You Really Got a Hold on Me

Baby, Let's Cruise

Prompt: Imagine A of your OTP wanting to wake up B with a kiss, but when they lean down over them, B sneezes in their face.

 

The prompt wasn't very long, so I managed not to get carried away this time.

 


 

Sungyeol is dead tired when he walks through the door of his and Myungsoo's apartment. Filming had ended up getting extended because the weather wasn't cooperating and by the time he'd finished his last scene he was cold, drenched, and sore from slipping a few times too many on the wet ground. The only thing on his mind is having his boyfriend's arms wrapped around him, warming him up. All of that goes out the window, though, when Sungyeol steps into the living room and finds Myungsoo fast asleep curled up on the couch like a newborn kitten. As impossible as it seems, Sungyeol feels himself falling even more in love with Myungsoo.

A smile breaks out on his face as he walks closer to the couch and kneels down beside his sleeping boyfriend. He runs his fingers lightly over the other's bangs, reveling in the perfection in front of him. Myungsoo would blush up a storm if he knew how beautiful Sungyeol thinks he looks at the moment. It's so cute how embarrassed the younger man gets whenever Sungyeol compliments him. They've been together for just over a year, and lived together for about half of that time, but Myungsoo's reaction is still the same as when they'd first met. And that's one of Sungyeol's favorite things about him. Which is why he decides it's a good idea to wake Myungsoo up so he can make him flustered with only a few words.

"Myungsoo," he calls out softly, pushing the hair off of his boyfriend's forehead. When there's no reaction Sungyeol leans in to place a quick peck on Myungsoo's nose, eliciting a small twitch from it. Sungyeol calls his name a little bit louder and leans forward again. He's only a couple inches from Myungsoo's face when the other lets out a surprisingly cute kitten-like sneeze. At least, it would've been cute if a spray of spit hadn't come with it. Slapping a hand over his face, Sungyeol falls back onto his with a yelp.

Myungsoo sits up and looks around blearily. "When did you get here," he asks. A fond, albeit tired, smile lights up his face when his eyes fall on Sungyeol sitting dejectedly on the floor. "What're you doing down there?"

"Waking you up, apparently." Sungyeol wipes his face as the other man gives a short laugh. As put out as he seems, Sungyeol can't help but find Myungsoo's amusement painfully endearing. He’s always been a er for Myungsoo’s smile. He crawls closer to the couch and rests his head in his boyfriend's lap.

Myungsoo immediately starts combing his fingers through Sungyeol's hair. "Well, I'm awake now," he says. Sungyeol hums in response, closing his eyes in silent approval of relaxing rhythm of Myungsoo's hands in his hair. "Did you want to tell me about your day?"

Sungyeol knows he really means it. No matter how tired he is, Myungsoo is always willing to listen to Sungyeol recount his entire day. He gives the actor all of his attention and supplies whatever commentary or response required. "Shower first," Sungyeol says, although he doesn't make any move to go. Myungsoo's lap is comfortable. But his clothes are still damp from the rain and he could really use a nice, hot shower to unwind.

"Is that an invitation?" Myungsoo sounds fully awake now. And completely interested in Sungyeol's answer.

"Yeah, because I'm gonna need you to drag me there," Sungyeol says, opening his eyes to look up at Myungsoo. He’s only half-joking. Even though he’d been momentarily distracted, he’s still very much exhausted. Thankfully, his boyfriend takes pity on him and helps him get to the bathroom. He goes through the trouble of drawing up a bath for Sungyeol despite the older man’s weak protests. Myungsoo’s argument is that he’s returning the favor for Sungyeol and taking care of him like he had taken care of Myungsoo. That’s not actually the case since he’d already done so a few weeks back after Sungyeol came home from a particularly draining variety show shoot. But Sungyeol won’t turn down an opportunity like this. Myungsoo is even better with his hands than either of them had anticipated. It almost makes working himself to the bone worth it.

Actually, when it comes to Myungsoo, it’s always worth it.