Time

Again and Again (자꾸자꾸)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*DISCLAIMER:

CHARACTERS AND EVENTS ARE INSPIRED BY T-ARA, CHARACTER NAMES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

PLOTS AND STORY ARE WRITTEN THOUGH AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW AND IS A WORK OF FICTION. 

ANY SIMLAIRTY IN CONTENT IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL, NO PLAGIARISM INVOLVED. 

 

Author’s POV

 

Time. It is something many need, but they don’t realise it nor see the importance of it. With enough time, one can achieve great things. But with more time, it can also bring about one’s downfall, as with time more challenges may appear and as the challenges increases and accumulates it becomes a problem. At the end of the day, it comes down to whether one can make use of the time that they’ve been granted with.

 

The song ended and Hyomin was left with an aching heart. Everyone fell into silence as they had all noticed that something’s wrong with Hyomin, never had they seen the girl sing with so much emotion. Hyomin took a quick glance at the culprit of giving her broken heart, before deciding to head out to catch some fresh air. What she needed now is some time alone, to think. Years of feelings that had been kept hidden had finally been told to the younger girl. It was a relief for Hyomin, yet she had never expect the outcome of the confession to turn out as a rejection. Maybe she had a feeling that she would be rejected, seeing they way Jiyeon had been really close and comfortable with Eunjung. But the point was that Hyomin had been really hopeful that the outcome of her confession would bring an end to her years of unrequited love, she had nearly lost count the number of times she day dreamed about being together with Jiyeon as a couple. Being together 24/7, there would probably be no days where she feels tired working as long as she gets to be with her energy pill, Jiyeon. These fantasies of Hyomin made her looked silly as she stared into empty spaces at times and a smile would make its way onto her face, however she realises now that she was indeed silly. Fantasies are of one’s own, never will it be of reality.

 

Sighing for the tenth time, Hyomin clutched onto her chest and gave it a few hits with her clenched fist hoping the numb the pain that is continuously building up. All that she’s feeling now was pain building up which caused an uncomfortable stuffiness around her chest, it was as if her windpipe was blocked and air continues to build up in her lungs. It was a feeling that she had felt on those rare occasions, those nights where thoughts of Eunjung and Jiyeon ended up being together, happy and all while she ends up being alone filled her head. Hyomin looked up into the night sky observing the stars closely and did some slow and deep breathing. Crying out would have been s much better than to experience all this pain, yet she just couldn’t bring herself to let a single tear to fall freely let alone cry her hearts out.

 

“Unnie~”, the husky voice that used to catch Hyomin’s attention right away broke the silence. However there wasn’t any reaction from Hyomin this time round, the loving voice has somehow lost its sparks.

 

After tugging the older girl’s hands, Jiyeon had finally gotten the attention of her Hyomin unnie. But the attention that Jiyeon had gotten was nothing more than a lifeless blank stare. It hurts Jiyeon to see the state Hyomin’s in, it also brought guilt as she realises that she was the cause of Hyomin’s broken heart. Jiyeon knows that it was cold hearted to reject someone who had love you unconditionally for years, but it would definitely be better than to accept someone for the sake of not hurting them, and not for love. A painful rejection is better than a lie, Jiyeon feels that if she were to accept her Hyomin unnie’s confession, it will only be for the fact that she has feelings for the older girl too.

 

“Hyomin Unnie.. Give me more time.. Please..” The younger girl had now launched herself forward and pulled the older girl into a tight embrace. Despite rejections and all, there is no denying that with Jiyeon around, thing’s are a lot better. With that one sentence and tight embrace, Hyomin could feel those broken pieces of her slowly fixing themselves. Hyomin could only nod her head to agree to her Jiyeonnie who was now bawling her eyes out.

 

As Hyomin places her hand behind Jiyeon’s back, to calm the younger girl, she can’t help but wonder why loving someone has to be this painful and complicated. Isn’t loving someone suppose to be a happy process, why did her love had to be filled with tears and not laughters?

 

 

 

A year have passed by quickly since that heart breaking night, things have become a little awkward between Hyomin and Jiyeon since then. Hyomin have decided to give the younger girl ‘time’ that was requested, maybe 1 or 2 years and that’s it. After that, Hyomin would throw away any feelings that’s left for the girl. One has to be selfish for love, but Hyomin had realised that she had to draw a line before her selfishness for Jiyeon’s love backfires and threatens bonds she shares with the other members. The awkwardness and feeling of distance between Jiyeon and her had been noticed by some fans, they ended up as hot topics on forums and things may go out of hand, thus everything had to come to a conclusion by the end of 2 years. It has to, Hyomin knows that she couldn't allow her feelings to ruined the group’s future.

 

Hyomin became closer with her Qri unnie, the company decided that the two should be closer on-stage and provide fanservices for fans. And when off-stage, Qri looked out for Hyomin closely, asking the younger girl on how she’s coping from time to time along with their weekly chats. Hyomin was of course thankful for what her Qri unnie had done for her. If Hyomin’s awkwardness can be noticed by fans, it would not definitely go unnoticed for the other members. Thus, Boram and Soyeon being part of the group’s ‘mentor’ joined Qri by helping out with giving advices to Hyomin, not forgetting Jiyeon too.

 

For Jiyeon, other than getting help and advices from her Soyeon and Boram unnie. Her Eunjung eunnie had also been a great help. From what Jiyeon noticed, Eunjung did not know about the ongoing problem between Hyomin and her. Eunjung had just been a really good unnie looking out for her all the time. Like how the company had arranged Qri and Hyomin to be close on-stage, the same arrangements have been made for Soyeon and Boram, as well as for Eunjung and Jiyeon. Thus with the new arrangement, Jiyeon hardly gets any chance to even get close with Hyomin. Because if she was standing on the left, Hyomin would be standing far to her right, there was literally zero chances for Jiyeon to even start a conversation on-stage, and when they are alone in the room at the dormitory, it would be too awkward for them to even look at each other.

 

Things were not going well for Hyomin and Jiyeon, things are not improving in a way and time is running out for Jiyeon.

 

 

Eunjung’s POV

 

June 7 2013

 

Today is our maknae Jiyeon’s birthday, everyone finished our schedules early and went out to a restaurant to celebrate Jiyeon’s birthday. We arrived at a famous chinese cuisine restaurant and was ushered into a private dining room, everyone was having a good time including our birthday girl. Jiyeon was smiling brightly, enjoying the food and love everyone showered her with. It has been so long since I saw her smile like this.

 

Dessert is served after an 8-course meal, Boram unnie and Soyeon unnie went out to bring the cake. Leaving me, Qri unnie, Hyomin and Jiyeon in the room to continue eating.

 

“Jiyeon, Happy Birthday. This is my gift to you”, Hyomin’s voice broke the silence and I looked up to see her passing a nicely wrapped present to Jiyeon.

 

“Thank you Hyomin Unnie!”

 

Another bright smile broke out of Jiyeon’s lips and i can’t help myself but to smile too, /i don’t know why but I feel good knowing that this little girl is smiling happily. She looked gloomy for quite sometime and it’s good to know that she’s happy now. Jiyeon never looked good when she’s looking sad, Jiyeon’s character is more suited to be cheerful and playful, after all this kid’s only 20 years old.

 

“I’m sorry but I’ve something on and I’ve to leave now, you guys enjoy okay?” Hyomin broke the silence once again, this time even Qri unnie stopped eating and faced Hyomin who is already standing up, preparing to leave.

 

“Can’t you wait a little longer? You can leave after Jiyeon blows the candles.” I couldn’t take it anymore, after seeing the smile disappearing from Jiyeon’s face I felt that I had to make sure I get everyone to stay through this birthday party.

 

“It’s something urgent and important…”

 

“Even important than Jiyeon’s birthday?”

 

“Sorry..” And that was all Hyomin manage to say before walking out.

 

I can’t help but notice how Jiyeon had gone quiet and continue eating her mango pudding while looking down.

 

“It’s alright, Jiyeon ah. It must be something really important, you know Hyomin would never leave for no reason right? Plus she had never once missed your birthday, she’s always the one in charge of your birthday celebration.” I gave her a pat on the shoulder hoping it would get her to cheer up a little, getting only a few nods in response.

 

Although what I’ve reasoned with her was somewhat true, I was really disappointed wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter