Loving can Hurt

Again and Again (자꾸자꾸)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*DISCLAIMER:

CHARACTERS AND EVENTS ARE INSPIRED BY T-ARA, CHARACTER NAMES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

PLOTS AND STORY ARE WRITTEN THOUGH AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW AND IS A WORK OF FICTION. 

ANY SIMLAIRTY IN CONTENT IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL, NO PLAGIARISM INVOLVED. 

 

A/N: I know some of you don't like reading author's note at the end so I'll write some important comments here before the story. I know there isn't much moments for Minyeon in this fic, and I hope you guys will forgive me for it.

When I first started this fic, my first MinYeon fic. I got the inspiration from what I see online. Through variety shows of T-ara, fancams etc. I just realise that Minyeon drifts apart, although there are still some moments every now and then but it wasn't enough.

I read fics but there's only like a hundred minyeon fics out there, Minyeon tag has 203 stories and about 10 pages of stories but there's lesser, you'll never get pass page 4 or 5. It simply states 'no stories avaliable' or something. So I started writing, this fic to explain the reason for their lack of interation in real life. It's not really a happy fic, Hyomin just cries and drinks, it's painful and there's not much fluff and sweet interactions that many great Minyeon author's are able to produce in other fics, nevertheless I still hope you enjoy reading and waiting for the next chapter. 

I enjoy writing angst fics and I've done so in many one-shots that I've written about other pairing, you can check them out here.

I hope that my style of writing acceptable and I'll try do produce other Minyeon works with more moments in the future.

 

Meanwhile enjoy this chapter! P.s Don't be annoyed with Hyomin, there's a reason for her every action.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Hyomin stretched her body as the sun that shone brightly into her room, woke her up from her deep slumber. The room was quiet and she was alone. With Jiyeon gone on a cruise, filming for three months, Hyomin can’t help but miss the younger girl's presence. Everything seems boring without the younger girl around to live the mood, especially on day like this where Hyomin has no schedules.

 

The girl opened her eyes wide, realising that it’s almost noon she sat upright preparing to wash up but ended up failing badly as she found herself falling back down onto the comfy bed.

 

“Ahh~ I can sleep all day~” Hyomin screamed out to no one before turning on her phone to check back on the progress of her games.

 

The girl was hooked on the game and haven't realised that she’s been spending the last 30 mins playing. Hyomin was close to winning the game when a certain girl bust into the room, causing her to get shocked and ended up losing the game. Looking at the person who caused her to fail in the game badly, and realizing that it was just Eunjung she found herself screaming at her unnie.

 

“YA! Unnie! I lost the game!”

 

“Mianhae.. Are you alright?” Eunjung asked.

 

“Of course not! I just lost the game, I was so close to winning and now I’ve to start all over again!” Hyomin complained back.

 

“Not the game. I meant-” Eunjung was about to continue when Qri came into the room too asking the same question that was brought up earlier.

 

“Hyominnie, are you alright?” The oldest girl asked.

 

Hyomin stared back at both her unnies looking puzzled, she had no idea why the both of them were asking how she was feeling.

 

“I’m fine… Why? Did something happen?” Hyomin questioned the two.

 

“So you haven’t seen the news..” Qri said.

 

Hyomin sensed how awkward both her unnies were acting and went online to see what’s going on. 2 names were trending, the familiar name Park Jiyeon. And another, Lee Dong Gun. Thousands of scenario flashed through the younger girl’s head, was it something that’s related to the movie that they were filming, or perhaps the crew met with an accident on board the cruise. Fear and confusion filled her up. But never had she thought that the two were involved in a scandal.

 

The first article that she came across titled “T-ara’s Jiyeon and  Actor Lee Dong Gun reported to be dating”, there were even images of the two of them looking close. Hyomin was tried her best to not believe anything that’s written and tells herself that the pictures were nothing much. But the picture of Jiyeon placing Lee Dong Gun’s hand her cheeks ended up as Hyomin’s final straw. Hyomin felt her heart ache and her chest tightening, it has been some time since she felt this way as she had come to respect Jiyeon’s decision for not accepting her. But this was absurd, and somewhat too much for the girl to handle.

 

Scrolling to the next article, she felt her heart shattering. Titled “T-ara’s Jiyeon and Actor Lee Dong Gun confirmed to be dating.”, the article includes statement from both companies and it was revealed that the both of them were dating two months ago. Hyomin clutched onto her chest as the pain becomes unbearable. She was confused as to why it hurts so bad to know that Jiyeon’s happy with somebody else. Everything was too much for her to handle at the moment, as Hyomin felt her heart slowly ripping apart, she can’t help but feel betrayed knowing that the girl could just fall in love with someone that easily. Lee Dong Gun was thirteen years older that Jiyeon! Plus Hyomin was sure that Lee Dong Gun was nowhere near her level when it comes to showing how much love they have for the girl, yet Jiyeon would rather have him.

 

Looking at the statement, “They have feelings for each other, and have been getting to know one another.” Hyomin knew she couldn’t read through it anymore. Turning off her phone, she looked up to see Eunjung and Qri looking at her worriedly.

 

“Are you still sure you’re alright?” Qri asked once again, she was really worried for the girl knowing that Hyomin has the tendency to keep things to herself.

 

“I really am! Are you alright?” Hyomin replied and diverted her question to Eunjung.

 

“Surprisingly, I’m alright. I’m happy for our Jiyeon!” Eunjung exclaimed.

 

“Right? Jiyeon’s happy and that’s all that matter!” Hyomin tried her best to reply cheerfully and laughing it of. She laughed loudly, acting as if she wasn’t bothered by the news, but Eunjung and Qri continued to looked at the younger girl worriedly. It wasn’t funny anymore, Eunjung and Qri who was observing the girl from the start felt sad and pitied her, they knew that Hyomin was really affected by the sudden news. The two older girls moved forward and gave Hyomin a really tight hug, and soon Hyomin’s forced laughter was replaced with sobbings.

 

“Let it all out…” Eunjung said to the younger girl.

 

The room was filled with Hyomin’s loud cry as they remained in a tight embrace for a while. Boram and Soyeon who was standing by the door were also hurt as they see how broken girl was, they prayed silently, hoping that Hyomin would not take too long this time to recover back to her usual cheerful smile.

 

 

Hyomin’s POV

 

I’ve been spending days shutting myself inside the room. Curtains drawn, the air-con on full blast and I ended up removing all my cameras from the wine refrigerator I used and placed bottles of wines and cans of beer inside.

 

When there’s no schedules, I would spend the whole day in there, lying on Jiyeon’s bed taking in her scent, drowning myself in alcohol and crying out softly in the dark. The members didn’t know about it, I made sure the door was lock all the time. When there’s schedules, I would apply thick makeup to hide how hagged and wasted I looked.

 

Those long hours I spent in the room was lonely and cold, but it did helped quite a bit. Along with the alcohol and being able to cry freely, I felt just a little better after each session inside the room alone.I get to shut myself out from the world easily, I avoided looking at the news or hearing anything that has to do with Jiyeon. Although, I heard from Eunjung unnie that she was returing back the next week.

 

Entering the cold and dark room which reek of alcohol, I found comfort and relief. At one point, I doubted whether I was slowly going insane, but I decided to ignore it after all I was released back to the outside world every now and then when I had schedule. The lifestyle that I’m living right now wasn’t really good for my health, but at least it kept me sane in some ways.

 

Opening another bottle of wine, I drank from it directly. The room was pitch black and I couldn’t bother myself to search for a clean glass. After all I’ll be finishing the whole body anyway. Once again, the thought of Jiyeon and Lee Dong Gun slowly filled my head. It has a way of coming into my head when I least expect it to and slowly torture me mentally, and the only way to forget about it is to get drunk, cry and fall asleep. I finished the first bottle easily and went for something stronger that I had bought earlier, a small bottle of moonshine. I bought a few bottles when I heard that it was available for a limited time at a one-day only pop up store in Myeongdong.

 

Taking a small sip, I could feel it burning my throat. This stuff is too strong, and I knew no matter how desperate I was, it wasn’t a good idea to finish it all in one sitting. Placing it back into the box with other bottles I’ve gotten, I stuffed it into the refrigerator and opted for a can of beer. Before long, I found tears rolling down my cheeks. The pain was returning to haunt me once again.

 

Why am I so weak? Jiyeon must be happy right now, falling in love so easily with someone whom she just met, she must be really in love. I was there loving her for years, but she had never felt a thing for me, I was just a close sister. Yet, for a man who she was just getting along with, she found love.

 

I tried to reason myself to accept Jiyeon’s actions, but ended up feeling even hurt as I came up with reasons to be mad at her. It was now crystal clear, I was simply a girl who just can’t get over a failed rejection, a one-sided love, a love that’s filled with nothing but pain.

 

I lay on the bed quietly, the tears continue fall freely despite my countless attempts to wipe them away. Just then my phone rang, and a message came in from Manager oppa.

 

‘I need a representative from you all to attend the London Fashion Week, we have received many invitations for this event. You’ll be going alone though, there will be a korean stylist in London who will help you with makeup and all.’

 

‘The plane ticket is ready, whoever’s going will leave for London tomorrow night. I need a reply urgently.”

 

There was no reply from the other members, I lay the phone down and continued finishing my beer. The thought was tempting, I had to stop wasting my life hiding in the room, plus Jiyeon will be returning soon.

 

Returning in a few days time to be exa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter