20. Flourish.

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Flourish.

 

Baekhyun stood on his toes and circled his arms around Chanyeol's neck. Running his fingers through Chanyeol's hair and keeping the other arm steady around his neck, he pressed himself closer to Chanyeol.

On the other hand, Chanyeol felt like he owned the world and his heart leaped with joy. When Baekhyun wound his arms around his neck, he responded by circling his arms around Baekhyun's waist and pulling him in close, closer than he already was. Chanyeol slightly tilted his head to get a better angle. He nibbled gently on Baekhyun's lower lip, eliciting a dazed moan from him. His hands roamed over Baekhyun's sides, tracing the path of its own.

Chanyeol did not know how long it had been, but he wanted the kiss to go on forever. Just as that thought crossed his mind, Baekhyun broke the kiss, panting for breath. Though he was disappointed that Baekhyun broke the kiss, he grudgingly agreed, he was out of breath as well. He peered down at Baekhyun's face and the sight of twinkling eyes made him lose whatever breath he had regained! He stared at the sparkling eyes for a few seconds, witnessing the latter's lips stretch into a wide grin, with specks of shyness.

"I love you too!" Baekhyun whispered suddenly and pecked him on the lips.

Chanyeol was surprised and dazed. Though he knew his feelings were reciprocated, it being said out loud and clear sent him onto cloud nine! And the little kiss only hiked up his excitement and his heart somersaulted with joy.

Baekhyun was about to pull away but Chanyeol refused to let go, like a stubborn kid.

"Yeol~" Baekhyun whined. He felt his cheeks burning and he knew he was red like a tomato. He wanted to hide from Chanyeol's sharp gaze, but the giant would not let him go. So he lowered his head and buried it in Chanyeol's jacket, successfully hiding from the sharp gaze.

An amused chuckle escaped Chanyeol's lips at that and Baekhyun felt himself growing more embarrassed. Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun's back assuringly and pulled him away from his hiding spot. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the loud ringing of his phone. Taking out his phone, he looked at the caller and sighed.

"What is it, Soo?"

"Is it done? Did you tell him?"

"Everything is done and settled, Soo. Now, if you will excuse me, I'd like to have some private time with him!" Chanyeol said, eyeing Baekhyun from the side.

Baekhyun smiled but bit his lip to hide it when he noticed Chanyeol glancing in his direction.

"WHOOP! FINALLY!" Chanyeol heard a series of excited shouts from the other side.

"Thank you, Soo, to Luhan and Chen as well. Now go home and rest. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. Bye." He ended the call with a contented smile and pushed the phone back into his pocket.

When he looked back at Baekhyun's face, he found the guy frowning, chewing on his lower lip and thinking hard with knitted brows.

"What's wrong, Baek?" Chanyeol asked.

"How am I supposed to go home?" Baekhyun frowned a bit more.

"I'll drop you. Don't worry..." Chanyeol said and took a step closer to Baekhyun.

"But it's a twenty minutes' drive from here, Yeol! I would've gone back with one of my friends..." Baekhyun said, worried about burdening Chanyeol.

"Doesn't matter. I want to be the one to drop you and pick you up from now on." Chanyeol pulled him closer and dropped a small kiss on his forehead.

Baekhyun reveled in the feeling of being loved and reciprocating it. It felt surreal. He sighed and hugged Chanyeol, not willing to part from his lover yet.

"Come on... Let's go..." Chanyeol said, deciding it was too late in the night for them to be fooling around. He loosened his grip around Baekhyun and started leading him out of the forest.

"Um, Chanyeol, I think I came in here from the other side and you're leading me in the opposite direction?" Baekhyun said, framing it more as a question.

"Yeah, I know. But my car is at home..." Chanyeol mumbled while weaving his way through the path he had walked probably a hundred times.

"So... ahem-" Baekhyun clears his throat. "-um, we're going to your place, then?" Again, it was more of a question.

"Something like that..." Chanyeol mumbled again, not once letting go of Baekhyun's wrist.

The prospect of visiting Chanyeol's house got him excited, but he prayed hard that the giant would not invite him in. Because, let's face it, he was not ready! He was absolutely unprepared for any of this and he did not know what more was in store for him. It was all way too much to take in, and he was not sure if he would be able to handle more of Chanyeol's affection! So he really wished to go back home and ponder over things to let everything sink in.

"Well, we're here... Do you wanna-um... come in?" Chanyeol asked, sounding unsure himself.

"Next time, perhaps?" Baekhyun was glad he was given a chance to say no. But he did not have the heart to outright refuse. So he put it in a form of question and waited until Chanyeol nodded and lead him to his car. Baekhyun hopped in without a further say and Chanyeol took the driver's seat.

Chanyeol left the window of his car down, on Baekhyun's insistence. There was hardly any vehicles on the road in and around the area, making it easy for Chanyeol to drive and letting Baekhyun enjoy the peaceful quietness of the night. Baekhyun was enjoying the soft sound of wind whipping past the car, as Chanyeol increased the speed only by a bit, secretly admiring the latter's satisfied hum when the wind swept his hair.

"Take right, Yeol... I'm currently staying at the villa with my sister..." Baekhyun said when he noticed they were about to enter the main city. Chanyeol nodded and drove with Baekhyun's guidance.

"You have any plans for this weekend?" 

Baekhyun was surprised to suddenly hear this from Chanyeol when he was about to get down from the car and bid bye to Chanyeol. His heart was beating hard against his chest, having had an inclination of what Chanyeol was thinking about. He was excited about the prospect of being asked out on a date and his heart pumped excess blood to his head, making him feel dizzy and see blurry shiny specks of moonlight. He felt giddy with a child like excitement while his stomach gave way to numerous butterflies fluttering around. His cheeks and ears flushed to a deep shade of red, oh-so shamefully

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter