13. Emptiness.

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi!

I hope, you guys are enjoying the story. I'm not really sure how you all feel about it. Anyways, the 13th chapter is here. Forgive me for mistakes and errors! I'm not really satisfied with how this chapter has come out to be :( But, I don't know of any other ways to write this down. So, here is the chapter. Happy reading~

 

 

 

Emptiness.

 

 

Kris had decided to visit his childhood friend, now that he was back in Korea after almost three years. Not caring about the other's schedule, just like he always did, Kris barged into Chanyeol's place, surprising the maids and even scaring a few of them with the cold look on his face. When there arose a conflict and shouts of the scared maids resonated through the silent mansion, Mrs. Park hurried to the scene. When she saw the source of all the chaos, she asked the maids to calm down and dismissed them.

"Kris! When will you stop doing that?" Mrs. Park asked the tall guy while thumping on the back of his head to make him groan with pain.

"Oww! Mama Park, calm down... I was just having some fun- oww ow~" He started whining and whimpering when Mrs. Park twisted his ear inflicting more pain.

"You've got to fix that! Do you know how hard it is to get hold of those servants for household work? Don't scare them off with your careless attitude!" Mrs. Park explained to him about the difficulties and let go of his ear when she deemed his ear was red enough to hurt for a few more hours!

"KRIS WU!?" Kris heard a shout from the stairs and looked up to see his lanky friend looking down at him with shock written all over his face. He smirked and winked at his friend before making his way into the kitchen following Mrs. Park closely. Chanyeol hurried down the stairs and followed his friend into the kitchen.

"What a surprise! How come you're in Korea?" Chanyeol thumped Kris on his back as a friendly gesture.

"Well, I can't just let my parents choose a random boy from the crowds as my husband now! Can I?" Kris answered with a playful smirk.

"That means you're finally getting married huh?" Mrs. Park asked while serving him a plateful of sliced fruits.

"Yeah. Mama would kill me if I asked for any more of the time!" Kris replied, munching on the strawberry lightly.

"And you don't seem to be unhappy about this! Wow! When is the marriage bro?" Chanyeol was more excited than Kris was and Mrs. Park giggled at the sight.

"Don't know about the marriage, but the engagement happens to be soon..." Kris mumbled.

"Soon? As in?" Chanyeol asked, again hyped up about his friend's marriage.

"As in, next week?" Kris said nonchalantly and raised a brow when Chanyeol's mouth fell open, welcoming all the imaginary flies into his awaiting mouth!

***

"Kris, it's too soon... I need some time to.. to get used to it... It's too soon..." Chanyeol paced to and fro in his room, biting his nails and successfully hitting his toe with the table leg!

"OWW!" Chanyeol shouted and jumped on his left leg while holding his hurt toe in his hands and trying to ease the pain, curses never ceasing to leave his mouth!

All the while, Kris calmly sat on the bed and munched on a pack of potato chips, amusedly watching his friend gradually going crazy.

"I swear on my hurt toe! It's happening too soon!" Chanyeol seethed and plopped down on the bed beside his friend.

"My dear friend, is it me or you, getting engaged next week?" Kris asked with sarcasm dripping down with each word he uttered. He did not forget to roll his eyes either! His friend was overreacting!

"Whatever! I still don't believe this!? Kris Wu's getting married!? YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED BEFORE ME!?" An unmanly shriek escaped Chanyeol's mouth and Kris finally got annoyed with his hyped up friend.

"Yes. I am. So what?" Kris deadpanned.

"Kris, you promised me... that we'll be getting married together; on the same day, at the same place; of course, not to the same person!" Chanyeol said the last bit of the sentence with a slight grin.

"You know Mama right? She wouldn't listen... So I had to agree and break our promise..." Kris genuinely looked sorry for breaking the promise, even though it was childish to stick to the promise they made when they were still young and immature!

"Ah, it's okay!" Chanyeol smiled at him and continued- "You're happy right?"

Kris sighed and then put up a bright smile to emphasize his nod of assurance.

"Yes. I am happy. Very happy." Kris said and fell back on the bed, closing his eyes.

"How does he look like? Is he handsome? Or is he beautiful?" Chanyeol wiggled his brows naughtily and excitedly came over to Kris's side.

"Would you believe me, if I said, he's handsome yet beautiful!" Kris seemed to be dazed in the memories of his going-to-be fiance's beautiful and attractive features.

"Well, for once, yes! I know a boy, who is just like that! In fact, he is much more than that! He's y and hot and-" Chanyeol had started rambling about the supposedly beautiful boy. At that, Kris smirked and thumped hard on Chanyeol's head, making him hiss in pain and scramble away from the violent male, that hogged his bed at the moment!

"Chan, buddy, you seem to be fantasizing about someone! Who is it, hm?" It was now Kris's turn to be naughty and he took it upon himself to inquire his friend!

"That's my soon-to-be boyfriend, for you. You don't have to know about this now. Coming back to you... Who is the lucky boy, hm?" Chanyeol asked.

***

"CHANYEOL! CHANYEOL!" Kyungsoo hollered as soon as he barged in through the front door of the Park residence.

"Whoa! Calm down Kyungie... You'll scare away the crows. Poor birdies..." Mrs. Park said, who was sitting on a couch in the living room and reading a magazine.

"Where's the doofus?" Kyungsoo asked, not bothering to get back at his friend's mother for teasing him.

"He's upstairs-" Kyungsoo ran off before she could complete her sentence "-with Kris..." She sighed and shook her head at the impatient young man who dashed into her son's bedroom.

"CHAN-" Kyungsoo kicked open the door and stopped mid-sentence "-yeol..." Kyungsoo paled at the sight that welcomed him. There stood a tall, handsome male, clothes screaming class and eyes intimidating, cold, and scrutinizing.

"Kris Wu..." Kyungsoo whispered with a heavy heart and a shocked gasp.

"Oh hey Kyungsoo! How are you doing? Here to meet Chanyeol?" Kris turned to Kyungsoo and said.

"Umm.. Fine, I guess. Yes. Chan-Chanyeol.. Where is h-he?" Kyungsoo gulped, dreading the worst.

"He is not here. He just went out after saying something about an emergency, friend, or something like that..." Kris said.

"Oh! Whe-where would he go?" Kyungsoo asked, fingers fumbling with the door knob and face glistening with sweat.

"I don't know. He just ran off..." Kris said and Kyungsoo immediately closed the door, striding off to look for his supposedly heartbroken friend.

***

The lake was frozen and the weather had grown colder in the last five minutes that he had been here. But nothing seemed to bother him and neither was it any good for his shattered heart. The trees were covered with sparkling white snowflakes, the evening sun rendering a yellow glow to icicles hanging from the tree branches; Chanyeol's black jacket was getting wet with every passing minute due to melting snow, but he cared less.

"Who is the lucky boy, hm?" Chanyeol asked.

Kris looked up into his eyes and passed a smile; eyes twinkling with happiness and adoration. Chanyeol was rendered speechless at the emotions that were floating in his friend's eyes. He had never seen such a lively look in his friend's eyes and right now, he wanted to treasure the moment and thank the one who made it possible!

"Come over here. I'll show you..." Kris said while gesturing him to sit beside him on the bed.

"Waaa... You already have his picture? You're so fast dude! Whatever, first tell me his name..." Chanyeol trailed off when he saw the picture of the boy displayed on Kris's phone. The world around him started spinning and made him feel dizzy; his eyes grew misty and unfocused, mind going fuzzy with a million thoughts running around in his head. Slowly he felt his dreams crumbling down, one by one getting destroyed and leaving him with nothing but emptiness!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter