A New Life

Again and Again (자꾸자꾸)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*DISCLAIMER:

CHARACTERS AND EVENTS ARE INSPIRED BY T-ARA, CHARACTER NAMES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

PLOTS AND STORY ARE WRITTEN THOUGH AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW AND IS A WORK OF FICTION. 

ANY SIMLAIRTY IN CONTENT IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL, NO PLAGIARISM INVOLVED. 

 

Author’s POV

 

It was a week since Jiyeon called back home to inform the other members about the good news, and today they were coming back. There were some mixed reactions when they heard the missing girl shouting into the phone that day. There’s definitely a sense of relief among them all, but of course there were some who were a little mad. Afterall they had no idea what happened, all that they understood was that Hyomin disappeared from the face of this earth for more than a year, no news, nothing. Everyone had been really worried, and yet Hyomin could sound so happy when calling back, they felt that the younger girl should at least feel a little apologetic.

 

However, at 7AM right now. The girls were in the dorm, along with their manager wide awake and waiting. Apparently, the two youngest girl will be arriving from London early in the morning and none of the girls were able to sleep the night before as they were somewhat anxious and excited to see their Hyominnie again.

 

The plane from London landed in Korea a few minutes ago, the two girl walked out from the airport quietly but reporters were everywhere. The good news about recovering back Hyomin had been announced by the company, and for some reasons the media had news about their return. Jiyeon held onto her unnie’s hands tightly and placed her free arm over Hyomin, pulling the girl in and closer to her. Assuring her confused unnie, the Jiyeon and Hyomin made their way quickly towards the black van that has been waiting for them. Upon getting inside the van, Hyomin greeted with an uncomfortable smile to the man behind the wheel, she had no idea who the guy is but she had a feeling that it was someone of importance.

 

She wasn’t quite sure, but the old Hyomin would see that this man is no less important than the CEO. It was one of the many managers in charge of T-ara. The manager oppa gave a warm smile and hugged Hyomin immediately, it was a sudden action but it had eased some tension in the air. Hyomin merely kept quiet and gave a nod, things were still quite new for the Hyomin, meeting people that she hadn't recognised but knowing that she’s meeting people who cared a lot about her and with Jiyeon around, things just seem to be much more manageable. Hyomin believed in the younger girl that came into her life once again and held her hand tightly throughout the trip back to the dormitory hoping that she will remember everything someday.

 

Jiyeon had called earlier to inform their arrival in Korea to the members but the girls have been sitting in the living room watching variety shows for the past hour. Not being able to sit still in the living room and wait any longer, Boram sneaked to the dining table and took a fried chicken wing that their Manager oppa had bought on the way here. Fried chicken in the morning isn’t really the healthiest thing but they have to make do with it since they were gonna celebrate Hyomin’s return. The girls saw what Boram did and one by one they made their way to the kitchen quietly without alarming their manager oppa who was dozing off in his seat.

 

The girls in the kitchen were busy having their early breakfast and fighting over the food when a loud familiar husky voice broke the noises coming from the girls who were munching down the fried chicken.

 

“Unnieeee~!!!”

 

Everyone who was busy devouring the fried chicken dropped everything at hand immediately and rushed outside to see Jiyeon standing there smiling brightly, and behind the maknae was Hyomin. Despite all the mixed feelings and reactions that the girls were having earlier, everyone of them rushed up to the long lost girl in tears. Every single one of them missed Hyomin badly, days in the dorm just doesn’t seem as exciting without the dorky girl around to live up the mood.

 

Jiyeon who was standing at the side decided to join in too and the girls ended up in a big group hug in the middle of the dormitory. It was an emotional moment for the girls and he sobbing sounds from them filled the whole living room, which helped woke their manager oppa who was dozing off earlier. He got up right away and gave the girl an embrace after the girls broke apart.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Hyomin greeted loudly. The way Hyomin greeted them was different and it was noticed right away, it was puzzling for everyone else in the room other than Jiyeon. The room ended up becoming a little awkward for Hyomin.

 

“Hyominnie, where were you all this while? Everyone was worried!” Qri spoke out first, ignoring how weird Hyomin was acting. But it didn’t work out like she wanted, Hyomin merely kept silent and looked at Jiyeon desperately for help.

 

“I’ll explain on unnie’s behalf later, can we all eat now~~? We’re starving!” Jiyeon quickly stepped in to speak and change the topic.

 

Everyone had a great time eating, the food was delicious. For Hyomin, the taste of the food sends a tingling sensations to her body it was as if her taste buds just got reminded on how chicken should taste like. Hyomin knew she had tried the dish before, there was a sense of familiarity. When it came to eating a slice of pizza, Hyomin found herself naturally asking Jiyeon for some honey to dip the pizza in, it just seemed like the right thing to do for the older girl there and then. Jiyeon was shocked for a moment before getting up to find some honey for her unnie, Jiyeon felt that things were going well and they are definitely on the right track, after all the old Hyomin enjoys her pizza by dipping them in honey. Jiyeon felt that if Hyomin can recall about food that easily, it shouldn’t be long before her unnie remembers about the past and all.

 

The food were all finished easily and after Jiyeon brought the older girl to their shared room to place her stuff. Giving a very quick and brief tour of the dormitory, Jiyeon sent Hyomin off to take a shower. This was the time for Jiyeon to explain everything to the rest. The other girls and manager sat down in the living room and listened to what the maknae has to say.

 

“Hyomin unnie met with an accident, a pretty bad one actually. She got knocked down by a sports car last year.” Jiyeon spoke quietly, till this day it still hurt the younger to imagine how her unnie flew when the car hit her.

 

“She knocked her head pretty badly, the doctors had to shave her head and open it to remove the blood clotting inside her head. She went into a coma for some time.” The younger girl continued.

 

“And.. she lost her memory?” Eunjung cut in this time.

 

“Yea.. She couldn’t remember anything except for her name..”

 

Jiyeon then went on to provide as much details as possible before her unnie came out from the showers, she felt that it isn’t the best thing to do by reminding her Hyomin unnie that she has amnesia, after all it would only give her unnie more burden. Right now,what’s important is to slowly help Hyomin to remember things bit by bit.

 

The news of Hyomin’s memory loss had to be reported to the company, and everyone was as shock as Jiyeon was the first time. It was no longer a secret as the company made an announcement to to public the very next day. And to be honest, the company had already prepared the girls for a comeback. Jiyeon was absolutely pissed with company’s decision for a few days, she was furious that the company wanted the group to have a comeback despite that her Hyomin unnie was still recovering. Hyomin had almost no idea how to dance or sing professionally. Not to mention that the company was using Hyomin for media play, making her unnie the center of attention before the comeback. Jiyeon would never want her unnie to be constantly reminded about the memory loss, it wasn’t a pleasant thought to know that you’ve forgotten everyone that cared about you.

 

But however pissed Jiyeon was, no matter how much she was against the idea of a comeback and the company’s actions. Jiyeon ultimately gave in when her Hyomin unnie decided to accept the company’s decision.

 

“It’s alright Jiyeonnie, I think I can do well! You’ll help me right?” Hyomin said to the younger girl one night before the two fall asleep in their shared room.

 

Jiyeon knew she could never reject her unnie as she was reminded of the numerous times she rejected Hyomin. Plus the way that Hyomin calls the younger girl ‘Jiyeonnie’, it was too nostalgic and it became another reason for Jiyeon to accept what her unnie wanted.

 

Of course, Jiyeon made sure that Hyomin would continue to call her that way for the days to come. It was a little ironic for the two girls, in the past Hyomin was the one who would fall head over heels for Jiyeon and also hurt silently because of the younger girl, but now it was the total opposite, Jiyeon ended up becoming the one falling harder for her unnie each day. The things that she had never notice about Hyomin in the past all became too much, now Jiyeon finds her heart racing when Hyomin smiles at her brightly, Jiyeon feels shy when Hyomin looks at her too much, and of course her heart aches badly every time she thought of the possibility of Hyomin not remembering the moments they use to share. The aching in the heart was no joke, there were more than one occasion where Jiyeon would sit by sleeping Hyomin’s side in the middle of the night, looking at her unnie and cry without making any noise.

 

It was not that Jiyeon didn’t like the Hyomin now, there’s really nothing more to ask for if the person beside her looks like her Hyomin unnie, sings like her Hyomin unnie and makes her heart race like her Hyomin unnie. But there was just one thing Jiyeon missed about the old Hyomin, and she would trade anything to see it in the Hyomin unnie now. And that was Hyomin’s unconditional love for her.

 

She missed how her unnie use to shower her with lots of love, taking care of her. She missed how the old Hyomin would initiate a hug, ask about her day etc. There were just so many things her Hyomin unnie would do for her in the past, for the sake of Love. Jiyeon wanted to feel loved again, she wants Hyomin’s unconditional love, but deep down she knew it was too late to request the impossible. Even if her unnie recalls everything, Jiyeon wondered many times whether her Hyomin unnie would still love her the same way despite getting hurt time and time.

 

For the next few months, the company gave time for Hyomin to learn as much as possible and in between they were preparing for a comeback. Jiyeon had been providing help for the older girl actively and during those few months Hyomin felt herself growing closer to everyone quickly. Before long, it was like old times and everyone was comfortable to joke around.

 

Jiyeon had spent long hours with Hyomin, not only teaching but helping the girl remember about the past bit by bit. During practice sessions, Jiyeon would talk about how the old Hyomin mentioning about which parts were the girl’s dislikes and which are the ones where she would enjoy doing. It did helped quite a bit but it still wasn’t much or was it ever enough.

 

By nightfall, Jiyeon would spend time chatting with Hyomin rather than sleeping. But still, tiredness always wins and before they even realise the two would drift off to sleep. At the same time, Hyomin had been receiving medical attention from renowned doctors and was certified fit enough to perform on stage before the comeback.

 

Things were going on really well for their latest comeback, and T-ara had got the support from many. Things were great, Boram, Soyeon, Qri, Eunjung and Jiyeon have been doing their best to help Hyomin remember something more but it was of no avail. Hyomin was just able to remember the things that are important, yet she was able to familiarise herself and recall dance moves as well as song lyrics easily.

 

It was depressing for the girls to think that Hyomin would never remember the past and the memories that  they have shared, but Jiyeon had it worst out of the members. She had found her unnie back, physically. But she will never find the Hyomin unnie that had loved her till the end.

 

Things were going back to normal and with the girl’s comeback was a success. Promotions had ended and seeing how the girls had done very well and worked really hard for the past few months, the company decided to host a party for them and celebrate Jiyeon’s birthday at the same time.

 

On the day of the party, many guests arrived. The venue chosen was at a newly opened club that the company had owned, the place was new and big. There were great music playing and delicious food prepared. Everyone was having lots of fun, including Hyomin. Until someone arrived at the party. The celebration of Jiyeon’s birthday and cake cutting session had commenced and the girls had taken many group photos of themselves together until a man’s arrival, caught everyone’s attention.

 

Hyomin had no idea who the guy was but she felt that he had no right to arrive whenever he want’s to and steal her Jiyeon’s limelight. Jiyeon was suppose to be in the center of the attention, receiving love from everyone. But this man, Lee Dong Wook, Dong Guk, Dong Gun or whatever his name was, is ruining everything. And Hyomin was not pleased.

 

Standing at a side with other unnies, Hyomin kept her eyes closely on this Mr. Lee guy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter