8. You Light Up My Life.

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello~

I'm back... with a new chapter :D You guys still remember this story right? Before you guys rush off to read, just know this. This chapter is like a revision! It contains Chanyeol's side of the story until the sixth chapter. Also, I haven't proof-read the chapter properly! Please forgive any mistakes.

Anyways, I hope this chapter will make you happy. Happy reading friends. Go on~

_________________________________

 

You Light Up My Life.

 

Chanyeol's POV. (Starts from the party at Gun Chul's)

Chanyeol walked into the living room, along with his sister. He spotted his friend chatting and moving around in the large room, filled with all unknown faces. He was early to the party by four hours and already the party had started. Apparently, his sister hadn't been attending any parties lately and wanted to enjoy this one to the max! Kyungsoo, his other friend, was nowhere to be found! A sigh left his mouth the moment he realized that the guy was busy preparing Gun Chul's part of the project report!

So much for begging to be on the same team!

His sister immediately found someone to accompany herself and here he was still stuck by the door! Finally, when Gun Chul was somewhere near him, he called out. Chanyeol couldn't help but ask about Baekhyun and the conversation took unpleasant turns with Yura interrupting them.

"Who are these trolls, anyway?" Yura asked but, met with one of the ugliest expressions on her brother's face!

Chanyeol was not about to answer that. He was not in a mood.

Baekhyun's friends are not trolls. He told in his mind!

He didn't have anyone to talk to, so he decided to help his friend's mother in the kitchen. The party was at its peak when Chanyeol decided to get away from the suffocating crowd. Stepping out of the living room, he walked into the garden, only to retract steps on noticing a couple having a sweet time. Smiling at the scene, he walked back into the house. The crowd was getting heavy and it became harder and harder to bear with each passing second. Finding it almost impossible to stand the noise, he decided to get into his friend's room and stay there for a while to relax.

The wood creaked under the impact of his heavy footsteps. He took his time to climb and when he reached the room by the end of the corridor, he stopped for a moment. A slight rustling noise from inside the room was very clear and Chanyeol was confused. He was sure of seeing Gun Chul downstairs just before he climbed. Before he could enter and check who the intruder was the room was filled with silence. Hurriedly he burst into the room to see no one present there. But, the curtain was unstable in spite of there being no wind or whatsoever, and he heard the crunching of dry leaves from the outside. On peeking out he found someone jumping across the compound. He waited to see if the person would turn around. After a few seconds, the person joined other two people and Chanyeol found all of them very familiar. Squinting his eyes in concentration, he focused on the three people. Suddenly it struck him.

"Jongdae!"

An-and... i-is th-t-that... is that BAEKHYUN?

His eyes grew big and his mind kept screaming the name, again and again, trying to soothe the mad thumping of his heart. Little did his brain know that the name only resulted in increased rate of thumps!

Bending a bit forward and tilting to the right, he tried to sneak in a glance at his love, as the three made their way into the house. The heart kept thumping crazily because of the unexpected encounter and his mind had gone numb. Rooted on the spot, eyes still wide and lips tugged in a beautiful smile, dimples digging his cheeks deeply, he forgot about the world around him. He forgot that Chen had just trespassed and he had to inform his friend.

Chanyeol waited in the room, by the window, to see if Baekhyun would come out. It had been close to an hour since he last had a glimpse of Baekhyun. A sigh left him, disappointed. He was about to leave the room when a short statured person walking out of the house caught his sight. The branches of the tree were blocking his view and he couldn't tell who the person was. He waited until the boy moved further into the garden and his breath hitched when he saw his love walking dazedly. He saw Baekhyun seating himself on the soft grass and ruffling his hands through the grass. His face looked calm and it was evident that he enjoyed the evening breeze. Half an hour later Baekhyun was approached by a worried Chen. Chanyeol noticed the way Baekhyun got irritated when Chen started talking to him about something. He didn't like it when Baekhyun's shoulders tensed. Later he saw Chen walking away on being asked to move by a stoic-faced Baekhyun. He saw that Chen was heading towards the compound, intending to jump across. Instantly, he scurried away from the window and hid in the cupboard. Opening the cupboard door in the slightest of crack, he observed the insides of the room. After about a minute he saw Chen entering the room through the window, after making sure that the room was empty. He saw the mobile phone being placed on the bedside table. Chen then walked to the window and with one swift motion he was out of the window. Chanyeol felt like watching an action movie by the way Chen carried out everything like an expert. Slowly stepping out of the cupboard, he held the phone in his hand and looked at it intensely, as if the phone would tell him why it was taken away! Coming back to the window, he looked out to witness an unhappy Chen walking out of the gate and Baekhyun, still enjoying his alone time. Chanyeol pulled a chair to the spot and sat there looking at Baekhyun, who had no idea of being stared at.

Chanyeol did not want to blink, fearing that he would miss a second which he could've spent looking at the beautiful guy across the compound. His mind screamed 'Cheesy!' at him, but his heart shushed it. He wanted to graze the soft looking cheeks, but he knew it was impossible. Chanyeol flinched lightly whenever Baekhyun's figure seemed to tense for a brief second. He would soon relax when Baekhyun loosened his shoulders.

Just like that, time flew for Chanyeol and it was getting dark. Seeing Baekhyun walking towards the gate, probably going back to his home, he dashed out of the room. He skipped through the steps and out of the house within a blink of an eye! He remembered that he had brought his sister along. Instead of turning around to find his sister, he settled to call her. When he was met with a blank tone on the other side, he decided to send her a text, informing her about his absence in the party and asking her to wait after the party finishes. In a flash, he was out of the gate, turning in all the direction, trying to find a short boy with shiny brown hair. The street lights were lighting the path and he easily found Baekhyun on the left end of the street. He ran in the direction, trying to catch up with Baekhyun. When he was at a safe distance from the shorter, he stopped running and settled to walking. The street looked busy with people moving in all the direction.

On reaching a high compound with a thick, black metal gate, Baekhyun stopped walking and entered the compound. Chanyeol stood on the other side of the street for a few more minutes. It was silent in this part of the town since it was occupied by the rich families of the district. He saw a light flickering through one of the windows. He saw Baekhyun passing by and he smiled a satisfied, dimpled smile.

The smile refused to leave his face even after hours. Chanyeol had come back to his friend's place, to see that the party was still on. He didn't want to be in there even for a second and thus, he pulled his sister out of the house. He texted his friend about him leaving soon and pulled his sister along with him, back to their home. Yura was unhappy for being interrupted and berated her little brother for bothering her. Chanyeol just ignored her ramblings and continued walking.

After a while, he sensed his sister going all silent and staring at him weirdly. He turned his face to her while raising his brows in a question. She took a moment and chuckled lightly while shrugging her shoulders.

"Where had you been, Chan? I saw your message." Yura asked.

"Ah, nowhere. Just took a walk around the area. It's a beautiful neighborhood you see." He answered, not willing to let his sister know that he had gone following a certain shortie.

"Hmm... Is there something that I need to know, Chan? You've been smiling silly for the last ten minutes. What's the matter, hm?" Yura asked again, not believing her brother's words.

"No. Nothing a-" He stopped when his sister sent a glare at his direction.

"Ah, noona, actually, there is something I haven't told you. But, can I take some time? I'm not ready to share it yet..." He confessed.

Yura scrutinized his face for a few agonizing seconds and then agreed with a nod. Though she agreed to let him take time, her mind was stuck. If she was right, her dear brother was dealing with things related to love.

Why else would anybody smile like that? She thought, a smile tugging at her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chan~ Wake up! It's eight already!" Yura shouted in his ears, startling him awake. Tousled hair, sleepy eyes, messed up shirt; Chanyeol looked like he had been sleeping for a week. He groaned when the bright light blinded him. The curtains had been drawn, he noticed. His alarm clock was lying on the floor, broken.

On the floor? Broken? It's broken!

"OH MY GOD, WHAT TIME IS IT?", he stood up abruptly and stumbled his way out of the sheets tangled with his limbs, bumping his head hard to his sister's nose in the process.

"Oww... PARK CHANYEOL!"

Chanyeol visibly gulped down a lump. He was freaking out and he was sure he would pass out any moment because he felt dizzy due to the head rush and also out of fear.

"It's eight? As in, eight in the morning! What the hell am I doing here? I was supposed to be on my way to Prof. Kim's class. I broke the alarm and overslept. Oh my god! That sadist's gonna get me kicked out of the college this time. Oh no no no nooo NO!"

With that, he ran to the bathroom to clean up and get ready. His sister, who was still busy tending to her hurt nose, picked a pillow and sent it hurling towards the closed door.

"Idiot! Is this what you give me for waking you up?"

Muttering to herself, Yura walked out of the room to complain about her little brother's doing with their mother.

"What's with the commotion, dear?" Mr. Park, who was sitting in the living room, asked.

"Your brat of a son hit me on my nose and it hurts really bad!" Yura complained while gritting her teeth. Her father chuckled at this and pulled her down to sit beside him on the sofa. Holding her hands, he smiled at her and just like that all her anger dissipated. She was always a daddy's girl and she loved it when her father showed his love without asking for it.

The father and the daughter talked for a while until Mr. Park received a call. Yura let him attend the call while she decided to gossip a bit with her mother.

 

"Ahh, this time, I'm surely in for it. Way to go Park. Ughh!" Chanyeol couldn't stop berating himself while combing his hair. In his frustration, Chanyeol was about to tear his hair, which seemed to be disobedient. But, before he could proceed to do so, he was interrupted by a thick voice calling out to him.

"Dad? Ah, what now? I'm already late~" Chanyeol whined trying to postpone their talk.

"It's a good news, boy. You don't have to stop your work, just listen. Okay~" Mr. Park walked inside the room and stood right behind his son.

"Um okay. Go on. What good news?" Chanyeol asked. He noticed his father smirking and it was ticking him off. He was about to repeat his question when his father cleared his throat and announced,

"Prof. Kim has been suspended."

What!

Chanyeol let the comb fall out of his grip and turned around to face his father. When his father's smug face came into his view, he was sure that it was true.

It was true. Prof. Kim was suspended. SUSPENDED!

"Oh my god, Dad, I can't tell you how grateful I am right now! You know, you just saved your son from getting kicked out of the class. Oh my god, Dad, I love you~"

Chanyeol squeezed his father in his embrace while shouting his love for his father.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol confidently walked through the corridor, not in any urgency to make it to the class on time. He couldn't erase the victory smirk his face sported at the moment. He had just been to the principal's office with his father to talk about the professor's suspension. Right now, he held an envelope, which was to be delivered to the professor. He had requested the principal to let him do the honors. He couldn't stop imagining his professor's face when he'd break the news to him.

Ah, I can't wait anymore.

On reaching the classroom, he stood there for a moment to prepare himself for the upcoming drama. Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter