Baby Let's Forget the Morning

Baby, Let's Cruise

It's taken me literally two months to write this. I didn't really have a prompt when I wrote the first couple of sentences. There still isn't a prompt, but I was going for something like them just spending all day in bed because they don't have to go anywhere. This is rather short compared to the other chapters and it gets all sappy at the end.

 


 

 

The day starts off overcast. Without the sun coming through the blinds to rouse him from his sleep, Sungyeol snuggles closer to Myungsoo (who practically purrs at the contact) and pretends the day hasn't started just yet. Thankfully, they're both off so another hour in bed won't hurt.

When Sungyeol wakes up again, it's to the pitter-patter of raindrops on the window. He cracks one eye open and then the other. Myungsoo's face is right in front of his own. He can't help reaching out to trail his fingers down the smooth skin of his boyfriend's cheek. He knows Myungsoo thinks he's lucky to have someone like Sungyeol, but the actor actually believes it's the other way around. Although Myungsoo would refute it, Sungyeol thinks the other man is the best thing that ever happened to him and still can't believe Myungsoo chose to be with him. (Dongwoo says that's why they're perfect for each other; if they both think the other is too good for them, then they'll do their best to stay together. Sungyeol supposes his perpetually single friend must know what he's talking about.)

Myungsoo doesn't react when Sungyeol presses a kiss to his forehead. Or when he shakes him slightly and urges him to get up. Sungyeol does get a groan from his boyfriend, though, when he settles on top of him. "You're heavy," Myungsoo mumbles as he tries to push Sungyeol off of him without actually moving his arms.

"That's not a very nice thing to say to your boyfriend." Sungyeol runs a hand down the other's bare chest and lets it settle on his hip just above the waistband of his boxers. He leans down to peck Myungsoo's lips. "Especially when I'm just trying to wake you up." Although he tends to get offended whenever anyone labels him as a child, he can admit that he does have some childish habits. One of which is needing Myungsoo to wake up when he wakes up. He doesn't do it every day; Myungsoo would have broken up with him a long time ago if he did—the younger man is very serious about sleeping. It's just that sometimes Sungyeol gets up in an energetic mood and he wants to share that energy with Myungsoo. Obviously his boyfriend would appreciate the gesture more if he was ever ready to be awake.

Myungsoo scoffs, turning his face away from Sungyeol slightly. "I don't recall asking you to," he retorts. Despite how much more coherent he sounds, the fact that his eyes are still firmly shut means he's waiting for Sungyeol to stop pestering him so he can sleep some more.

Sungyeol is persistent, though. "What about breakfast? You're going to pass up breakfast for sleep?" If there is one thing Myungsoo will readily sacrifice sleep for, it's food. Sungyeol had learned that very early on in their relationship. Food is probably tied with sleep at the top of the list of Myungsoo's favorite things. (Sungyeol is just a touch offended that he's not first.) So the question he's just posed to his boyfriend is sure to be a difficult one.

The room is silent for a couple minutes as Myungsoo contemplates his decision. Sungyeol tries really hard not to laugh at how seriously the other man is taking it. Finally, Myungsoo opens his eyes. "You don't like making things easy for me, do you," he sighs.

"It's more fun keeping you on your toes." He kisses his boyfriend's nose before moving down to his lips. Myungsoo returns the kiss lazily, wrapping his arms around Sungyeol's back. "I'll do all the cooking," Sungyeol proposes when they break away for a breath. He dips his head to press a line of kisses down Myungsoo's neck. His lips move against the other's warm skin when he speaks again. "And you can just lay here and relax."

There's a smile in Myungsoo's voice as he says, "You know me so well."

Sungyeol rolls onto his side of the bed and pulls Myungsoo so that they're both on their sides facing each other. "Isn't that why you love me," he asks.

Myungsoo's smile grows, bringing out his dimples. He combs the hair back from Sungyeol's forehead and smooths it down as he holds the other's gaze. "Among other things," he responds a moment later.

There are so many reasons why Sungyeol loves Myungsoo—too many for him to name. But the biggest reason has to be because it's him. He loves Myungsoo because of who he is; because he's Myungsoo. Myungsoo isn't perfect and Sungyeol knows their relationship isn't either, but as long as they can be happy together, as long as they can make each other happy, he thinks that's all that matters.

"I love you, too."