4. He's different...

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello!

I'm back with the next chapter. But, before you rush to read, just know that the chapter is not proofread! I'm quite busy so couldn't concentrate much on this :(

Also, about the coming chapters, they're all going to be from Baekhyun's side and wouldn't include Chanyeol's POV. After a few chapters, there will be a chapter with Chanyeol's POV. 

That's it. Go on and read :)

_____________________________________________

 

 

"Wuhohoho... That was unexpected!"

Baekhyun was getting desperate now! His friends continued to browse through the text messages and briefly read the things written in there.

"He seems to be crazy over Baek! Baek, my friend, you're literally being worshiped by this guy!” Chen said not lifting his eyes from the phone even for a second.

Few more such kinds of comments were passed inducing restlessness in Baekhyun. He reached a point where he could no longer hold in his curiosity. Swiftly acting, he snatched the phone from his friends' hold and ran to a room by the side of the living room and locked the door to keep the distractions away.

He sat down on the beanbag by the window, overlooking the beautiful lane of trees. He took a moment to soothe his eyes with the view stretched in front of his eyes. The phone in his hand vibrated to indicate a received message. Baekhyun saw the sender's name and opened the message immediately when he saw that it was from Kyungsoo. There may be something related to that guy!

KS: Ya! Where's that idiot? Why isn't he receiving my call?

Seeing that the message was not of his area of interest, he ignored it and scanned through the old conversation to find out the guy's name. After a few seconds, the mobile vibrated again. Continuously a set of messages were received and Baekhyun opened them to see what Kyungsoo had to say.

KS: I really hope he's with his noona. I pray to god that he's not hiding behind the tree by the side of the football court and sneaking glances at Baekhyun while he's busy practicing! Why doesn't he understand that he's stalking? Urghhh... How do I explain this to the thick head!!

Stalking!? Uh-oh!

KS: Either he has to confess or move on... I'm really going crazy babysitting him! Ahh... he's worse than a baby!

KS: I really hope he doesn't end up doing something stupid and get us both to clean it after him!

KS: Aish! Where are YOU now? Chan's not answering his phone and you're not answering my messages! 

KS: If you're with him ask him to call me. Stupid.Park.Chan.Yeol. I'm worried..

Baekhyun was stumped! Well, stumped was an understatement! He was blown! He re-read the message to make sure that it was the same guy Kyungsoo was talking about. So, Mr. Park Chanyeol fancies me! OH.MY.GOD! There was no doubt that Kyungsoo was talking about Chanyeol and this struck him hard! OH.MY.DEAR.GOD!

KS: Is Chanyeol with you? Are you two together? ANSWER MEEEE!!!

KS: I give up... It's a waste trying to get your attention. BYE!

Baekhyun was frozen on his spot. Blood rushed to his brain in full jest and he felt light-headed at the suddenness of it all. He stood there, unmoving, clutching the phone in his right hand and the left hand clenching. His clouded mind registered a banging sound from a distance that seemed to get louder with each passing second. His subconscious even noted his friends' faint voices calling out his name, but he still remained frozen. It was the shrilling sound of his mobile that brought him back to the planet earth.

"Alright, shut up! I'm coming out...” he answered the call and replied to an unstoppable Chen.

"Ya! Why did you lock the door? What were you doing there, hiding?” Chen started his ranting as soon as Baekhyun opened the door. Baekhyun was yet to recover from the shock, thus ignored Chen and walked away.

Chen saw Baekhyun walking out of the door, into the garden. He paced up behind Baekhyun, calling out his name to get his attention! Luhan, who was silent just shrugged his shoulders and picked up the phone that Baekhyun had effectively dropped down on the couch while walking out. He resumed reading the messages, not sparing a second glance to his two friends.

 

 

Baekhyun sat there, moving his hands over the soft grass. He was silent for over an hour and he enjoyed the feeling of wind wafting through his shiny, black locks. The garden was colorfully decorated with beautiful flowers, all shades of red, blue and yellow. Spreading his legs on the grass beneath him, he let out a small sigh.

Baekhyun had sent Chen away an hour ago. He was not interested in answering any of his friend's questions! He wanted to be alone for a while. At that time, his brain had still not started functioning normally. Deciding that he needed time to digest everything, he had asked Chen to stay away from him until the next morning.

***

Once Luhan had deleted the video from the phone and made sure that there were no other things that he could be blackmailed with, he tossed the phone to Chen, who was busy worrying about Baekhyun who was too silent for his liking. Luhan paid no attention to Chen's complaints and worries.

"He'll get right back to you, Chen. You know him!" with this said, Luhan merrily walked into his room and locked the door to prevent Chen from barging in!

Having no one to listen to his babbles, Chen thought it was better for him to return to his home after keeping the mobile where it had been. After a few minutes, he walked out of the house, relieved that he didn't get into any trouble for stealing the phone for a while. He saw Baekhyun was still lost in his thoughts. As asked, Chen left Baekhyun to himself and started to his home.

***

The three besties walked into their classroom. They took seats at the far end of the classroom. The class was still pretty much empty since they were early. It was not usual for all the three of them to be here so early. It's always Baekhyun who would save two seats for the other two. Their classmates, whoever had come early, had their heads turned towards the three, burning a hole through their souls! A few were angry because the presence of Chen and Luhan didn't let them have their early morning talk with their y Baekie! Not like he paid any attention to them or replied them! Some were angry because they were deprived of their dose of Baekhyun's morning voice. Baekhyun wasn't humming today. He was preoccupied! This didn't go down well with his fans.

Luhan, who knew what was up with Baekhyun, woke up early that morning to watch how Baekhyun would react to Chanyeol's presence in the same room as he is. With the revelation, things had changed a lot. Luhan knew Baekhyun was curious to know more about his admirer. He, of course, didn't know the reason behind Baekhyun's overly curious behavior! It was normal for Baekhyun to have a queue running behind him, asking for his acceptance. But, he never paid attention to any of them. There must be something about this guy. 

Soon the classroom started filling up. Chen, for some reason, looked slightly anxious and completely clueless! Luhan was busy sweet talking his boyfriend over the phone, whereas Baekhyun looked a little excited. Chen didn't understand why Baekhyun was so excited and Luhan was tired of explaining whys and whats of Baekhyun's feelings!

"I'd rather do my math homework than make you understand, Kim Jongdae!” Luhan had said, exasperated.

As it neared the time for the class to start, the classroom started buzzing with everybody trying to settle down not so silently. It was time for their first class and the professor walked in holding a textbook.

"Good morning, class" the professor bellowed. His voice was loud and commanding resulting in pin drop silence. He took a minute to glance at everybody and make sure that there would be no more noise of students moving around.

The attendance was called and the professor had already started with the lecture, but there was no sign of Chanyeol. Baekhyun uneasily moved in his seat which made the slightest noise of creaking. He flinched and squeezed his eyes tight when he was hit by a chalk piece thrown at him by the professor.

"Mr. Byun Baekhyun, would you mind telling me what's troubling you?"

Baekhyun slowly stood up and grinned at his professor. He didn't know how to act when caught doing something that he wasn't supposed to! He had always been a bad liar and would usually mess it up when asked for an explanation.

The professor sent a glare and a 'you are going to regret this' look at him. Baekhyun saw his angry face and immediately knew that as usual, he had messed it up big time!

!

"Would you mind sharing the reason behind your beautiful smile? Your friends, or should I say "fans", would love to know." the professor started walking towards the end of the classroom.

Did I smile like a goof, now? I always do that! Idiot! Baekhyun berated himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter