Europe Trip Part. 2

Again and Again (자꾸자꾸)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*DISCLAIMER:

CHARACTERS AND EVENTS ARE INSPIRED BY T-ARA, CHARACTER NAMES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

PLOTS AND STORY ARE WRITTEN THOUGH AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW AND IS A WORK OF FICTION. 

ANY SIMLAIRTY IN CONTENT IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL, NO PLAGIARISM INVOLVED. 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Days flew by quickly, and they were on the last day of their trip. Although things were going well for Hyomin and Jiyeon, happiness never last long. Especially when they’re still not very good at handling their feelings etc.

 

Ever since the start of the trip, Hyomin had already notice how close Eunjung and Jiyeon were together. She was jealous and hurt all the time. But she knew better than to allow her personal feelings affect her work and relationship with the other members. However that doesn’t mean that she won’t do something to get back at Jiyeon. It might seemed like a childish action for a woman in her twenties, but Hyomin knew it was the only way to get the younger girl’s attention.

 

Her plan was to make Jiyeon jealous, but that’s if Jiyeon even felt anything more than friendship towards the older girl. It worked sometimes, but that was when they’re on stage. Hyomin would get close with some other members, and then Jiyeon would appear all jealous trying to get Hyomin back to focus on her. These actions sometimes left Hyomin frustrated, wondering what is exactly on the younger girl’s mind. Afterall, it may all be just fanservice for the fans.

 

For Boram and Soyeon who were always like the first row audience, they noticed easily that something is going on with EunMinYeon, and they felt bad Qri was dragged into it. Boram, Soyeon and Qri had always noticed things easily, maybe it’s because they were older and probably experienced, they could always tell when things are going on. They have known for sometime that the younger girls in the group have reached the ‘affection stage’ which almost all idols will go through.

 

“Affection Stage” is one of those times where idols starts developing feelings for the other members whom they have hung around with 24/7. But at this stage, most of the idols are confused, and requires guidance on managing their feelings as they are still inexperienced. They are not exposed to how it’s like being in a relationship and how they feel for someone of the same , thus they require help from those who are older.

 

Boram, Soyeon and Qri have went on to look out for the younger girls. Boram looks out for Jiyeon closely as the Jiyeon is the youngest. While Soyeon and Qri looks out for their roommates Eunjung and Hyomin. They continued to give advices indirectly by bringing up the topic regarding love occasionally. But at the end of the day, one has to choose their own feelings as feelings can’t be manipulated. It all comes down to the younger girl’s decision to differentiate which relationship is categorise as friendship and which is considered love.

 

With a plan to get Jiyeon’s attention and some hard work, Hyomin’s plan somehow worked. On the first day, after noticing how close Eunjung and Jiyeon were. She decided to hang out with Qri more, and just like that there were two additional couple walking along the streets of Milan.

 

The result of Hyomin’s strategy did not show any immediate result, however by dinner time she could tell that Jiyeon noticed. Hyomin could sense how the younger girl had gotten a little quieter, and with Hyomin sitting with Qri right opposite of her it did not improve the situation at all.

 

It seem like a win for Hyomin but not until she realised that her planned had backfired, after the food came, what she saw in front of her wasn’t just the delicious italian cuisine, she get a full view of Eunjung and Jiyeon having fun together. Getting food for each other and eating happily. Once again, what she saw brought sourness and a bitter feeling that she is accustomed to.

 

In the end, Hyomin couldn’t control herself and excused herself to the wash room to avoid the torture to her fragile heart. Knowing how the younger girl is feeling, Qri followed Hyomin off. It’s on such occasion where the older girls have to step in to help the younger girls with the problems at hand.

 

Still, at the end of the first night, the story of Hyomin and Jiyeon did ended off quite well. And all was well. However for Hyomin and Jiyeon, they had this relationship that goes on and off. They can be close at one time and be like strangers at another. It was different from the relationship that Eunjung and Jiyeon had which can be considered quite constant.

 

For Eunjung and Jiyeon, their closeness is consistent and there was never any problems involve among them. The two were basically close all the time, maybe it’s because the feelings between the two weren't quite clear yet. Although that’s a good thing since there won’t be much awkwardness or anything for now, but it was not for Hyomin.

 

Hyomin was jealous of the bond Eunjung and Jiyeon shared, it didn’t appear to be passionate love. But it was clear that Eunjung had this strong bond with Jiyeon that Hyomin could never dream of to achieve. Eunjung and Jiyeon had a strong sisterly love for each other, nothing worth worrying since everyone in T-ara loves each other like sisters, however this love between Eunjung and Jiyeon was one of those type that can easily move on to become actual love, the type of love Hyomin knew she had for Jiyeon.

 

Because of this difference, Eunjung was superior than Hyomin when it comes to having the younger girl. And without trying, Jiyeon drifts off to Eunjung for the rest of the trip, leaving Hyomin to continue her jealously game which no longer works effectively.

 

With literally zero interactions between the two youngest girl in the group, they ended up looking like they were having another cold war with each other and hence brought worry to the older girls.

 

On the last day the “mentors” of the 3 younger girls decided to take things in their own hands. They decided to confront the girls individually and get them to make a decision. It’s gonna be a tough job but by they agreed that by the end of this trip the relationship between Hyomin and Jiyeon has to be made clear.

 

 

Last Day in Europe. (Hyomin & Qri’s room)

 

Being the last day of their trip, the two girls decided to sleep in bed till late before going off to do some final shopping. And like how they’ve planned, everything went well. The two manage to shop for some personal items and not forgetting to get some souvenirs back for their friends and family members. By late afternoon, the two girls were back in their hotel room, settling down all their hauls from this trip and just chill in bed, watching tv and enjoying the food from room service.

 

The room fell into a peaceful silent as the two girls lay on their bed, both trying to rest after a busy morning. But for Qri she knew she had to start her heart to heart talk with hyomin soon, there was a small gathering party tonight with the other members and staff and they would be busy tonight so this is the only time the two will be free for a talk session before returning to Korea.

 

“Hyomin-ah? Are you seeing anyone lately?” Qri broke the silence.

 

“Nope? Why unnie?” Hyomin replied, curious as to why her unnie would suddenly raise this topic.

 

“Ah, i was just wondering. People fall in love at our age, so i was just wondering if there’s anyone that has caught your attention lately…”

 

“Ohh, What about you unnie? Do you like anyone?”

 

“Nobody has caught my attention for now so I don’t think so.. But i used to date a few guys and girls in the past so I guess it’s good to have a break? Haha”

 

“Hmmn..”

 

The room slowly fell back into silence again, Qri knew she had reached a place where she has to be careful of what she asks and say or else she would never be able to get Hyomin to speak comfortably regarding the topic again.

 

“What is it like to fall in love unnie?” Surprisingly, Hyomin took the initiative to ask this time round. Qri’s plan was working perfectly, Hyomin is slowly demolishing the walls of her comfort zone unknowingly. Perfect.

 

“Firstly, I guess you start noticing the other person all the time? You can’t help but look out for them 24/7. You enjoy their presence, and you feel low without them. You feel like you can conquer anything with that one person you love beside you smiling, and you feel like the whole world has fallen apart when you see them with someone else or when they are sad. Being in love is like being in a fight I guess it can bring you either a sense of adrenaline and joy as well as pain sometimes. But at the end of the day, you should feel good being in love and not the other way round.”

 

It was a long and detailed description, and it took a while for Hyomin to digest all that. Biting down on her lips, Hyomin could feel herself tremble. Everything that her Qri unnie described was true, it was all that she was feeling ever since she learnt that she had feelings for the younger girl Jiyeon.

 

“Unnie… I think I’m in love…”, Hyomin sat up straight this time round and went to Qri’s bed, She needed to talk to someone urgently, she couldn’t keep years of one-sided feelings inside her any longer. She has to get them out.

 

“In love with Jiyeon…”

 

For the next few hours, Hyomin poured out every single thing that she felt needs to be shared. From how she started developing feelings for Jiyeon to the day she was sure she was deeply in love with the younger girl. From the way she felt jealous when Eunjung and Jiyeon were close to how she broke down occasionally because the younger girl never once noticed her feelings. Not to forget those days, where Jiyeon would get so close with her and getting touchy, giving her the idea that maybe the younger girl had some feeling for her too.

 

In between sentences from time to time, drops of tears made their way out of Hyomin’s eyes. Things were much serious than Qri had imagined, Qri knew that she should had noticed it way earlier. Hearing everything that Hyomin had shared and having her doubts cleared with Hyomin answering them all, she felt hurt knowing that the girl had went through all these alone for years with nobody to talk with for advice and all.

 

“Unnie, am I becoming crazy? Why am I feeling like this? Why do I get mad at her when she had done nothing wrong? Why unnie, am I sick or something?” Hyomin hugged the girl in blonde tightly and let her tears flow freely down her cheeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter