final twirl as the song ended.

 

"You just noticed oppa? hahahaha. Anyone who saw us would think we're crazy dancing in an empty park" she said laughing with him.

 

 

".....say Tae.... would you like to take a walk?"

 

"er...sure why not? We are at a park anyway." she agreed as her husband locked the car. then without asking her, Jiyong held her hand in his as they started their stroll.

 

 

"......this is nice....." Taeyeon blurted out as they walked, their intwined hands swaying between them.

 

"What is?" Jiyong asked as he glanced t her from the side of his eyes. he was actually nervous about holding her handthinking that she might just be too shy to pull it back, thankfully she still haven't done so.

 

"This" she answered spreading her arms wide " ever since I've become a member of So Nyeo Shi Dae I've dreamed of having a normal life, it's not like I'm not thankful for what I've acchieved but.... well anyway I think you know what I mean... As I was saying, I dreamed of having a normal date with my boyfriend of my future husband without any worries of being dicovered, without having to worry about my schedules, and without having to wear a disguise in case reporters or fans spot me"

 

"Really?..... then we can make this our ritual. Whenwe have time, we can go for walks where people won't recognize us. We can go to other countries if you want. Then either Jiyeon would come with us if she likes or she can stay with her favoriteAunt Jessi, like now. Ugh I still can't believe that Jessica managed to brainwash our daughter into wanting to stay with her."

 

"Relax oppa. Of course she'll grow close to Jessica, they've bonded during their stay in Hong Kong. At least now we won't have trouble in thinking of where she would stay if we both need to leave like during our Phantasia tour"

 

Jiyong pouted at Taeyeon's answer, he really didn't want to leave their daughter to other people and he especially didn't want her to be attached to other people aside from him and Taeyeon, selfish much?


"Fine if you say so. But when the time comes that our group members and our companies find out about her, I'm never gonna find a babysitter, if I can bring her, I'll take her to all my schedules"


"Aish oppa, haha even if we find someone to babysit no one's gonna take her away. Chill down a little. And also, I also want to take her with me from time to time to play with my girls, you know how they are with kids"


"Oppa.... I met...... nevermind"


Jiyong was curious as to what she was going to say but decided not to push it when he saw how deep in thought she was. Now once again silence fell between them as Taeyeon got absorbed in her thoughts and Jiyong chose to appreciate the moment they were in while walking around the park. Their silence lasted until they reached back to where they parked the car.


"Shall we head home? You must be tired after all that dancing" Taeyeon teased Jiyong easing up the mood between them


"Haha okay then let's go, your highness" he answered back opening the door of the car for her


"Your highness? Where did you get that?" she asked


"Don't you remember how I keep goving you purple tulips? It means "you are my queen" Tae. Purple is a color of royalty" he said as he shut the door and went to the driver's side hastening so that she won't see his blushing face


"So cheesy oppa!!" she teased but her heart was racing and she was actually thankful that it was dark so he couldn't see how red her face was


"Hahaha humor me" he laughed shyly


"Fine. Then let's go my King. Our castle awaits our arrival" she replied laughing at their sillyness. Her laugh was so joyous that Jiyong couldn't help but join in as well.


"Now if only our princess would go home with us instead of staying with her ice princess of an aunt" he voiced out


"Sheesh let her be oppa. At least she's not bored at home with nothing to do. And just think of this in a good way, now we don't have to look for a trustworthy babysitter since we already have one!"


He just sighed at her reasoning knowing that she was right once again "Fine. But next time we have a weekend off, the three of us are going out on a vacation. Arraseo?"


"Whatever you say oppa, whatever you say" Taeyeon couldn't disagree with him knowing how childish her husband is when it comes to spending time with their daughter.
 



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So what exactly happened before that night? 😊


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 Days Earlier



"Eomma let's go to the playground!!" Jiyeon asked her mother who was preparing their snacks


"Baby we have one in the garden" Taeyeon answered


"But Jiyeon ish bored with appa's swing. Jiyeon want to play with other kids" the little girl answered grumpily. She was growing tired of playing alone and not being allowed to swim without anyone watching her.


Realizing what her problem was immediately, Taeyeon bent down on her knees to get to Jiyeon's eye level. "Jiyeonnie, if you want to play outside you'll have to wait for eomma to find and wear a disguise is that okay with you? I know you don't really like it when eomma and appa wear disguises"


"Um.....owkay..... hurry eomma!" Jiyeon answered after thinking for a bit making Taeyeon chuckle


"Okay okay. Wait for eomma on the couch okay. I'll get get ready"


As it turns out it wasn't the playground Jiyeon wanted, nor was she after having playmates because as soon as they reached the park she forcefully pulled her eomma to the ice cream shop on the park.


"Ice cream again Yeonnie-ah? Your appa buys you ice cream every other day already. Aren't you getting sick of them yet? If your Aunt Joohyun found out, appa and eomma will get scolded"


"But eomma, appa said that no one ever gets tired of ice cream!!" Jiyeon said defensively as she ate her second cup of ice cream. She managed to make her eomma buy it claiming that her first one didn't taste very good.


"Yeonnie please don't believe everything your appa says about food. He has an appetite of a kid so he thinks that anyone can never have enough sweets" Taeyeon told her as they sat doen on a bench but upon seeing her pouting face she immediately followed up "but having sweets once in a while wouldn't hurt anyone."


Her follow up made Jiyeon's face brighten up hearing that she can still have sweets and ice cream "neh eomma!! I'll tell appa that we can inly have sweets sometimes and not everyday!!"


"Good girl" she answered smiling "wait for a bit here okay, eomma will get you some water. Don't move arraseo?"


But as Taeyeon came back carrying the bottles of water that she got from a nearby vending machine she was surprised at what - at who she saw sitting next to her daughter.


"Ki-Kiko-ssi? What are you doing her?"


"Kim Taeyeon-ssi it's nice to finally meet you" Kiko said as she stood up to bow lightly


"Ah...yes. It's nice to meet you too....." Taeyeon replied moving closer as she helped Jiyeon drink some water


"You have a beautiful daughter Kim Taeyeon-ssi. She told me she loves you and her Jiyong-app very much....."


"Um.....about that...."


"You don't need to explain Taeyeon-ssi. I.... I've already talked to Jiyong.... he told me to move on because he already has..... I just didn't want to believe him"


Her words made Taeyeon straighten up to turn and look at her "he....he told you about us?"


"No. It's not like that..... I followed him once and I saw how happy he was shopping for groceries with your daughter.... even with disguise I can always recognize Jiyong..... the way he smiled during that time...... I knew that he was  happy.....that having a family makes him happy. At first I didn't know who Jiyeon was until the next time I tried to follow him.... I heard her call him appa as he picked her up from the daycare. then there was you.... I was desperate... I loved Jiyong so much that I even wanted to rush to your house to demand an explanation and to know the truth...then I saw you come out to greet them in front of your house, Jiyeon rushed down from Jiyong to run to you... she happily ran to you to tell you that her "appa" brought her a new toy.... that was how I found out about your secret...about your family....and that too was when I finally knew that I really lost him"


"Do you know Kiko-ssi.... Jiyong said that he.....he wanted to marry you.... but you didn't want to yet because you loved your career. He didn't tell me but I could see how painful it was for him to think about it..... You know that he always dreamed of having a family right?"


"Yes I know.... Kim Taeyeon-ssi can I ask you something?..... Why?.... Why did you agree with this? Why marry him when you know that it could destroy both of your careers and everything that you've worked hard for? How could you take such risk?"


"Kiko-ssi you are also a celebrity. You know how hard it is to find something normal to keep you grounded amidst all the pleasantries of the entertainment industry. But you see for me it isn't really like that.... Yes I wanted to be a famous singer recognized by everyone but I didn't do it to gain money, I did it because singing is my passion. Same with Jiyong whose passion for music tops no one else's. We both love our work but both of us have dreams of having a normal family. So even if we lose everything, we are already ready because we have reached our dreams in music and now it's high time for us to move on to the next phase in life."


.

..

...


"I....I guess that's the reason why Jiyong chose you...."


"....actually he didn't really choose me..... It just kinda happened this way..." Taeyeon shrugged thinking back to how they got together


"Ani.... I've known Jiyong for a long time Kim Taeyeon-ssi. I know how he is towards other people so I can honestly see that the two of you are special to him... I kind of envy you actually, you are able to give him something that I couldn't. The way he smiles now.... even I was never able to see that even when we were together.... it's as if he's finally really happy now....you make him happy...."


"Um.....thanks?" she answered unsure if Kiko's words were meant as a compliment or something


"Don't get me wrong though. At first I wanted to get him back even if I had to resort to doing stuff that I know he'd hate me for..... but seeing him happy, more than he ever was when he was with me... I know that I can never take him from your side.....  Taeyeon-ssi it's not my place to ask this but.... please take care of him Jiyong, he may be stubborn and and may act stupid sometimes but he's loyal and once he finds something important to him, he does everything he can to protect it.."
 


"I.......I will........ Kiko-ssi does Jiyong know that you know?"


"No he doesn't..... and I'd like to keep it that way. He'll tell me when he's ready.... Goodbye Taeyeon-ssi, I guess I'll see you when I see you. And don't worry I can keep a secret." Kiko said but as she turned to go she bent down to Jiyeon's level "annyeong Jiyeon-ah~ it was nice meeting you. Don't tell your appa that you met Aunt Kiko okay"


"Neh!! Itsh our secret! Right eomma!!!" Jiyeon cutely turned to her mother


"Yes baby" she replied



"Oh and Kiko-ssi you can call drop the formalities with me. You can call me Taeyeon, Taeng, Tae or even Taengoo, whatever you like"


"Sure Taeyeon. And you can call me Kiko. So friends?" Kiko asked as she offered her hand


"Yeah sure friends" Taeyeon smiled as she shook Kiko's hand "maybe later I can brag to my friends that I'm friends with The Kiko Mizuhara"


"And I can proudly tell my friends that the world famous Kim Taeyeon of So Nyeo Shi Dae is my friend" Kiko replied smiling as she said her goodbyes. She wasn't really happy but atleast now she can finally start to move on from the man named Kwon Jiyong and maybe somewhere the one who was really for her would come.




"Letsh go home eomma, appa will be home soon!" Jiyeon told her mother who was still staring at Kiko's retreating figure.


"Ah..yeah.... So all you really wanted was to eat ice cream then and not to play."


"Uh yesh?" she cutely answered "Appa's swing ish still the best!"


"Haha. You really are like your appa. Fine let's go then. Do you want to help eomma cook dinner?" Taeyeon asked Jiyeon as they walked back to their house which was actually quite near to their house


"Neh~~ appa will like any food that Jiyeon makes!!" she proudly answered


"Really huh? Then let's get appa to taste it later" Taeyeon said as she thought of a little prank to teach her husband a lesson in spoiling their daughter with sweets.







"I'm home!!!" Jiyong shouted as he entered the house


"Appa!!!" Jiyeon answered running to her father and pulling him to the dining area "I helped eomma cook!!!!"


"Haha chincha?! Wow our baby is a big girl now, even learning how to cook!" He praised knowing that she was waiting for it


"Oh oppa can you set the table? I'm finishing up some side dishes" Taeyeon called from the kitchen


"Neh eomma!! Come Jiyeonnie we'll fix the table and we will get your chair" Jiyong said as he set the table while Jiyeon pushed her chair in place. Jiyong actually went to the mall to get a high chair for her since she wanted to eat by herself but couldn't reach the table.


"Appa here Jiyeon made this especially for you. Enjoy!" Taeyeon said brighly as she set a bowl of unappetizing kind of stew in front of Jiyong. It was made by Jiyeon with her assistance and their daughter insisted that it was for her appa and Taeyeon was all too glad to comply, so for her appa it is


"Ah..er thanks. Why don't we share it Yeon-ah I'm sure you'd like a taste as well" Jiyong nervously asked knowing immediately that Taeyeon was putting him on a tight spot with their daughter


"Ani!! It's for appa. Eomma already tasted it earlier so Appa has to finish this one. You said that it's bad to waste food remember!" she was excited to see her appa's reaction once he tasted it "eomma said that any food will taste good as long as it was made with love and Jiyeon loves appa!"

 

"Then let's start eating!" upon taking his firt spoon full immediately he regretted showing too much enthusiasm however seeing his daughter who was exitedly waiting for his reaction he couldn't darew to tell her the truth so he bit back his repulsion and smiled at her "it's good Jiyeonnie! did you really make this? wow!" thankfully Taeyeon, who was feeling guilty with letting Jiyeon "cook" for her appa, gave him a cup of water to wash down the taste

 

"Um....salty?" she asked but only recieved a small glare from her husband who was choking down all the food from Jiyeon's bowl as to not disappoint the little girl

 

"Ani.. not even a bit" he replied sarcastically as he drank glass after glass of water to flush down the flavor

 

"Are you thirsty appa?" Jiyeon innocently asked as she ate the food that Taeyeon placed in front of her

 

"Yes baby, appa was tired from practice and sweat a lot so he's really thirsty"

 

"Hmm~ here appa say ah~~" she ordered as she tried to feed him a morsel from her plate "Eomma is a good cook, Jiyeon wants to be good like Eomma"

 

"Yum, thanks Yeonnie!" he thanked her "Eomma is really great isn't she... Yeonnie-ah is it okay if appa don't finish the dish you cooked? If I finish eating this I won't have enough space in my tummy to eat Eomma's dishes"

 

"Itsh okay appa! I know eomma likes it when we finish everything she cooks"

 

 

 

 

"Is she asleep?" Jiyong asked Taeyeon as she settled down next to him on the couch for their movie night ritual

 

"Yeah, it took me two whole songs before she finally slept" she replied tiredly "sorry about earlier by the way. You know how she is, when she wants to do something she does it whether we like it or not"

 

"It's okay.... by the way did your group also recieve the invitation for the party tomorrow? I heard that a lot of idol groups were invited" he asked remembering his conversation with their manager after their recording

 

"Oh so your comany recieved them as well. So Nyeon Shi Dae and the other groups from SM were invited. They told us that the party would be really exclusive for celebrities that not even the media were informed. It's like a reward to all the idols for our hard work according to our manager"

 

"I guess I can't dance with you then? With all those people watching...." he said sadly

 

"Oppa, we're not even supposed to be friends. It's okay I know your image is that of a chick magnet or something and that you are usually the life of the party so for tomorrow night you don't have to hold back and just have fun like you used to. I won't mind. We have to be extra careful with our interactions...and oppa we can't wear our rings just in case someone recognizes that we have a pair" deep inside she was really bothered that she would be in the same room with not only her husband but also her ex and a whole lot of people who would be surprised or pissed, depending on how close they were to her, if they found out about them

 

".....but if we're both there then what about Jiyeon? Who would look after her?" Jiyong asked thinking about their daughter who would be alone for the night

 

"Actually I was going to tell you about that because I already explained to Jiyeon about the party and do you know what she answered?" she asked smiling to herself

 

"Let me guess... she wants to stay with her Aunt Jessi again didn't she?"

 

"Haha good guess and not only that, she already made me call Jessica to confirm that it was alright... Jessica will pick her up in the morning. Imagine that, our ice princess Jessica who loves to sleep more than anything, waking up early to pick up Jiyeonnie"

 

Jiyong only sighed in response before pouting "thank her for me as well then tell Jess that we'll pick her up as soon as we get home then arraseo"

 

"Yes boss!!" she replied laughing at her husbands possessiveness towards their daughter.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

 

Sorry for the loooong wait. I hope you like this chapter. I was surprised when Jiyong and Tayeon's rumor came back up once again and also the interview that Jessica had where according to her she still has contact with some of the girls. haha It matched up with some parts of my story. yey!!! Sorry if I didn't put in anything about the party, I tried to imagine it but I couldn't since I keep thinking that they wouldn't have any interactions. But I'll be putting it on flashbacks if it fits with the storyline. hehehe

Thanks for subscribing!!! And stay tuned for more about about the life of the Kwons!!!

BTW: I also didn't like a mean Kiko so I made her nice here. Accapting Jiyong's situation because of her love for him and choosing to let him go without a fight. We'll get to see her again later, maybe but as a friend. Oh and the next cuple will be revealed on my next update so watch out everyone and you can guess who it is already..... I think. :)

Sorry for all the hints if they come out as spoilers because I'm making up the story as I go, since if you remeber from the earlier chapter A/N I said that I accidentally deleted all the chapters I've written hehe. I also apologize for any mistyped/mispelled words and wrong grammars I've made. :)