My Heart is Stolen

Baby, Let's Cruise

The idea for this chapter came from when my sister and I were coming back from Hyuna's concert in New York. We were on the train and there was couple in front of us. At one point the lady rested her head on the guy's shoulder and that made me think of Myungsoo and Sungyeol (or this au more specifically). So this chapter is supposed to show the first time Myungsoo realizes he loves Sungyeol and the first time he says it.

 


 

In the past few months, Myungsoo has felt himself falling in love with Sungyeol. Pretty much everyone he knows would argue that he's been in love with the other man since day one. It seemed that way to Myungsoo as well, but he's only just now become absolutely sure that what he feels is love. He hasn't said anything to Sungyeol yet, though. The romantic in him wants the moment to be special and intimate. So it's no surprise that the moment comes at the most unexpected time.

After a whole week of sparse communication with his boyfriend, Myungsoo is pleasantly surprised to find Sungyeol on the other side of his door. Sungyeol has been busy filming another drama, working late nights and early mornings with hardly any time to eat or sleep. Although Myungsoo is concerned about him, he knows Sungyeol is more than happy for his packed schedule. He likes working and being busy. But he tries his best not let it keep him from being a good boyfriend. Which is why he takes Myungsoo out for dinner and lets him order as much food as he wants. (Sungyeol doesn't eat nearly as much as Myungsoo, but seeing him eat at all is a relief.)

They go for a slow walk afterwards. Myungsoo is more than thankful for the late hour that gives him the freedom to slip an arm around Sungyeol's waist. Despite the nice weather, Myungsoo revels in Sungyeol's warmth. He likes feeling that the other is there next to him, with him.

It's not until they're on the train going back to Myungsoo's apartment that Sungyeol's fatigue starts to show. He's been full of energy the whole night, joking and flirting and doting. He’s focused all his attention on Myungsoo and done such a good job that Myungsoo forgot Sungyeol had just spent over twelve hours on set. The reminder comes when they take their seats, Sungyeol melting into his own as his eyes fall shut. Myungsoo's griping about how whiny Hoya has been since his break up with Heeyeon. He's watching their reflections in the window, their intertwined hands and the closeness of their bodies. Although Sungyeol hasn't said anything since they got on the train, Myungsoo assumes he's listening. A sudden weight on his shoulder tells him he'd been wrong. He looks down to find Sungyeol's head just inches away.

It's not the first time he's seen Sungyeol sleeping. But unlike the other times, this feels different—or rather, Myungsoo feels different. A good kind of different, he thinks. He still thinks Sungyeol looks cute while asleep. (Honestly, he thinks Sungyeol looks cute no matter what.) Sungyeol looks so peaceful and calm. And beautiful.

I love him.

The thought comes to Myungsoo unbidden. A warm, happy feeling fills his chest as the realization hits him. He loves Sungyeol. He's in love with him. He wishes he could tell him, but the other is obviously tired; he should rest for now.

Myungsoo reaches up to gingerly pat Sungyeol's hair. Knowing what a light sleeper the actor is, he should restrain himself, but from the quiet snores coming from Sungyeol he doesn't think that'll be a problem. (He probably shouldn't be as thankful for his boyfriend's exhaustion as he is at the moment.) He pushes the hair off Sungyeol's forehead and bends his head down to press a light kiss to the smooth skin. "I love you," he whispers. The train car is empty save for the two of them and it's likely Sungyeol hasn't heard him, but it's freeing to say the words out loud, albeit quietly. He doesn't think he could've contained it much longer. And, of course, he'll say it again when Sungyeol is awake and he hopes to hear it back. The thought leaves a smile on his face for the rest of the ride.