22. Crazy In Love...

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Crazy In Love...

 

Note: Not proof-read.

 

 

Chanyeol wanted to dive down into a deep sea and drown himself. He felt like his world was collapsing when Baekhyun started ignoring his calls and texts because he was miffed. No, miffed was not the right word. He was angry and more of disappointed at him. Baekhyun's dear friend Chen made sure to not let him step into a foot's radius around Baekhyun. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to beg for forgiveness, kneeling down at Baekhyun's feet, but he believed he did not deserve to be forgiven. Just like how Chen had claimed.

The day after their first date, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had decided to spend the evening together in the park, nearby Baekhyun's villa. Resting under the shade of the trees, they had taken to chat with each other, talking about anything that came to their mind. The talks lead to one and the other, bringing Chanyeol to talk about how he came to know about their first kiss. How he had asked Kyungsoo and his other friends to not let Baekhyun know about how he had talked Kris out of their supposed marriage. Chanyeol also revealed that it was him, who had been following Baekhyun, who had dragged him into the dark room in the changing room and whom Baekhyun had seen in the cafe the next morning. Baekhyun was rendered speechless with surprise. Slowly, when the details sunk into his fogged mind, his eyes watered up and his heart felt tight with feelings akin to anger and sadness. Chanyeol, who had noticed the change, asked him if he was okay, to which Baekhyun ignored him and ran away from him, not listening to his frantic calls. Chanyeol had tried his best to talk to Baekhyun by following him into the villa and banging the main door that Baekhyun had shut right on his face.

Chanyeol was clueless until the next morning; until Chen stormed into the classroom quite early and knocked him out of his chair. He was surprised at first, but when he heard what Chen had to say, he was left with nothing to utter, except for a string of apologies. He could not forgive himself for being the one who had caused Baekhyun to fall ill, who had triggered the deepest and darkest memories about his past. He took all the blows from a furious Chen, letting him beat him to death if he wished. It had continued on until Kyungsoo came in and intervened. But it had not been easy for him to pull Chen away from Chanyeol. He could only stop it when he had raised his voice and shouted, 'IT'S A REQUEST FROM BAEKHYUN, KIM JONGDAE! LET . HIM . GO.'

Despite saving Chanyeol from Chen's wrath, Baekhyun was not ready to talk to him yet. Neither was he ready to face Chanyeol head on and listen to what Chanyeol had to say. This hurt Chanyeol, but what hurt more was knowing he had been the main cause of Baekhyun's illness, through which he had to suffer for a month and a bit more. It brought him to tears every time, and he had to swallow all of them up so that he could punish himself. Kyungsoo tried hard to talk him out of it, asking him to give Baekhyun a little bit of time and not punish himself. But Chanyeol refused to listen.

Baekhyun was not any better. He was a mess, eyes dull and void of the usual glint, shoulders sagged down, no words spoken until absolutely necessary. It was impossible for Baekhyun to think of Chanyeol without being remembered about the hell he had been through. His heart physically ached at the mention of Chanyeol's name, whenever Kyungsoo would tell him how the other was doing. Kyungsoo and the others were surprised to know that Baekhyun still wanted to know every little thing about Chanyeol's activities, despite having gone through such a torturous experience caused by the very same person. Chen accused him of being a softy, and Baekhyun did not hesitate to shut him up by throwing a fact right at his face. 'I LOVE HIM. IF THAT'S NOT A REASON ENOUGH TO...' Baekhyun trailed off, eyes red with unshed tears and legs trembling with noticeable shivers.

As days went by, Kyungsoo became the mediator between the two, relaying messages to each other. Day by day, he witnessed how Baekhyun was slowly healing; the scars from the old wounds fading and slowly, yet eventually, disappearing. He saw how Chanyeol stayed strong, patiently waiting for Baekhyun to come to terms with everything that had happened and everything that was about to happen.

One hand-written letter from Baekhyun and Chanyeol's reply to it had mended their broken hearts. Though the duo was not in talking terms, their love stayed intact, growing strong with time, Kyungsoo dared to say. 

 

 

“How long will you stay away from him? It’s been eight days… Why don’t you just go and talk to him already?” Luhan, who was still not back from the short visit to his boyfriend's place, asked him.

“Nine, not eight. And, yeah. I’ll talk to him. But not now. I’m coming to terms with things slowly. I think I’ll go back to him soon…” Baekhyun mumbled into the phone.

“Oh, for god sake, Baekhyun! You’re even keeping count of the days and if I’m not wrong, the number of hours too! I don’t care if I come off as harsh to you, you’re wasting the time. I mean, come on! It’s not like he did it on purpose or something. Just go and talk to him… Don’t keep him away and shut yourself from him. You said, he was the one who helped you fight the nightmares along with the therapy. So, you see, he cures you. Don’t you think it’d be better for you to share everything with him? He might be the trigger to your nightmares but look at it this way. He is the cure too! Just talk it out and move on already…” The last bit came off as a whiny tantrum from the other, while Baekhyun sighed dejectedly, not finding anything to argue back with.

"I'm off... Sehun's coming in a bit, gotta go... See ya~" Luhan singsonged the goodbyes bringing a flash of a smile on Baekhyun's lips.

 

__

 

"Come to the music room. Right now!" And the line went dead immediately, even before Chanyeol could utter a word.

"Hey, that's not the way to the class. Chanyeol-" Kyungsoo grabbed him by the arm and tried to pull him in the direction of their class.

"I'm skipping classes. Go on without me, Soo..." Chanyeol replied and jogged across the lounge, into the music block.

 

 

"Baekhyun, what happe-"

A hard thump was what he was welcomed into the music room with and the loud groan on his part was exactly what Baekhyun needed to get the last bit of anger out of his system.

"I love you..." Baekhyun announced offhandedly and walked to the piano in the center of the room.

"I love you too?" Chanyeol was confused beyond words, thus the declaration of his love coming off as a question.

"You're not sure? Already tired of me?" Baekhyun sat down on the bench, facing the piano and extended his hands to start playing a soft tune that allowed them to continue with their talks.

"What? NO! It's just-" Chanyeol was cut off in midsentence with Baekhyun's voice joining soft melodies of the piano.

He looks divine... We can always talk later, but, ! This is the first time I have seen him from so close when he is singing! GOD! 

And that's how they reconciled and how Chanyeol ended up taking Baekhyun on a long drive to an unknown hill, to sit and talk nonstop about every little thing they missed out on their small time apart. That was until Chanyeol's stomach grumbled making Baekhyun giggle like a teenager.

__

[After three months.]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter