I Only Have Eyes for You

Baby, Let's Cruise

I can't believe I started this yesterday and actually managed to finish it without getting stuck. That's a major feat for me. But anyway, this is the flipside of the last chapter; i.e, Sungyeol is the jealous one this tme. And just like that chapter, this didn't go very much like I imagined. There's also a teensy bit of myunggyu/gyusoo. I guess this is before the last chapter and maybe even close to the start of their relationship. I'm out of things to say, but hopefully you guys enjoy this story as well.

 

 


 

 

Myungsoo had stopped being surprised by most of the questionable things Sungyeol does after about the three-month mark in their relationship. He's come to accept his boyfriend's eccentricities partly out of love and partly because it's only fair. Myungsoo knows he can get a little weird sometimes (Hoya never misses an opportunity to remind him), but Sungyeol has never once complained or pushed him away. Oddly enough, he finds those moments cute. No one else Myungsoo has ever dated—or known, really—has found his weirdness cute. He's starting to think he and Sungyeol must be destined for each other.

But Myungsoo doesn't think any of that can explain why Sungyeol is sitting across from him doing a love shot with Jiae. The two quickly down the beer in their glasses before unlinking their arms and high-fiving. Sujeong, who's sitting on the actor's other side, taps Sungyeol on his shoulder. "Me too, me too," she chirps excitedly, her words just starting to slur. The redness of her cheeks and the way her hair is slowly coming out of the neat ponytail she'd started the day with are telltale signs she's close to reaching her limit. The beer in her glass nearly sloshes over the rim as she wraps her arm around Sungyeol. She gets through half of her drink before stopping for a breath. Sungyeol, on the other hand, finishes the full glass of beer Jiae had happily poured for him and clanks the empty glass onto the table. His eyes, half-lidded and not entirely focused, find Myungsoo's after a moment. His face is flushed and he's grinning like he's accomplished some great feat and is waiting for Myungsoo's praise.

Biting back a scoff, Myungsoo sips at his half-full rum and coke. Unlike his co-workers, he'd decided to take it easy for the night. Even though he has the next day off he'd rather not spend it nursing a hangover. Not to mention he also gets rather touchy when he's drunk. They've just stopped teasing him about trying to cuddle with Sunggyu the last time they went out for a team dinner.

A microphone being shoved into his face reminds him of his boss's presence as well as the fact that they're in a karaoke room. Everyone had been too busy drinking (and not-so-subtly trying to get Sungyeol to invite at least one of his celebrity friends) to bother with the music. But now it seems Sunggyu is trying to change that. Myungsoo accepts the mic for the sake of politeness although he's not in the mood for singing. Sunggyu doesn't give him a chance to decline, though, pulling him up by the arm as soon as the microphone is in his hand. Sujeong and Jiae cheer as Myungsoo and Sunggyu walk to the front of the room. Sungyeol looks on silently with an amused expression. Myungsoo avoids his boyfriend's gaze, focusing instead on the TV screen as he waits for the song his boss picked to start.

He tries not to groan once the first notes fill up the room. The girls cheer even louder and Sungyeol is still silent. Sunggyu sings the first, turning to Myungsoo.

"Sometimes, I get annoyed without even knowing. But my feelings for you haven’t changed."

Myungsoo has to glance at the lyrics on the screen to refresh his memory. Soon enough the words come easily to him and he looks back at Sunggyu, singing to him. His boss commits himself fully to the performance. He moves closer to Myungsoo and places a warm hand on his side just above his waist. Myungsoo would've already started wondering how much his boss had to drink if he wasn't enjoying their show so much. He's pretty much forgotten about his boyfriend wedged between Jiae and Sujeong. The two girls half-shout the words along with them and start to whoop and whistle when they get to the chorus.

"These days, it feels like you’re mine, it seems like you’re mine but not," Sunggyu sings first, wrapping his arm around Myungsoo to pull him closer. It would be romantic if they weren’t trying their hardest not to burst out laughing.

"It feels like I’m yours, it seems like I’m yours but not," Myungsoo sings back. His mood has gone up considerably since the start of the night. At first he'd been happy that Sungyeol wanted to spend time with him and get to know his work friends better. Things had quickly gone downhill after Sungyeol practically ignored him all throughout dinner. It’s not like Myungsoo needs his constant attention. It would’ve just been nice if his boyfriend had acknowledged him a little more during the night.

That could be why he’s acting so close with Sunggyu now. Because at least his boss is paying attention to him. Even if it’s in a weird, quasi-scandalous kind of way. But there’s also a part of him that hopes their little show will make Sungyeol jealous. Enough so that he wants Myungsoo all to himself, preferably for the rest of the night.

Myungsoo wonders if he’s gotten his wish when he sees Sungyeol get up out of the corner of his eye. He watches the other slip out of the room unnoticed as Sunggyu puts his best effort into the rap. Although Myungsoo's first instinct is to take off after him, it would be rude to leave in the middle of the song. He waits until they've finished singing and gotten their score before excusing himself. Jiae chants for an encore while Sujeong belatedly notices Sungyeol's absence.

There's no sign of Sungyeol when Myungsoo steps out of the room. He heads towards the exit hoping Sungyeol hasn't left yet despite his head start. Outside the air is hot and humid, a stark contrast from the air conditioning. The late night crowd has thinned out enough so that the street is close to empty. Luckily, Sungyeol hasn't gotten very far—or gone anywhere at all. He's leaning against the side of the building, looking up at the sky. His face is still flushed, but now it's more from the heat than alcohol. Myungsoo waits until a group of tourists pass by before approaching him. His hand slips into Sungyeol's hesitantly, half-expecting to be brushed off. "Did you want some company?"

Sungyeol's eyes go wide with surprise first before softening. "I don't know," he answers coolly. "I'm kinda mad at you right now."

Myungsoo tries to hide his smile. He probably shouldn't show the other how much he's enjoying this moment. "You mean you're jealous."

"Wouldn't you be too if you had to watch me singing love songs with my boss?"

Considering the likelihood of that ever happening is strongly pointing towards never, Myungsoo can't say how he would feel. But he can understand how seeing him be so close and comfortable with someone else made Sungyeol upset. That's not what he'd been aiming for. He doesn’t think he deserves all of the blame, though. Leaning against the wall next to Sungyeol, Myungsoo threads their fingers together. "It's not like I didn't have a good reason to make you jealous. You've been ignoring me all night."

Sungyeol lets out an indignant squawk as he pushes off of the wall to face his boyfriend. "Because I thought that's what you wanted. You looked disappointed when I joined you guys for dinner and then you seemed mad when I agreed to come here. I figured you needed space, so I gave it to you."

"Of course I was disappointed," Myungsoo scoffs, rolling his eyes at how dumb Sungyeol could be sometimes. "I was hoping you were going to say no when they invited you. Then I could've left after dinner and gone to your place and, you know, then we could’ve spent the night together."

Sungyeol steps closer to Myungsoo and lifts their connected hands up to press a soft kiss to the back of the other's hand. "You still can," he smiles down at Myungsoo.

"You’re not still kinda mad at me?"

"Just promise you won’t sing any more duets with guys who aren’t me."

"Not even with Hoya," Myungsoo swears, chuckling at his boyfriend’s pettiness. He leans in to steal a quick kiss from Sungyeol’s lips. Remembering they’re still in public, he stops himself from leaning back in again for a longer kiss. Sungyeol doesn’t seem to have any qualms about where they are or who might see them. He dips down to reconnect their lips, tilting his head to deepen the kiss. Just as Myungsoo starts to get lost in the sweet moment, Sungyeol pulls away to give him another stipulation.

"Don’t sing with any pretty girls either."

Myungsoo snorts, sliding his arms around the other’s neck. "My mother will be so disappointed." They share a laugh along with a warm look. The night is still relatively young, but Myungsoo is ready to head home—well, to Sungyeol’s home. "I don’t need any space from you, just so you know." His fingers play with the hair at Sungyeol’s nape. He wants to pull him close again, but he refrains. "I just need you."