Got a Thing For You

Baby, Let's Cruise

Prompt: listen i'd love to have with you right now but your cat keeps staring at us and i can't

This is another one that took me forever. I ended up changing the ending, but I like this version better. I think I had more to say, but I can't think of anything now, so I'll stop talking.

 


 

Sungyeol loves movie night. It's not the most romantic or original idea for a date—no matter what Myungsoo claims. They don't dress up or try to impress each other. At this point in their relationship, though, that's not really necessary anymore. Sungyeol makes the popcorn (and stockpiles as much candy as his arms can carry) while Myungsoo picks the movie (usually something sappy or just incredibly bad). Then they curl up on the couch together in the dark and watch all of ten minutes of the movie before more important things come to mind. Because, really, movie night is just code for making out on the couch.

"The opening credits aren't even done yet," Sungyeol says when he feels the press of Myungsoo's lips on the back of his neck. The younger man had chosen to lay behind Sungyeol so he could wrap all his limbs around the actor. Sungyeol doesn't mind being the little spoon sometimes. He feels safe (and loved) in Myungsoo's arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about." They both know that's a blatant lie, but Sungyeol doesn't call him out on it. The music from the movie fills in the silence between them. Myungsoo's kisses trail up Sungyeol's neck to right under his ear as his fingertips slip under Sungyeol's shirt.

The satisfied smile on Myungsoo's face isn't a surprise to Sungyeol when he turns onto his back. "Should we have even bothered with the movie?"

"But I love this movie," Myungsoo argues.

"Yeah, I can tell by how engrossed you are in it." His sarcasm is wasted on the other since Myungsoo goes back to nipping at Sungyeol's neck. His fingers slip further under Sungyeol's shirt, drawing out a quiet sigh. Sungyeol pulls him closer when the other man finally leans in for a kiss. The movie is easily forgotten as they fall deeper into each other. Impatient hands (Sungyeol's) tug at clothes and amused laughter (Myungsoo's) fills the room.

Sungyeol opens his eyes slowly when Myungsoo sits back to pull off Sungyeol's sweatpants (and press his lips to every inch of skin that's exposed in the process). A suggestion of a change of scenery dies on the tip of his tongue after a small figure in his peripheral vision catches his attention. Turning his head, he makes out Myungsoo's cat sitting on his haunches by the TV. Technically, Byul is their cat—or so Myungsoo has insisted when he'd surprised Sungyeol with him. They would raise Byul together, as practice of sorts. Although Sungyeol had wanted to be mad at the other man for making such an important decision without him, the mention of their future family had changed his mind. It's definite now, their shared future—their shared dream—not just a hypothetical. But in the case of the cat, it's clear who the real parent is. Byul obviously prefers Myungsoo and the younger man coddles him so much, Sungyeol can't blame the cat for his favoritism.

Sungyeol lets out a quiet curse when his eyes meet Byul's glowing ones. It's like he just knows what's going on. And he's not happy about it.

"I didn't even do anything yet," Myungsoo says, oblivious to their one-cat audience. He slides his hands up Sungyeol's legs as he moves to press their bodies together.

Sungyeol stops him short with a hand on his chest. "Don't look so smug. I wasn't talking about you." He tips his head towards where Byul is still watching them.

Myungsoo looks between his fiancé and their cat. He tries and fails to straighten out the smile pulling up the corners of his mouth. "Are you getting performance anxiety because of a cat," he asks, his tone teasing.

With a scoff, Sungyeol raises himself up to his elbows, inadvertently bringing his face even closer to Myungsoo's smirking one. "There's nothing wrong with my performance. I'd just rather not have in front of him," he admits. He leaves out the feeling he has that Byul would judge him the whole time. His omission seems to be pointless as Myungsoo still laughs. Sungyeol smacks him on the shoulder, but that doesn’t stop Myungsoo’s soft chuckles. "Stop laughing," he orders to no avail. Pushing Myungsoo off him, Sungyeol sits up on the couch. He doesn't appreciate being laughed at.

"Should I put him in the bedroom," Myungsoo suggests, "Or would you rather we go there instead?" He's finally stopped laughing at Sungyeol, though he doesn't look like he's taking the conversation any more seriously than before. Probably because they're both sitting in their underwear in the dark.

Sungyeol avoids Myungsoo's lips when he leans in for a kiss. He turns to face the TV instead. The mood's ruined now, mostly due to Byul's sudden appearance. "Let's just watch the movie."

Myungsoo deflates next to him. He slips his arms around Sungyeol's waist as he rests his chin on the other's shoulder. "But I've seen it a hundred times already," he whines against Sungyeol's collarbone.

"Then a hundred and one won't hurt."

"Is it because I laughed at you?"

Sungyeol pats Myungsoo's pouting face as he lets out a laugh. "I was going to blame the cat," he says, "But I guess it's your fault too." As if in concurrence, Byul jumps onto the couch and settles on Sungyeol's lap. "See? Byul agrees with me." Sungyeol rewards their pet's good sense with long of his fur. He knew Byul really liked him. Reaching out to rub Myungsoo's bare knee, Sungyeol decides to give the other man a break. "Why don't we try again after the movie?" Myungsoo perks up instantly at the suggestion, his arms squeezing Sungyeol a little bit tighter. "Just make sure the cat isn't in the same room."