My Heart is Full of You

Baby, Let's Cruise

Well, this is kinda long for no reason. There's no prompt this time either. I just really wanted to write myungyeol with children. It was supposed to be them babysitting, but it sort of turned into something else somewhere in the middle. I guess this takes place around the same time as chapter 8 or just early in their relationship. I hope this still counts as fluff.

 


 

 

Just when Sungyeol had thought his boyfriend couldn't get any cuter, the impossible happens. He's standing in the middle of the TV station's cafeteria with his newly bought iced coffee in hand and trying to spot Myungsoo among the crowd. The other had (very cutely, in Sungyeol's opinion) whined about them barely having the time to eat together. His pleaded request that they have lunch together hadn't been something Sungyeol could possibly turn down. So he's come to meet his adorable boyfriend only to find him preoccupied.

Myungsoo is sitting at a table close to the windows with his attention focused on the little girl in the seat next to him. As Sungyeol gets closer, he sees that Myungsoo is trying to entertain the child with a series of odd faces. Sungyeol's hand tightens around his already-sweating cup, his heart speeding up. It's not surprising that Myungsoo's sweetness extends to children. He's the kindest, gentlest, most loving person Sungyeol's ever met (aside from Dongwoo and Sungjong). Sungyeol just didn't expect the sight of the other with the little girl, even trying his best to make her happy, to make him fall even more in love with Myungsoo. Especially since he thought he'd fallen as far as he could.

He waits another moment after he reaches Myungsoo's table, his heart swelling at the laughter from the little girl when Myungsoo crosses his eyes. He clears his throat to make his presence known before asking, "Is it me or are the interns here getting younger and younger?"

Myungsoo looks up in surprise at Sungyeol's voice, forgetting the two straws he'd stuck in his mouth to imitate walrus tusks. The other stands above him with a warm smile on his face. Myungsoo starts to speak, but then remembers the straws. "What are you doing here," he asks once he removes the fake tusks.

Setting his cup on the table across from the other, Sungyeol lets out a quiet laugh. "You're the one who wanted to have lunch with me. Or did you already forget in the twenty minutes since you asked?" Myungsoo's silence and slight blush are answer enough. Sungyeol laughs again and takes a seat. "So who do we have here," he smiles at the little girl although his question is directed at Myungsoo.

"Ah, well... This is Hyeran, PD Noh's daughter. There was an emergency meeting so he asked me to watch her for a few minutes." Myungsoo's eyes drop to the occupied seat next to him. Round, doe-like eyes meet his and he finds himself smiling reassuringly. "Hyeran-ie, this is my friend Sungyeol. He's an actor."

The young girl turns to look at Sungyeol. She stares at him as she drinks from her carton of strawberry milk. When it seems like she's found what she was looking for, she looks back up at Myungsoo. "He's pretty like you," she tells him matter-of-factly.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo both laugh, caught off-guard by the child's honesty. "Thank you," Sungyeol says sincerely. If it had come from an adult or someone he knew, he would've brushed it off as a hollow compliment. (Except for Myungsoo; he knows his boyfriend means every nice thing he says about him.) But he finds it hard to disagree with a child; they tend to be blunt about things, having not yet learned the art of sugar-coating.

Hyeran goes back to her milk, apparently not that interested in her babysitter and his friend. Sipping his coffee, Sungyeol watches her for a moment, marveling at how tiny and cute a person can be. He wants to reach across the table to pet her head, but he doesn't want to break her concentration as she separates the vegetables on her plate into groups.

Sungyeol looks up when he feels eyes on him. Myungsoo’s staring at him, a mixture of emotions on his face. "What," he asks quietly. He's starting to feel self-conscious. Myungsoo shakes his head, but avoids Sungyeol's eyes. The actor can tell there's more to it than Myungsoo just being embarrassed to be caught staring. Before he can press his boyfriend further, though, a very red-faced PD Noh rushes up to their table.

Hyeran, who had been solely intent on eating her food, perks up at the sight of her father. She jumps out her seat and he immediately picks her up. "I'm so sorry," PD Noh apologizes to Myungsoo. "I tried to get back as fast as I could."

"It's okay; I don't mind babysitting. Especially if it's Hyeran-ie."

PD Noh looks at his daughter. She's looking back at him, her little arms wrapped around his neck. "Did you have fun with Myungsoo-oppa?"

Hyeran nods. "He's funny. I like him. And his pretty friend too." She glances at Sungyeol before hiding her face in her father's shirt.

PD Noh turns to Sungyeol in surprise. "Oh, I didn't see you there."

Sungyeol blushes, slightly embarrassed. That's not usually what people say when they see him. He also didn't realize he'd left such an impact on the little girl despite their brief meeting. It's a nice feeling, though. Children can be a bit picky about who they're friendly to. "Don't worry about it," he assures the producer. "It was nice meeting you, Hyeran." When he reaches up to poke her elbow, she meets his eyes shyly. He can't help smiling at how cute she is.

"Can you say bye to the nice oppas?" Her father gently coaxes Hyeran to wave at Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Once she does, PD Noh thanks Myungsoo again and picks up his daughter’s nearly empty food tray.

The silence that falls over the table after they leave feels expectant, like Sungyeol and Myungsoo are both waiting for the other to speak first. Sungyeol occupies himself with his iced coffee even though there’s more ice than coffee by now. He can feel Myungsoo’s eyes on him again. This is probably the most awkward they’ve ever been with each other.

"Do you—" Myungsoo finally breaks the silence, but stops himself before finishing his question. Sungyeol thinks he knows what the other wants to ask. "It’s weird to ask this when we’ve only been together a few months," Myungsoo starts carefully. He’s fiddling with the straws he’d been entertaining Hyeran with earlier. "And this isn’t the best place to talk about this, but I guess I can’t help my curiosity." He pauses again, probably doubting himself. "Have you thought about…if you want children? In the future?"

Now really isn’t the time or place for this conversation. Sungyeol doesn’t want to blow it off so easily, though. The least he can do is give a short answer. "I have," he says slowly. He's still too young to be concerned with that part of his life. Right now the most important thing is building his career. He's been gaining popularity and earned himself more opportunities. Getting to do what he loves (and, of course, being rewarded for it) is all that matters to him at the moment. And Myungsoo. The other is also a top priority. Sungyeol loves him; he's in love with him, even if he doesn't always say it or show it. "And I do. I want a family. Eventually."

Sungyeol can't tell what Myungsoo's reaction is to his answer. It seems like relief that washes over the other man's face. "Me, too," Myungsoo replies, dropping his eyes down to the table. When he looks up at Sungyeol again, there's a small smile on his face. So small Sungyeol would think he was imagining it if he wasn't already staring intently at Myungsoo. "I want a family, too."

Maybe we can have one together someday, Sungyeol thinks. He doesn't dare say it out loud. Myungsoo would probably agree, but Sungyeol isn't sure he's ready to know whether that's true or not. Instead he chooses to change the subject. They can discuss that stuff when they're home and away from prying ears. "You haven't eaten yet?" It's only now that Sungyeol notices that the spot on the table in front of Myungsoo is empty. That's probably the most surprising part of lunch so far.

If Myungsoo's bothered by the sudden change in conversation (Sungyeol doesn't think he is), it doesn't show. He gives a short laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "Actually, I was waiting for you."

"You didn't have to." Sungyeol feels bad now considering he'd been a little late. He knows Myungsoo hasn't eaten anything since he left the apartment in the morning and he must be starving by now.

In place of a reassuring hand covering his own (or arms slipping around his middle), Sungyeol feels Myungsoo's foot graze his calf. It should look like Myungsoo's just stretching his leg and accidentally bumped into Sungyeol. But they both know there's a meaning to it. "It's okay." Now Myungsoo's smile is clearly visible. "I kind of forgot after Hyeran showed up."

"Well I guess if you still want to have lunch with me, we should go now before we run out of time." What Sungyeol really wants to do is pull Myungsoo into his arms and kiss him until he's breathless. What he ends up doing is getting up from his seat and stuffing his hands into his pants pockets. He takes a quick look at Myungsoo as they walk, their elbows bumping every once in a while. Myungsoo’s still smiling and Sungyeol can’t help the smile that tugs at his own lips. He doesn't know what the future holds for the two of them, but he hopes they can make each other happy for a long time.