17. Life on a Rewind.

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Life On A Rewind.

 

 

"I'm tired and sick of this, Mom! Moreover, you need to stop all this at once. If you don't, you're going to be caught soon! You know, for all the illegal activities you're involved in."

"HANA!"

"Why do you get angry when I speak the truth? You don't want me talking about it? Why? It hurts? Or is it like you're afraid?" Hana smirked at the end, aggravating her mother.

"Stop it, Hana. Don't cross the line!" Mrs. Byun seethed with raging eyes.

"Oh! So you do know things like lines, or better say, limits do exist? I'm surprised." Hana mocked her again, not minding Mrs. Byun's warning.

When Mrs. Byun did not reply, Hana smirked and continued.

"For once, I'm asking you nicely. Stop this. I'm not going to ask you again. This will be the last time." Hana said standing up and walking over to the glass window.

"You don't know anything, Hana. Don't interfere in our business. I'll take care of all the things for you, for ourselves. All you need to do is study well and graduate." Mrs. Byun said.

"He was right. You'll never change. You were, are and, will always be a..." Hana trailed off, feeling bile rise up .

"Who was right and what am I and will always be, Hana? Tell me..." Mrs. Byun asked her with a low growl.

"One of your workers. You do share an amazing relationship with your employees, I see." Hana chuckled bitterly.

"Tell me one thing, Mom. What are you doing? Moreover, why are you doing this? Why do you like to torture people?" Hana questioned, genuinely wanting to know the answers.

"Hana, you don't need to know-"

"I NEED TO KNOW AND YOU WILL TELL ME!" Hana could not keep calm anymore, her breathing fast and aggression visible in her eyes.

"Believe me! You don't need to know all of-"

"I DO! I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU'RE TELLING THEM RIGHT FROM WHERE THIS ALL STARTED!"

 

 

 

Hana walked out of the office with wobbly legs, unfocused gaze and, she looked almost ready to pass out. She did not know where she was walking nor did she care. Her mind kept repeating her mother's words. Whatever she did, and however hard she tried, she could not forget it, what she had been told by her mother.

"Hana, eleven years ago, when you were around six, we were thrown out by your biological father. We were not married and so I couldn't file a case. We were homeless and I had no job either. That time, Baekhyun's father helped us. He let us stay in his house for a few weeks. Baekhyun's mother was out of town during that time. When she came back, I was shocked to know that it was my college classmate. I used to hate her during college times because once she had reported me to the college authorities. As a college student, I was eager to try out all new stuff, which included drugs too. One day, she saw me taking drugs and she immediately reported me. I was expelled from the college and I spent around a year in prison. I never got a chance to take revenge on her. So when I saw her all the memories from the college days came rushing back. Also, I had fallen in love with her husband. She wasn't mean to me, but nor was she friendly. She just ignored my presence and this went on for a week. I think later she told everything about me to her family members, which resulted in Mr. Byun not talking to me, though he never asked me to leave the house. His ignorance irked me and I couldn't stand it anymore. Watching him love my rival and talk to her sweetly, my blood boiled. After a month of enduring this, I decided to move out of the house. Though, I couldn't forget him. My love for him had grown so deep that I could not move on. So I decided to take revenge. With whatever little money I had I got a lowly gangster to kill her. But, Baekbeom, Baekhyun's elder brother, saw him killing her and he had to kill that boy as well. He ran away once his job was done and I got an easy entry into the house by threatening Baekhyun's father to marry me. From then on, I kept Baekhyun like a hostage, to keep his father under control. I did all this, in hopes of getting him to love me. I thought, he would love me eventually, but he never did and I gave up on my one-sided love for him. So I only lived for you and all these things, I'm doing are for your own good, Hana. I don't want you to be like me. I want a secure future for you. That's why I'm trying to get hands on the complete ownership of this company. I'm this close to getting it, but that irritating boy, Baekhyun, is proving to be a hard one to handle now. He refuses to marry, which will fetch us a deal of million dollars and get the board members to believe in me to handle this company. Every time he does something stupid and the deal goes off. If this goes on, he would eventually inherit his mother's part of the company's shares and I'll have to stop that. There're only two more years and I can't let that happen. I think I'll have to eliminate him as well-"

Hana walked out towards the door hurriedly, unable to sit through her mother's talk about it. The way her mother was so nonchalant about all of these, she knew, her mother would not hesitate to kill her brother if needed. The thought of her mother stooping so low for money made her feel dizzy. She always knew her mother was a criminal. But she never thought about her mother being involved in ending innocent people's lives, ruining families. Her mother's words still in her mind, she walked along the buildings, destination not in mind.

__

Baekhyun was sitting in the class, trying to concentrate on the lecture but unable to do so due to drowsiness. He fought with his brain to keep it focused, but it was not of any use. It still stimulated signals to make him feel sleepy. He moved his legs and played with Luhan's legs, to keep his eyes open, Luhan having let him do things his way for once. Soon enough, he got tired of it and he looked around, trying to locate something that could interest him and keep him active. Not finding anything interesting, he drummed his fingers lightly on Luhan's chair, trying to get some reaction out of his friend. It worked the first time. Luhan turned around with an irritated face and pushed his hand away. It worked the second time as well, which drew a scowl from Luhan. But the third time, it failed. Luhan resorted to ignoring him, rather than reacting and provoking him to do more of it.

Unable to control sleepiness anymore, he excused himself from the class and walked to the music room. He knew the room would be empty and silent at this hour, perfect aspects for a nice tight sleep.

Once he sat in the farthest corner of the music room, it took him not more than a few minutes to fall asleep. His mind falling deep into the hollow of his memories, once again, all set to take a trip of the old times. Again, it did not take any longer than half an hour for him to start hyperventilating in his sleep and hands flailing in all possible directions. His pained cries growing louder by the minutes and echoing off the wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter