3. That was unexpected!

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Luhan hurriedly walked into the classroom, almost knocking off the chairs on his way. He reached the window by the side and looked outside, searching for his dear best friend.

"... Why the hell aren't you answering your damned phone, Byun?", he cursed out loud, scaring a few people in the process. He went out of the classroom, as fast as he came. He didn't know where else to go and search Baekhyun. Chen caught up with his fast pace and held his hand tightly to stop him.

"What's wrong, Lu?", he asked worriedly. He hadn't seen Luhan worried for a long time. He hated the sight of tensed Luhan, who'd freak out for every little thing and wouldn't be calmed down by anyone other than Baekhyun.

"Where's Baek? I need him..", Luhan growled. Chen was surprised with the outburst, but he knew he could do nothing else but answer the question.

"I don't know, Lu. What time is it?", Chen glanced at his watch but, before he could open his mouth and say where Baekhyun might be, he was shut off by an annoyed Luhan.

"Does it look like some comedy show that you're asking me for time? First, find Baekhyun for me... You can later ask anyone for time and do anything you..", he was cut off in midsentence as Chen lost it this time!

"It's four, Lu... He's in the music room.", Chen shouted to make Luhan register his words and stop cursing.

"Couldn't you have said that earlier when I asked you for the first?", Luhan seethed, walking in the direction of the music room.

"If only you were sane enough to listen to me..", Chen mumbled and bit his tongue when he realized what he had just said. He turned towards Luhan but, found him lost in some thoughts. He thanked the lords for not letting Luhan hear his comments. He was not a fan of getting shouted at by an angry Luhan!

Once they reached the music room, both stopped suddenly. They couldn't believe their eyes. Chen had his mouth hanging open while Luhan was fuming with uncontrollable anger. He was seconds away from blasting. There was no space for them to fit in even a finger of theirs in the room, let only their whole body! Baekhyun was completely surrounded by his fans and Chen doubted if he could breathe being stuck in there! He turned around and saw that Luhan was red with anger and at that moment he knew he had to take control of the beast! He held Luhan's wrist and pulled him to a corner and asked him to cool down while he gets Baekhyun there. Then Chen started walking away from Luhan, towards the crowd to bring Baekhyun out of the fort of students.

Luhan, as instructed by Chen, stood there trying to calm himself down whilst he waited for Chen and Baekhyun. He saw Chen twisting his body to get between people and make his way into the room. Lightly, he could hear Baekhyun's singing voice and the soothing sound of the piano that his friend loved to play. He also heard a bunch of cursing words thrown at Chen by the crazy crowd, who probably jabbed them to make way for himself. A few minutes later he could no longer hear the music and then he knew that Chen had reached Baekhyun. Seconds later he saw the crowd moving to a side and making way for Baekhyun to walk out of the room.

Baekhyun neared Luhan and held his arms to drag him to a less crowded corner. All along the way, Luhan kept muttering things while getting manhandled by his dear, best friend. Baekhyun stopped once they reached their usual hangout spot nearby the ground. He made Luhan sit down and sat right in front. For a few seconds none of the two spoke and getting irritated by the silence and also the problem that he was stuck with, Luhan let out a loud sigh. Baekhyun observed his friend for a few more seconds before finally breaking the silence.

"Lu, what is it?", he asked directly. He could see Luhan's fingers playing with each other, a clear sign of nervousness. I should've been a Psychiatrist! Baekhyun thought.

Giving a slight nudge to Luhan, he repeated his question. Chen, who had just reached after buying three cups of coffee, sat down beside Baekhyun and perked his ears to listen to the conversation intently. Did you just break up with your boyfriend or something? Chen mused to himself.

"Umm... I got into a trouble..", Luhan stated plainly, hanging his head low in shame.

"Tell me something new, dude!", Chen exclaimed just to receive a hard smack from Luhan. Yelping in pain, Chen slid away to keep some distance from Luhan.

"Stop it you two. Jongdae, could you please shut your mouth and let him continue what he was saying?", Baekhyun threw an accusing look at Chen.

Listening to Baekhyun not calling him by his nickname, he knew the guy was serious. He also noticed how Luhan was almost cracking up in tears and decided that the things were very serious and it was better of him to keep shut.

“Go on, Lu..”, Baek cooed him, coaxing him to continue.

"Ummm... It happened when I was in Seoul, visiting my grandparents. I was on a date with my boyfriend. We were walking by the banks of the Han River, after our dinner. It was late at night, no one was around, so... we kinda got carried away and you know, the thing happened... We wer-", he was cut off by a stupefied Chen.

"Dear god! LUHAN! HAVE YOU LOST IT!? YOU DID THE "DEED" ON THE SIDE OF THE DAMNED RIVER, DID YOU TELL ME?"

Baekhyun was as scandalized as Chen was and this time around, he hardly masked his expressions from his friend.

"What.. wh-what are you saying? I mean what's wrong with kissing by the side of the riv- Oh my god! You dirty minded filthy bastard! I didn't do the de-I mean, that thing, it didn't happen. I never said that I-we did the umm you know what! Why did you just assume things!?", Luhan was exasperated with Chen's crazy thoughts.

"Well, this time, it isn't his fault.", Baekhyun stated, defending Chen for the first time in what seemed like an eternity to Chen.

"Baek, you too?", Luhan couldn't believe that Baekhyun was siding up with Chen.

"I never said that... Why'd you assume that we were up to that thing?", he asked, genuinely not understanding how the thing about him doing the 'deed' with his boyfriend entered their brain. Especially Baekhyun's seemingly innocent one!

"If you just rewind on your words you'd know.", Chen said, trying to calm his raging breath, resulted by the outburst he had just had.

Luhan was still as clueless as anybody else and looked at Baekhyun with a quizzical look. Baekhyun sighed and cleared his throat to repeat what Luhan had said earlier.

"Now listen to this-  "It was late at night, no one was around, so... we kinda got carried away and you know, the thing happened.." What do you think the phrase "the thing happened" here means?", Baekhyun felt embarrassed for repeating such a line when there were few students who were trying to eavesdrop on the three friends' conversation. He prayed to god that none of his college mates had heard him uttering it. Though he had no doubt that they had heard Chen's scream, moments back. !

"Oh..uhmm..yeah... Sorry. I wasn't paying attention to such minor details.", Luhan said, his ears turning hot and the fair skin of his face showing tints of pink.

"Okay.. okay.. let's drop it here. We're losing our focus, Lu..", Baekhyun said, trying to bring all of them back to the track.

"Yeah... I agree... Continue...", Chen said, looking at Luhan.

"We were walking by the river and we got carried away and we kissed a-"

"You what!?", Chen exclaimed again. But, he was ignored this time as Luhan continued.

"-and we got back home. But, we didn't know that we were followed by that little ghost Kim Gun Chul. I don't know what he was doing in Seoul, though! That night he secretly took videos of us kissing and he's blackmailing me now. He said he would show the videos to my parents if we win the cultural competition against his team! Can you believe that? He's asking me to mess up your performance! Of course, I can't even think of doing such thing. And you also know what will happen if he shows the videos to my parents. So I need you to help me with this. I- I need you to hack into his phone and delete the video.", Luhan finished, eyeing Baekhyun hopefully, like a puppy.

"Oh? So, how do you suppose we do this? I mean hacking his phone?", Baekhyun asked whereas Chen took to nodding his head.

Luhan kept quiet for a few seconds and then replied pointing at Chen. "We just need to steal the mobile and that's not a problem here. You know, Chen specializes in stealing things!", he could hardly stop himself from grinning from ear to ear.

Chen choked on the plane air while Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Luhan.

"Have you lost it? I'm not go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter