14. The Relief.

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello~

How are you all doing?

I know I'm late and probably you guys don't even remember this fic anymore! But, the excuse is that, I was busy :( Way too busy :( 

Anyways, I'm posting the next chapter, which I'm not very satisfied with! The chapter has not come out the way I wanted it to and also it's not proofread. Forgive my mistakes and please ignore them. 

Happy reading~

 

The Relief.

 

 

"Soo... I... I ca-can't breathe... Beak... Ba-Baekhyun... Baekhyun is getting ma-mar..." Chanyeol cried his hearts out in his best friend's arms. His eyes were puffy and red from all the crying he was doing and Kyungsoo flinched at the sight. It was his first time to see Chanyeol like this. He was used to the ever positive Happy Virus, not this heartbroken and gloomy giant. Involuntarily Kyungsoo's eyes teared up. He remembered how disheveled Baekhyun had looked earlier that day. Thinking about Baekhyun just made him realize that he had to handle the situation as soon as possible and get back to Luhan's place. He knew Baekhyun would be in a far worst position.

He pulled Chanyeol along with him and forced him down on the bench, following suit. Chanyeol was heaving and looked completely out of breath from the intense feelings stabbing at his chest and making him cry over and over.

"S-Soo, you were right... I... I shouldn't have lov-ed him... He-he... he is ge-ttin-g married... As y-you said, he doesn't love me..." Chanyeol stuttered out a messed up sentence in between crying and eventually ending up in hiccups. Kyungsoo decided to leave him be and help him to get it all out.

Once he calms down from the shock and heartbreak, I'll tell him everything that he needs to know and then I'm sure he will handle this 'Kris' issue. Baekhyun is suffering as well. This needs to end!

Kyungsoo moved his palms up and down on Chanyeol's back, who had buried himself deep into the shorter's embrace. The winter wind was being merciful and had slowed down a little, ruffling their hair once every few seconds. Though the wind wasn't in its full force, Kyungsoo was still feeling cold and wished to return to the warmth of his home. The thought of the warm bed covered with fluffy blankets seemed tempting enough for him to run right back through the streets and sleep for the rest of the evening. But, he knew he was just tired of all the drama he had witnessed for the past week and cannot simply leave his friends behind in such a condition. Once this issue of Baekhyun getting married gets sorted out, he will feel good and not so tired every other second. He knew it and he could already see himself going back to be welcomed by his mother's pleasant smile and tasty food. He was pulled out of the thoughts when Chanyeol sneezed into his sweater and sniffed. Chanyeol was no more crying, he noticed and the relief washed over his system only to be horrified the next moment when he heard the other.

"I feel like dying..."

Kyungsoo bolted up and pushed his sniffing friend, who was hanging his head low. Without any more of words, Kyungsoo grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him along the path, back to the car. Kyungsoo unlocked the car and shoved the giant into the passenger's seat before starting the car. Kyungsoo roared out loud with frustration just when the engine roared to life. Chanyeol had no expression except for the constant remorse mood hovering around him.

"YOU ALL HAVE GONE NUTS!" Kyungsoo roared again whilst driving himself and his friend away.

"First Baekhyun and now you too..." Kyungsoo muttered under his breath, anger oozing out of his every word. Though it was an angry comment and supposed to be ignored, Chanyeol couldn't help but filter Baekhyun's name out of it and get tensed. He processed what Kyungsoo had just uttered and his eyes widened to the size of the saucers when he realized what the comment meant. It was crazy how he could think clearly when it came to the well-being of Baekhyun. He decided to ignore the nagging feeling that had taken over his mind and not trouble his friend than he already had. But he was getting more and more worried about Baekhyun and he couldn't handle the anxiousness he felt.

"S-Soo, did d-did you just s-say Ba-Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked, a bit unsure of his friend's reaction, yet too curious about his love interest!

"Yes. Baekhyun. I said Baekhyun. So what?" He heard Kyungsoo's angry voice and he could clearly see how the smaller was gritting his teeth.

"Wha-what a-abo-about him?" Chanyeol tried his luck and questioned his friend again only to be ignored and answered with a silent glare.

"We're here. Get down now." Kyungsoo said after a while and turned off the engine.

"But Soo..." Chanyeol trailed off when he saw his friend's scary look and immediately complied.

"I'll tell you... Everything... From the scratch... Now just move your heavy out of my car..." Kyungsoo said as he stepped out of the car and waited for his lanky friend to start walking.

***

"Hyung, stop crying... Please... It was just a stupid dream... A nightmare... Kyungsoo just texted Luhan that he is with Chanyeol and that he is doing fine. He is not dead and certainly not hit by a car! Now stop crying..." Sehun was trying his best to make Baekhyun realize that he was getting fooled by a nightmare. He wasn't sure how to comfort the elder anymore. Luhan, his dear boyfriend, and Baekhyun's best friend, had given up a long time ago and Chen was nowhere to be found, leaving Sehun alone to handle a hysteric Baekhyun.

"He-he... Cha-Chan-yeol... He got hit... hit by a- a car... I-" Baekhyun crying hard and hiccupping with each word. His voice was growing weaker with each passing seconds and Sehun knew within no time he would pass out due to dehydration.

"Hyung, listen to me... HYUNG!" Sehun shouted at the crying male, unable to hold himself back from doing so. Baekhyun, who was lost in the memories of his dream, suddenly stopped mumbling things and looked up at the taller guy, who was holding him up by his shoulders.

"Hyung, Chanyeol is fine. He is doing good. Now, you need to take care of yourself and make sure that you're in good health before you step in front of him, isn't it? Don't you think he'd be tensed if you look sick and weak? Do you want him to get worried, hyung?" Sehun sat beside Baekhyun and tried his best to make the other understand the situation in whatever way possible. Baekhyun was looking up at him like a lost child, eyes glassy and hair tousled. After a few moments of silence, Baekhyun nodded his head as an affirmation to Sehun's question.

Before Sehun could say anything else, they heard Chen.

"Baekhyun, it's Kris. He wants to talk to you." Chen walked in holding out Baekhyun's phone.

"It's urgent, he says! You should talk to him." Chen added despite being jabbed by Luhan right in the stomach.

"I-I'm af-afraid..." Baekhyun whispered.

"He can't hurt you, Baek. He is not here." Chen tried to convince the shivering form of the male. When Luhan tried to snatch the phone away from Chen's hold, Baekhyun gathered some guts to talk to Kris and extended his hand to take hold of his phone.

"He-hello..." Baekhyun whispered into the phone and the other three vacated the room to let him have some privacy.

Outside the room, Chen was pacing to and fro while biting his nails. Luhan was having something akin to a panic attack and Sehun was dealing with his worry talks and holding up his sweating form.

"Sehun, do you think he is fine? Should I check on him? I-I... Why isn't he coming out? Do you think there could be something wrong? Aish!" Luhan continuously blabbered his worries and Sehun was tired of listening to such talks for the whole day. He wished he could return to the city and dance to his heart's content. He was looking to have some good time with his boyfriend when he visited and clearly not expecting to be stuck in such a situation.

"Lu! Stop it, please! He will be fi-" Sehun didn't get to finish the phrase when Baekhyun came out of the room with face sporting minimal to no expressions at all! Chen hurried towards the dazed male when he saw Baekhyun having trouble keeping still on his legs.

"What's wrong? Baekhyun, are you okay?" Chen and Luhan walked him back to the room and sat him down on the bed.

"Baek?" Luhan asked him while sweeping back the strands of hair covering his eyes and looking at him with worry.

"Kris..." Baekhyun let out a shaky breath before continuing.

"Kris said, he is letting go of me... He-he nullified the contra-contract..." Baekhyun uttered. Each word filled with surprise and relief, voice soft. He could only whisper and Luhan stared at him not believing what the other had just said.

Chen looked at Luhan with weary eyes and gestured if what he heard was right, only to receive the same flabbergasted look from the other. Sehun, who was still in his senses, responded to the news with loud 'whoop' and jumped from the bed with excitement. When he looked back at Baekhyun, he saw the other's eyes lined with a thin layer of tears and light smile taking over his tired face.

When Luhan and Chen saw the smile on Baekhyun's face the news finally sunk into their slow processing brains and they hugged the life out of Baekhyun. Sehun jumped on the bed and joined the group hug while shouting a 'celebration time' in his boyfriend's ears.

After hugging the daylights out of Baekhyun, Luhan decided that he needed to know the details. So he asked Baekhyun, "Why did he cancel this arrangement? What would you do that made him cancel it?"

Baekhyun, who was feeling giddy with excitement, frowned a little on remembering something.

"He didn't tell me... When I asked he said that he wanted me to be happy and said his goodbye..." Baekhyun sighed, still frowning about the fact that he was not given a proper reason.

"I don't know... Why wouldn't he tell me? I can't think of anything for now... I'm tired and it feels good to be relieved... I will just sleep it off... I should be able to think once I get some good sleep... And later I'll call him back and ask..." With that said, Baekhyun laid down on the bed and closed his eyes, all set to fall into a deep sleep.

Luhan sighed heavily and walked away from the bed. Pulling Sehun by the wrist, he then walked out of the room, clearly exhausted from having dealt with the chaos. Sehun, without uttering a word, followed him out after signaling Chen to do the same as well.

"I don't get it! Why would he do that and moreover, why wouldn't he tell Baekhyun anything about it!? He deserves to know the reason..." Chen sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time and plopped down on a chair facing Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter